Author Topic: Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools  (Read 917597 times)

boroda

I can reproduce this. Thanks for bug report. Will fix it as soon as possible.

boroda

@Stampie
Redownload plugin. Fixed mentioned and several other bugs in "Library report" command.

Stampie

I can confirm that the report is now generated.

I don't know whether this is a bug, or just not possible, but I sorted the report by album artist in the preview dialog prior to exporting; however, the html report ignored the sort order and produced it in the order that the preview window originally presented me with (which appears random)

thanks for the quick fix.
Nick

boroda

Unfortunately exporting operations always uses initial (cached) sorting. I could only disable changing sorting in UI (UI table is stored differently than cached one) for disambiguation.

redwing

Hey, boroda74, you know what this is about:
http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=10786.msg65862#msg65862

Would it be possible to create a preset that can automate this process? So when it's auto-applied, it checks whether title has "(" or "[" and lyrics tag is not present. If so, it copies title to <Tag2> and remove all (...) [...] from title. Then once it gets lyrics tag, it restores original title and remove <Tag2>. What do you think?

boroda

I'm afraid there is no simple solution for this.

1. Select all tracks and copy "Title" to "Custom 8".

2. Create auto-playlist "Has lyrics" with condition "Lyrics?" is not equal to "" (empty value) and auto-playlist "Has no lyrics" with condition "Lyrics?" is equal to "".

3. Copy asr preset "Remove all '(...)' or '[...]' from '<Tag 1>'" and rename the copy to "Copy <Tag 1> to <Tag 2> and remove all '(...)' or '[...]' from '<Tag 1>'". Copy everything from step 1 to step 2. Change step 1 to search for "^(.*)" in tag <Tag 1> and replace with "$1" in <Tag 2>.  Save this preset.

4. Set <Tag 1> to 'Title' and <Tag 2> to "Custom 8" (for example) for this preset.

5. Tick this preset for auto-applying if it track belongs to playlist "Has no lyrics".

6. Find preset "TOY: 'Copy tag' command" . Set <Tag 1> to "Custom 8" and <Tag 2> to "Title".

7. Tick this preset for auto-applying if track belongs to playlist "Has lyrics".

P.S. Didn't test these instructions, but they should work.

P.P.S. I don't want to modify ASR preset pack because instructions for this situation anyway are too complex.
Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 04:17:50 PM by boroda74

redwing

Looks like it should be working fine.

But then all tracks will keep having a <Custom 8> value, and the process is too complex. I will think about a way to use virtual tags to simplify the process.

Thanks for your help!

redwing

No Bracket = $IsNull(<Lyrics?>,$IsNull($If($Replace(<Title>,"(",)=<Title>,N,), $Split(<Title>,"(",1),),)

returns AAA for the title of AAA(aaa) only when the track has no lyrics. Otherwise it has no value.

Then what? Take into account that if you change title value, the virtual tag will not work properly.

boroda

All this is needed to get lyrics for title without text in brackets? Then we have to modify 'title' tag and to store original 'title' tag value somewhere else. If lyrics plugin can't use virtual field instead of 'title' then I can't see how we could use virtual field.
Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 10:27:31 AM by boroda74

redwing

Thanks. I posted it on the wishlist board: http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=10863.0
Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 07:36:10 AM by redwing

redwing

Related to these threads:

http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=10883.0
http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=10893.0

How about supporting "All Contained Tags" preset for Library Reports command that shows all supported/unsupported fields contained by those tracks just like when looked into with tag inspector? Then the user would be able to browse all those tag values by sorting by each column.
Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 08:44:11 AM by redwing

boroda

Sorry, MB API supports access only to tags mapped to UI. I don't want to write own id3 parser.

Arathon

Hi, Thanks for this great plugin, it's really usefull. I'm having a problem in tagging my files and i wanted to ask if you could help me, i want to split the artist tag while keeping the original one so it want mess last.fm scrobbling. For example i have such an artist:
ARTIST: deadmau5 feat. Chris James
I want to split it into:
ARTIST:Chris James
ARTIST: deadmau5
But in the track explorer the artist tag (or Artist displayed tag as i saw in mp3tag) should remain as the original one "deadmau5 feat. Chris James", so the scrobbling want be affected while i'll have a nice organized library.

I tried copying the artist tag to displayed artist one and splitting it, but when i scrobble it will send
ARTIST: deadmau5;Chris James
and last.fm couldn't recognize it. Is there a way to solve this?

Thanks again for this awesome plugin  and sorry if this is OT.