Author Topic: Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools  (Read 936961 times)

Mafios

Thanks for the fixes you made, it's now working well. I'm curious about the right-click menu if it's meant to have the lesser but maybe more common options than what it shows in the Tools menu?

boroda

@Mafios, i agree with you.

@All, which context menu items should i leave in context menu on reducing their count?

-----------------------

1. Critical bug fix: some plugin windows (e.g., ASR) weren't shown at all if the "Use MusicBee font" option was on.

2. Minor UI improvements.

EDIT:

3. ASR preset names/descriptions typos are fixed. you might want to re-install predefined presets.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/h2t08o9562efboi/mb_TagTools_latest.zip/file

Full plugin package:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/b6jrq6nlkkcrxbv/Additional-Tagging-Tools-Plugin.zip/file
Last Edit: January 29, 2024, 01:17:32 PM by boroda

Mafios

@Mafios, i agree with you.

@All, which context menu items should i leave in context menu on reducing their count?
I meant if the right-click menu is meant to already have less options than the Tools menu at the moment. Because I'm not seeing certain options there like I used to in previous versions.

In fact, after just updating to the most recent one, both Swap Tags and ASR options are gone from the right-click menu.

phred

• Global Moderator
which context menu items should i leave in context menu on reducing their count?
I don't find the right-click context menu over crowded. However, the ones that I use the most and would not want to see removed, are
Copy Tag...
Swap Tag...
Change Case...
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

boroda

@phred, I've already removed the 'swap tags' item. Okay, I'll restore it.

Mbnation84

hi,

thank you for your reply earlier.

1) how do i choose what columns i want? (as they dont seem to let me edit in anyway)
2) is there a way to just have album covers on the page for example side by side

sorry i am a noob at this

boroda

I meant if the right-click menu is meant to already have less options than the Tools menu at the moment. Because I'm not seeing certain options there like I used to in previous versions.

ahh. misunderstood you. yes, the context menu contains only commands that are meant to be mainly applied to selected tracks, e.g., all tag backups (except for tag history) are removed from it, or LR is removed. LR can be applied to selected tracks, but that's not the main purpose of this command.

boroda

1) how do i choose what columns i want? (as they dont seem to let me edit in anyway)

if i understood correctly what your issue is, you can't edit predefined LR presets, but you can copy them and edit the copies as you want.

2) is there a way to just have album covers on the page for example side by side

not sure what you mean, mockup could help. try to edit copies of 'cd booklets' or 'albums and tracks' presets.

Mbnation84

if i understood correctly what your issue is, you can't edit predefined LR presets, but you can copy them and edit the copies as you want.

not sure what you mean, mockup could help. try to edit copies of 'cd booklets' or 'albums and tracks' presets.

it wont let me edit anything in the presets, also i have a mockup image but i cant attach it here. if you imagine in itunes (dependinh on the view selected) you havethe album covers side by side with name underneath, so you its very visual rather that listed tracks and album.

what i am trying to achieve is to be able to print the cover art and names (Not tracks or anything else) where you have 3/4 album covers on the same line when printing, however it would only work with a pdf i believe.  does that explain it a little better?

also when i played around with exporting it would not show the image, just shows a musical note, and thats on the cd booklet and album and tracks, the preview dont match the export file either

phred

• Global Moderator
@phred, I've already removed the 'swap tags' item. Okay, I'll restore it.
Sorry for not replying earlier, boroda. I didn't mean to cause you extra work, but thank you for restoring the Swap Tags function to the context menu.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Mafios

ahh. misunderstood you. yes, the context menu contains only commands that are meant to be mainly applied to selected tracks, e.g., all tag backups (except for tag history) are removed from it, or LR is removed. LR can be applied to selected tracks, but that's not the main purpose of this command.
I see. I didn't know such changes were being made as I was updating and thought it was some kind of issue.

Besides the ones suggested earlier, I like to have the ASR option again.

Fivda

So for some reason it seems like the Copy Tag (clipboard > basically any field) featureu seems to ignore my line breaks, and i'm not sure why. I've tried to copy tracklists manually and it still won't work, so this definitly doesn't have to do with myescrewing up on my end with notepad++ and my macros to copy tracklists from VGMdb or something. It's something to do with the copy clipboard to tag option and i have no idea what it is, it just stopped working one day and the next. I tried reinstalling the plugin but it still doesn't parse them properly.

It keeps propagating all different lines as just a single one, as you can see here.

hiccup

So for some reason it seems like the Copy Tag (clipboard > basically any field) featureu seems to ignore my line breaks, and i'm not sure why. I've tried to copy tracklists manually and it still won't work, so this definitly doesn't have to do with myescrewing up on my end with notepad++ and my macros to copy tracklists from VGMdb or something.
Can you post a screenshot of what you have pasted in notepad++ using 'Show All Characters', like this?:

Fivda

So for some reason it seems like the Copy Tag (clipboard > basically any field) featureu seems to ignore my line breaks, and i'm not sure why. I've tried to copy tracklists manually and it still won't work, so this definitly doesn't have to do with myescrewing up on my end with notepad++ and my macros to copy tracklists from VGMdb or something.
Can you post a screenshot of what you have pasted in notepad++ using 'Show All Characters', like this?:

hiccup

So you have CR (carriage return) missing.
That's why AT&RT will consider the input as a single line.

You should probably be looking at how you have setup your macro's to copy text to the clipboard.