Author Topic: Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools  (Read 936461 times)

boroda

- Often newly pasted files don't seem to have changed at all in their tag values, when seen from the main panel and tag editor. But if I rescan them, MB says it can't locate the files. After removing them, the pasted files show up correctly. This never happens with MB's internal Ctrl-C/Ctrl-V.
Probably this was my fault. Try new version.
- If you can't fix the sorting issue for the two field lists, probably the previous version would work better. Currently it's really confusing to configure the setting because the fields are not sorted alphabetically, hiding somewhere in two windows.
Sorting is not a problem.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/1hug6d98n2f86t0/mb_TagTools_2014-08-30-4.zip

redwing

Great! Sorting issue is now resolved. But the first one still happens. Try to paste to a just pasted file.

redwing

It's great the current ASR pane is resizable, but the preset list pane and track list pane inside it are not. Now the pane lists more than 80 presets, but the preset list pane is too short to browse them adequately. The same goes for track list pane at the bottom. So how about making the two panes resizable inside the pane? Maybe "Description" pane can be shorter as it has three lines at longest.

Also it would be great if copy tags to clipboard pane is resizable.
Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 03:26:52 PM by redwing

redwing

Thanks for the update!

- Now in most cases the tag values for the pasted files are immediately changed without having to rescan.
- But still it happens often with single to multiple cases. Rarely, entire tags are getting removed from target files.
- The pane is now resizable, but it doesn't remember the adjusted size, always returning to the default size when relaunched.
- How about taking one more step, enabling it to be listed in two columns when it has sufficient width? Then it could show entire fields without the scroll bars from the both lists.

redwing

Excellent! Now it's handling tag update better than MB's internal Ctrl-C/Ctrl-V as the MB's updates not entire tags in real time. Also no more flickering.
And great improvement of the copy tags to clipboard pane. Only two glitches:
- When minimized, the top border of Copy and Close button gets removed.
- More width is needed for each column as some field names (display composer & sort album artist) are truncated

boroda

- When minimized, the top border of Copy and Close button gets removed.
Cant reproduce and didn't understand clearly what you are meaning. Screenshot could help.

- More width is needed for each column as some field names (display composer & sort album artist) are truncated
Yes, I know this, but its out of my control.

boroda

Still cant reproduce, but hope new version will be better.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/tihs7g9no777dsq/mb_TagTools_2014-09-01-6.zip
Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 10:35:35 AM by boroda74

redwing

Yes, it's fixed. Thanks!
And I noticed you fixed ASR pane too. Looks much better except this glitch:

redwing

Yes, it's fixed. All seems to be sorted out for now. Thanks!
I'm gonna post a how-to guide about the new commands soon.