Author Topic: Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools  (Read 917437 times)

boroda

This is intended behavior. Actually you can use destination tag same as source tag with split/merge presets, but destination tag should be the last customizable tag.

redwing

This is intended behavior. Actually you can use destination tag same as source tag with split/merge presets, but destination tag should be the last customizable tag.

Then, cannot use it if it's not the last tag?

boroda

No, you can use if not last tag, but then source tag will be substituted with replaced value and this substituted value will be used in subsequent steps. This is mostly likely undesirable.

P.S. Sorry for my English

redwing

No, you can use if not last tag, but then source tag will be substituted with replaced value and this substituted value will be used in subsequent steps. This is mostly likely undesirable.

P.S. Sorry for my English

That's exactly what I understood (your English is superb). My question was if there's any way you can modify regex/steps to perform the task when it's not last tag.

boroda

My question was if there's any way you can modify regex/steps to perform the task when it's not last tag.
Lets see 2 examples: 'Comment' tag with value...

Example#1 ... 'Artist1 - Title1 - Comment1' is split to tag#1 'Artist', custom_text#1 '-', tag#2 'Title', custom_text#2 '-', tag#3 'Comment'. In this example 'Artist1' will be extracted on the 1st step ('Comment' tag remain unchanged), 'Title1' will be extracted on the 2nd step ('Comment' tag remain unchanged) and 'Comment1' will be substituted in 'Comment' tag on the last step.

Example#2 ... 'Comment1 - Artist1 - Title1' is split to tag#1 'Comment', custom_text#1 '-', tag#2 'Artist', custom_text#2 '-', tag#3 'Title'. In this example 'Comment1' will be substituted in 'Comment' tag on the 1st step, no match will be found on the 2nd step (so 2nd step will be effectively skipped) and no match will be found on the last step (so last step will be effectively skipped).

NB: Only actual order of searches and replaces is important. Actual order is defined in preset editor and by order of customizable tags.

P.S. Hope I succeeded to explain how ASR works.
Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 05:46:13 PM by boroda74

redwing

For example #2, this modification can handle the task.

Then with more null fields, all split/merge presets can handle the task automatically regardless of the position?

redwing

This one is better. No need for more null fields, and can handle all positions.

boroda

For example #2, this modification can handle the task.

No, <Null> is not <Temporary tag>. Writing to <Null> does nothing. Reading from <Null> always returns empty string. You can use 'Custom16' tag for example as temporary tag. Alternatively I could add <Temp> pseudo-tag to ASR.

edit:
Possibly (I'm not sure) <Null> tag is cached along with other tags in ASR, then your preset should work.
Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 07:21:57 PM by boroda74

redwing

Both presets are working fine. The only problem is that the user cannot use <null> field to discard unnecessary string since it will overwrite the field. But the suggested <temp> tag would be the solution for that. So do you mean that the user have to do all these configurations? How about modifying merge/split presets like this? Any downsides? I can configure these myself, but whenever you update the plugin they will become useless.

redwing

BTW split presets are not parsing properly with period "." as delimiter.

boroda

Both presets are working fine.
This is unintended, but useful behavior :)

The only problem is that the user cannot use <null> field to discard unnecessary string since it will overwrite the field. But the suggested <temp> tag would be the solution for that. So do you mean that the user have to do all these configurations? How about modifying merge/split presets like this?
I'll add several <Temp#> pseudo-tags and will modify split/merge presets, so users can safely use any combination of customizable tags.

boroda

This is downside of allowing escape sequences like '\t'. Use '\.' instead of '.' as delimiter.

redwing

Both presets are working fine.
This is unintended, but useful behavior :)

The only problem is that the user cannot use <null> field to discard unnecessary string since it will overwrite the field. But the suggested <temp> tag would be the solution for that. So do you mean that the user have to do all these configurations? How about modifying merge/split presets like this?
I'll add several <Temp#> pseudo-tags and will modify split/merge presets, so users can safely use any combination of customizable tags.

Sounds great! Thanks!

This is downside of allowing escape sequences like '\t'. Use '\.' instead of '.' as delimiter.

Then only for period or any other characters? Maybe some notes should be displayed.

boroda

Then only for period or any other characters? Maybe some notes should be displayed.
For some chars. I think I should rollback to old behavior and make some special escape sequence for tabulation only (eg. <TAB> or something else).

redwing

For some chars. I think I should rollback to old behavior and make some special escape sequence for tabulation only (eg. <TAB> or something else).

That sounds reasonable. And consider to put a note on the preset window.
Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 12:06:48 AM by redwing