Author Topic: Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools  (Read 937046 times)

boroda

https://www.mediafire.com/file/odmp6wgn9hg7hfi/mb_TagTools_debug.zip/file
Is this current version a "debug" or a "beta"?

i've tested this version (well, maybe not very carefully), so i'd consider it "debug". it includes debug info (.pdb file) for better error reporting. i'll remove debug info from the final version.

Is anyone else having problems with getting $LR(<URL>,'virtual tag function ID') to work in a virtual tag?

The Library Report preview shows it works fine but when I try to use the results in a virtual tag the resulting output is either
Code
???
or '0'

it seems that i know what the problem is. i'll check my suggestion and upload the fixed version today.

3. scroll bars are now skinned.
Well, most of the scroll-bars are skinned - the main ASR one seems to have 2 scrollbars now...

And I might add that this last package doesn't seem to contain the usual folder of ASR Presets (for those who may be downloading it for the first time...)

strange, but i don't see this glitch. maybe i've fixed it already. please recheck it using the new version, which i'll upload later.

boroda

Virtual Tag1 = $TitleCase(<title>)

How can I adjust the title formatting here?
$TitleCase("hit-mix") leads to Hit-mix.
But Hit-Mix would be correct.
Can this be changed?

it turned out that this has been implemented from the beginning. open 'change case' command, add '-' to the field 'symbols to treat as word splitters', then click 'ASR' button to the right of this field.

3. scroll bars are now skinned.
Well, most of the scroll-bars are skinned - the main ASR one seems to have 2 scrollbars now...

please recheck this issue using new version.

BTW, what did you mean by 'most' (except for those doubled scroll bars in ASR)?

Is anyone else having problems with getting $LR(<URL>,'virtual tag function ID') to work in a virtual tag?

The Library Report preview shows it works fine but when I try to use the results in a virtual tag the resulting output is either

or '0'

i wasn't able to reproduce this bug, but i have found another critical bug (it related to the $LR function only, not to the LR command). i've fixed it. try new version.

------------------------

Messiaen

please recheck this issue using new version.

BTW, what did you mean by 'most' (except for those doubled scroll bars in ASR)?
Nope, scrollbar issue remains - strange that all the other scrollbars are fine, it's (as far as I have seen) just the main ASR one that's bugged.  Tried switching in and out of "use skin colours", even other skins, but no change.  (I just used the word 'most' because I hadn't tested for all of them at that time - I haven't seen any others in ALR either.)

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8878 P

or '0'

i wasn't able to reproduce this bug, but i have found another critical bug (it related to the $LR function only, not to the LR command). i've fixed it. try new version.
No luck. Still not importing results from LR to VirtualTag

Library Report shows correct results

I normally wouldn't include the Album grouping, That's just show the Album names for the screenshot  ;)

Virtual Tag configuration is correct

But result is not correct

If I set the virtual tag formula as just
Code
$LR(<URL>,KindCount)
it shows that it if just returning a value of '1'
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

boroda

@Bee-liever, just as a guess: what happens if you define virtual tag as:

Code
$LR("<URL>",KindCount)

?

boroda

@Messiaen, what Windows version do you use? also, please check the scroll bars in LR (you'll need to create several dummy/empty presets to see scroll bars).

only ASR and LR use the CheckedListBox control (for preset lists). all other commands use other controls (TextBox, ListBox, etc.)

Messiaen

@Messiaen, what Windows version do you use? also, please check the scroll bars in LR (you'll need to create several dummy/empty presets to see scroll bars).
Oops, yeah, LR seems to suffer this problem too - I just didn't have enough presets to see it.

Standard boring Win10.  (And, just for the record, the issue persists in the version you just uploaded above whilst I was typing.)

Bee-liever

@Bee-liever, just as a guess: what happens if you define virtual tag as:

Code
$LR("<URL>",KindCount)

?

Returns nothing (or a null character)
MB does save the syntax though

Bee-liever

Don't think it would interfere with your plugin but just in case, MBs own
Code
$Count(<Kind>,<Album>)
doesn't work either.

boroda

@Bee-liever, i'll have a closer look at your issue today.

Standard boring Win10.  (And, just for the record, the issue persists in the version you just uploaded above whilst I was typing.)

hrr... the same version as mine. well, another try:

boroda

EDITED

forgot to mention changes in the last version.

$TitleCase and $SentenceCase now have extended syntax:

$TitleCase(input,exceptionWords,wordSplittersASRString,exceptionCharsASRString)
$SentenceCase (input,exceptionWords)

if exceptionWords, wordSplittersASRString or exceptionCharsASRString are completely empty, then ASR defaults are used. if they are whitespaces, then the function won't use any exception words, exception characters, or word splitters at all (excepted words are lowercased by these functions (besides the first and last word of the input string for the $TitleCase function),  words following exception characters are lowercased, and words after 'word splitters' will be capitalized). all characters and words must be separated by spaces. any number of the last parameters can be omitted. they will use ASR defaults in this case.

examples:

Code
$TitleCase("test", ,/ - &) is the same as:

$TitleCase("test", ,/ - &,) i.e., don't use excepted words, use characters / - & as word splitters, and use ASR defaults for characters after which the words must be lowercased.

Code
$TitleCase("test") is the same as:

$TitleCase("test",,,) i.e., use ASR defaults for excepted words, word splitters (spaces are always treated as word splitters), and characters after which the words must be lowercased.
Last Edit: March 03, 2024, 04:25:18 PM by boroda

Messiaen

well, another try:
And there we go - now all the scrollbars are working/appearing as advertised.  :)

Thank you.

ChriUwe

ChriUwe

If I integrate the latest version of the plugin, I also get this error message:

MusicBee v3.6.8816.34740D  (Win10.0), 4 Mrz 2024 6:45:

System.ArgumentNullException: Der Wert darf nicht NULL sein.
Parametername: brush
   bei System.Drawing.Graphics.FillRectangle(Brush brush, Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 width, Int32 height)
   bei System.Drawing.Graphics.FillRectangle(Brush brush, Rectangle rect)
   bei MusicBeePlugin.CustomVScrollBar.OnPaint1(PaintEventArgs e, Image upArrowImage, Image downArrowImage, Image thumbTopImage, Image thumbMiddleImage, Image thumbBottomImage, Boolean stretchThumbImage)
   bei MusicBeePlugin.CustomVScrollBar.OnPaint(PaintEventArgs e)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.PaintWithErrorHandling(PaintEventArgs e, Int16 layer)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmPaint(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.UserControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)