Author Topic: Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools  (Read 932189 times)

superstar19

Thanks for the follow-up.  I'll give it a try when I get home.

redwing

Thanks a lot for implementing my request of text file to tag feature. Later I'm going to post a how-to tip for the feature.

BTW with the new version, Apply after Preview is not working for some reason with any preset and copy tag commands. Apply without Preview is working fine.   

boroda

@redwing
Thanks for bug report. Its fixed. Redownload plugin from 1st post.

redwing

Two additional bugs:

1. The ASR preset for "Split '<Tag 1>' to tags '<Tag 2>', '<Tag 3>'" does not seem to be working properly. After applying it, the ASR running message keeps being displayed on the status bar without changing tags.

2. Text file to tags feature does not read unicode text file properly.
Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 07:46:55 AM by redwing

boroda

About 2.
For unicode text 1st 2 chars should be Byte Ordering Marker. I created UTF-8 text in Notepad and all worked fine.

boroda

About 1.
Didn't find any problem. Is some preset ticked for autoapplying in your case?

redwing

About 1.
Didn't find any problem. Is some preset ticked for autoapplying in your case?

Yes, that seems to be the case. It's working fine without having auto-applied preset. But not working properly with having one.

About 2.
For unicode text 1st 2 chars should be Byte Ordering Marker. I created UTF-8 text in Notepad and all worked fine.

UTF-8 is working fine. I meant UTF-16LE as "Unicode" in encoding option of Windows Notepad.

boroda

Yes, that seems to be the case. It's working fine without having auto-applied preset. But not working properly with having one.
What preset was ticked for autoapplying?

UTF-8 is working fine. I meant UTF-16LE as "Unicode" in encoding option of Windows Notepad.
Yes, there was an error. Its fixed. See 1st post for download link.

redwing

That's "Swap first and last name of artist and adding <Custom text> - 2" preset. Only 2 out of 8 tracks worked with the preset auto-applied.

TheAlfred

@superstar19
Try to upgrade MB to latest version.

I am having the same problem with "some tag names are duplicated...blah"... Already installed the latest version of the plugin.
What is this "latest", patched version of MB? Is it your own build? Will this patch be included in the official version?

boroda

What is this "latest", patched version of MB? Is it your own build? Will this patch be included in the official version?
It's latest build made by Steven which is not yet officially released. Later this patch will be included in official release.

MeeMeeMee

Sorry if this has been asked and answered:
Does this plugin (and, in fact, others) respect the Save tags to the music file setting, under Tags(1)?
i.e., if I disable that option and use this plugin to make changes to tags: Will those changes be applied just to MB's data-base?
MusicBee 3.5.8516 / Windows 10 (64-bit) / Intel i5-3470 / 8GB RAM
Media on NAS (CIFS share)
20K+ tracks, predominantly FLAC ; converted to mp3 (lame -V 0) when synced to a Cowon D2+
________________________________________________________________________________________________
Get the latest patch: https://getmusicbee.com/patches/

redwing

It would be great if null can be selected for tags with ASR presets:

http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=9182.0 (custom fields were used instead)