Author Topic: Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools  (Read 936940 times)

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
Is there no more support here?
What do you mean? :/
I already spend hours on end on social media. Might as well spare a few of those to a greater purpose here.

ChriUwe

If I integrate the latest version of the plugin, I also get this error message:

MusicBee v3.6.8816.34740D  (Win10.0), 4 Mrz 2024 6:45:

System.ArgumentNullException: Der Wert darf nicht NULL sein.
Parametername: brush
   bei System.Drawing.Graphics.FillRectangle(Brush brush, Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 width, Int32 height)
   bei System.Drawing.Graphics.FillRectangle(Brush brush, Rectangle rect)
   bei MusicBeePlugin.CustomVScrollBar.OnPaint1(PaintEventArgs e, Image upArrowImage, Image downArrowImage, Image thumbTopImage, Image thumbMiddleImage, Image thumbBottomImage, Boolean stretchThumbImage)
   bei MusicBeePlugin.CustomVScrollBar.OnPaint(PaintEventArgs e)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.PaintWithErrorHandling(PaintEventArgs e, Int16 layer)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmPaint(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.UserControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

I described my problem here on March 03.

ChriUwe

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
Oh yeah right, one of our mods better give boroda a hiding in that case then.
It's really unacceptable that he hasn't been glued to his computer attending to these reports from two weeks ago.
I already spend hours on end on social media. Might as well spare a few of those to a greater purpose here.

phred

• Global Moderator
I described my problem here on March 03.
This is a user-to-user forum. Answers to questions are handled by fellow users. This plugin is maintained by one person who volunteers his time to keep the plugin updated and to provide support. He is not an employee of MB. He does not get paid. He has a life. He responds to plugin issues when he has the time.

Be patient.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

ChriUwe

I find it a bit strange when a new version is made available, it then contains bugs and you no longer get support for it!
There has been no feedback since March 03!

frankz

You should definitely ask for a refund for the full cost of the plug-in!

phred

• Global Moderator
I find it a bit strange when a new version is made available, it then contains bugs and you no longer get support for it!

Not a single piece of software gets released without bugs.

Your complaints will do you no good. When the plugin developer has the time, he (may) look at the issue. But my guess is that all you did was post a screenshot without describing what you were doing when the error occurred, there's not enough information for the developer to figure it out. List the step by step of what you did to cause the error and maybe you'll get some help.

Remember - it's FREE software. Sometimes you get what you paid for.
Last Edit: April 02, 2024, 06:39:28 PM by phred
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
Oh man this triggered me - You sound exactly like some of the people I work with.
I'm sorry for the language, but you need to chill the f out.
What gives you the right to make a follow up with anyone on this forum?
If you are not satisfied with the development turnaround times on this plugin, you are welcome to create one that you'll update as swiftly and bug-free as you require.

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
Unfortunately I get an error message:

What's the above formula supposed to do?
Your function contains three parameters when there should only be one according to hiccup's guide.
If it's taken you this long to not even realize and research on that, why do you then demand boroda to do it in 5mins for you? Get real.

ChriUwe

EDITED

forgot to mention changes in the last version.

$TitleCase and $SentenceCase now have extended syntax:

$TitleCase(input,exceptionWords,wordSplittersASRString,exceptionCharsASRString)
$SentenceCase (input,exceptionWords)

if exceptionWords, wordSplittersASRString or exceptionCharsASRString are completely empty, then ASR defaults are used. if they are whitespaces, then the function won't use any exception words, exception characters, or word splitters at all (excepted words are lowercased by these functions (besides the first and last word of the input string for the $TitleCase function),  words following exception characters are lowercased, and words after 'word splitters' will be capitalized). all characters and words must be separated by spaces. any number of the last parameters can be omitted. they will use ASR defaults in this case.

examples:

Code
$TitleCase("test", ,/ - &) is the same as:

$TitleCase("test", ,/ - &,) i.e., don't use excepted words, use characters / - & as word splitters, and use ASR defaults for characters after which the words must be lowercased.

Code
$TitleCase("test") is the same as:

$TitleCase("test",,,) i.e., use ASR defaults for excepted words, word splitters (spaces are always treated as word splitters), and characters after which the words must be lowercased.

It's about this new function!

hiccup

It's about this new function!
Confirming that $TitleCase(<Title>, ,/ - &) returns an error for the current version of the plugin.

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
I'm away from home tonight and cannot test the above.
Does enclosing the parameters in quotation marks make no difference?
$TitleCase("<Title>", ,/ - &)   or   $TitleCase("<Title>"," ","/ - &")

In that case, I apologize to ChriUwe for my remarks on the reply immediately preceding this one.
It still stands though that even if the fix comes next year, the minimum expectation from other users should be gratitude, and not nags.
The source code is available to anyone who's got the time and skills to make the fix overnight.

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8878 P
I can understand your frustration ChriUwe, I too await a response from boroda.
But I also look at the bigger picture.
Boroda resides in Russia and from all reports things are a little bit unsettled there at the moment.
Russia is a large country and I personally don't know borada's exact location and how any of the reported troubles might effect him, so I just wait patiently and hope that nothing serious has happend to him.
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together