Author Topic: Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools  (Read 937997 times)

frankz

Look three posts up from yours.

It's always a good idea to read at least a few recent posts in a thread before posting to it.

boroda

phred, frankz, thank you for helping users while i was absent.

i now try to look at unanswered issues.

boroda

Can someone help me with the Library Report? I want to run the Library Report Export on every Start and it seems that something happens but i can't find the export file

no, no, no. LR reports can be exported to files only manually. 'auto-execute preset at startup' option is intended to save LR functions to (e.g. custom) tags!

boroda

Hi,
I need to manually update the "Last played" property for some files
According to this post, I should be able to do it with the ASR "Set tag" feature of this plugin.
Is this really possible ?

I've installed all presets, but when I click on "Set tag" checkbox, I have the following error:
Code
MusicBee v3.5.8150.17011D  (Win10.0), 5 janv. 2024 16:30:

System.NullReferenceException: La référence d'objet n'est pas définie à une instance d'un objet.
   à MusicBeePlugin.AdvancedSearchAndReplaceCommand.presetList_ItemCheck(Object sender, ItemCheckEventArgs e)
   à System.Windows.Forms.CheckedListBox.OnItemCheck(ItemCheckEventArgs ice)
   à System.Windows.Forms.CheckedListBox.SetItemCheckState(Int32 index, CheckState value)
   à System.Windows.Forms.CheckedListBox.SetItemChecked(Int32 index, Boolean value)
   à MusicBeePlugin.AdvancedSearchAndReplaceCommand.presetList_MouseClick(Object sender, MouseEventArgs e)
   à System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnMouseClick(MouseEventArgs e)
   à System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.WndProc(Message& m)
   à System.Windows.Forms.CheckedListBox.WndProc(Message& m)
   à System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   à System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   à System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/6r4tpz75njyxkgsi1xa88/musicbee_ATRT_ASR_error.jpg?rlkey=67rljlkff9wxchbxnbzte8gtl&dl=0
Version: 5.7.8442.39379

How can I fix this ?
Thanks in advance and have a nice day

this is VERY old plugin version. latest version is 8.0.xxxx

boroda

Hello. I'm having some trouble with certain keys (backspace, spacebar, arrows, maybe more) not working, while also triggering MB actions in the background.

could you be more specific? i don't understand what you mean.

boroda

Now that it's functional, I wanted to ask if it's possible to have a "Search and Replace" preset that takes the file path of a song and renames the file extension to something else?

Unfortunately, no. it's not the restriction of the plugin, it's the restriction of MB API: track's path/filename/extension is read-only.

boroda

@boroda... I haven't checked it myself, but perhaps the plugin page should be updated to indicate the minimum version of MB required.

Thanks for advice. it's done.

Messiaen

Hello. I'm having some trouble with certain keys (backspace, spacebar, arrows, maybe more) not working, while also triggering MB actions in the background.

could you be more specific? i don't understand what you mean.
I have seen this too - it's directly related to the hotkeys the user sets within Preferences -> Hotkeys.  For some reason the plugin window is not "insulated" from them, and MB takes the keystroke despite not having direct focus.

For example, were you to set the spacebar as the hotkey for Playback -> Play/Pause (as many media players do), if the ASR window is open and you are trying to type into a field (say <Custom Text 1> for example), every time you hit <Space> MB grabs the message and starts/pauses the music - but no <Space> character can be entered into the field, since the keystroke is gone.

The only way around it is to disable the keys you want from being hotkeys, so common ones such as <Left>, <Right>, <Back>, etc. can't be used, unless you want to have a lot of trouble in ASR windows.

I reported this once, but you got sidetracked onto other things so it was never looked into, or you couldn't reproduce it for some reason.  Try the above example (of spacebar) and you'll see what I mean.

boroda

i won't check this because i already know what's the problem.

i've recently removed the code Steven has provided earlier to avoid this issue because it was very difficult to edit dialogs keeping this code. i thought it's not required anymore (doesn't matter why i thought so).

obviosly, i've mistaken. my fault. today is too late in Moscow, but i'll return this old code back tomorrow.

boroda

* Fixed support for MusicBee hotkeys. I haven't tested this version, only returned previously removed code back, but all must be working as earlier.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/h2t08o9562efboi/mb_TagTools_latest.zip/file

Full plugin package:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/b6jrq6nlkkcrxbv/Additional-Tagging-Tools-Plugin.zip/file

Messiaen

...but all must be working as earlier.
Appears to be fixed on initial testing.  Thanks.

boroda

i've made minor improvement of "copy tags to clipboard"/"paste tags from clipboard" commands:

1. new pseudo-tag added: <Full path w/o ext.> (besides already existing <URL> pseudo-tag). it's full music file path including filename, but without extension.
2. If the clipboard contains either <Full path w/o ext.> or <URL> pseudo-tag, the plugin will prompt you to match tracks according to it or use the track displayed order as earlier.
3. There was (and is) the restriction that requires that the number of tracks from which the tags have been copied must be equal to the number of tracks to which the tags are pasted. this restriction can be violated in case of matching tracks by paths.

possible usage:

1. backup tags for selected tracks (plugin backup/restore feature always backup entire library though tags can be restored for selected tracks only).
2. copy tags form old format tracks to e.g. higher quality tracks.

note: it's debug version. i'll recompile it in release mode in couple of days if no bugs are reported.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/odmp6wgn9hg7hfi/mb_TagTools_debug.zip/file

boroda