Author Topic: Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools  (Read 937086 times)

Messiaen

Quote from: boroda
Plugin uses MusicBee font & skin colors by default now
Long absence ("Real-Life-Stuff"), but some time to play now.

I'm not so sure that coupling the plugin to MB's custom font size is working quite right when DPI is 125%.  Using Win10, if the "default" Segoe UI 9pt is used, all is well, however, increasing that font even by 1 point causes problems.  Segoe UI 10pt (at 125% it actually becomes 10.2), the ASR window expands to below the taskbar, so the "preview" section is mostly cut off.  Worse, the preset editing window extends similarly, so that the "Step 5" controls are completely inaccessible.

Maybe only tie it to any custom font up to 9pt but decouple it for anything over that (if DPI > 100)?  At least the font/skin option can still be turned off for now, so it defaults back to 9pt, albeit with the sickly white default skin colours.

Also, was the "Ok" button intentionally removed from the plugin configuration (Options -> Plugins...)?  Hitting <Enter> seems to apply settings, so it's no great loss, but a dialog with no "Ok" button is just weird...

And, in that same window, in the "result filtering" options section, in the English translation the word "Include" is missing the 'l' letter, on all three lines.

Thanks for your continuing efforts.

boroda

Maybe only tie it to any custom font up to 9pt but decouple it for anything over that (if DPI > 100)?  At least the font/skin option can still be turned off for now, so it defaults back to 9pt, albeit with the sickly white default skin colours.

ok, i'll separate the options "use MB font" & "use skin colors".

Also, was the "Ok" button intentionally removed from the plugin configuration (Options -> Plugins...)?  Hitting <Enter> seems to apply settings, so it's no great loss, but a dialog with no "Ok" button is just weird...

it's because i wasn't able to think of any good layout of settings window for 125%. but settings window must become vertically scrollable (entire window) if it doesn't fit vertical screen size. isn't it scrollable for you?

And, in that same window, in the "result filtering" options section, in the English translation the word "Include" is missing the 'l' letter, on all three lines.

thanks, i'll check this.

Messiaen

Thanks.

...isn't it scrollable for you?
It is scrollable, it's just that in one of the more recent updates, the "Ok" button was contained within the scrolling area, and while a bit unorthodox, it worked.  With the last version however, the scrolling only shows up to the "Unit of Billions..." option - if there's supposed to be options/buttons below that one, they aren't displayed, that's why I asked if you removed it.

boroda

it's done: "use skin colors" is enabled by default, "use MB font" is disabled by default.

it's because i wasn't able to think of any good layout of settings window for 125%. but settings window must become vertically scrollable (entire window) if it doesn't fit vertical screen size. isn't it scrollable for you?

i've added tabs to the plugin settings window. now, this window must fit most screens.

i don't see this issue in the last uploaded plugin version. anyway settings layout has been changed, so could you check this for new version?

------------------

https://www.mediafire.com/file/h2t08o9562efboi/mb_TagTools_latest.zip/file

full plugin package:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/b6jrq6nlkkcrxbv/Additional-Tagging-Tools-Plugin.zip/file

Messiaen

i don't see this issue in the last uploaded plugin version...

You can't see "Incude" instead of "Include"?  It's there whether skinning is on or not...

The rest of the changes are all great at first glance.  Many thanks.

boroda

sebmuc

Can someone help me with the Library Report? I want to run the Library Report Export on every Start and it seems that something happens but i can't find the export file

pakk

Hi,
I need to manually update the "Last played" property for some files
According to this post, I should be able to do it with the ASR "Set tag" feature of this plugin.
Is this really possible ?

I've installed all presets, but when I click on "Set tag" checkbox, I have the following error:
Code
MusicBee v3.5.8150.17011D  (Win10.0), 5 janv. 2024 16:30:

System.NullReferenceException: La référence d'objet n'est pas définie à une instance d'un objet.
   à MusicBeePlugin.AdvancedSearchAndReplaceCommand.presetList_ItemCheck(Object sender, ItemCheckEventArgs e)
   à System.Windows.Forms.CheckedListBox.OnItemCheck(ItemCheckEventArgs ice)
   à System.Windows.Forms.CheckedListBox.SetItemCheckState(Int32 index, CheckState value)
   à System.Windows.Forms.CheckedListBox.SetItemChecked(Int32 index, Boolean value)
   à MusicBeePlugin.AdvancedSearchAndReplaceCommand.presetList_MouseClick(Object sender, MouseEventArgs e)
   à System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnMouseClick(MouseEventArgs e)
   à System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.WndProc(Message& m)
   à System.Windows.Forms.CheckedListBox.WndProc(Message& m)
   à System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   à System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   à System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/6r4tpz75njyxkgsi1xa88/musicbee_ATRT_ASR_error.jpg?rlkey=67rljlkff9wxchbxnbzte8gtl&dl=0
Version: 5.7.8442.39379

How can I fix this ?
Thanks in advance and have a nice day

Mafios

Hello. I'm having some trouble with certain keys (backspace, spacebar, arrows, maybe more) not working, while also triggering MB actions in the background.

Kur0

I seem to get this error for many things such as the "Copy Tags..."  button.
Using plugin version 8.0.8764.24665

Code
MusicBee v3.4.7805.33439P  (Win10.0), 16 Jan 2024 22:40:

System.ArgumentException: Value 'BackgroundColor' cannot be set to an empty value.
   at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.set_BackgroundColor(Color value)
   at MusicBeePlugin.PluginWindowTemplate.skinControl(Control control)
   at MusicBeePlugin.PluginWindowTemplate.skinMoveScaleAllControls()
   at MusicBeePlugin.PluginWindowTemplate.initAndShow()
   at MusicBeePlugin.PluginWindowTemplate.Show()
   at MusicBeePlugin.PluginWindowTemplate.Display(PluginWindowTemplate newForm, Boolean modalForm)
   at MusicBeePlugin.Plugin.copyTagEventHandler(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

phred

• Global Moderator
MusicBee v3.4.7805.33439P  (Win10.0), 16 Jan 2024 22:40:
The more recent versions of this plugin require MB version 3.5+. Update to the latest version by applying the patch in my signature below and try again. If you still are having issues, report it here.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Kur0

Yeah, that fixed it lol. I didn't think too much of the MusicBee version since the plugin page said to use at least v3. My bad.

Now that it's functional, I wanted to ask if it's possible to have a "Search and Replace" preset that takes the file path of a song and renames the file extension to something else? I converted a couple of songs from FLAC to MP3 outside of MusicBee and now it treats the converted files as new songs with a different "Date added" tag. "Locate Missing Files" doesn't work because the file extension is different. I can't just overwrite "Date added" with "Date modified" because it's not the same thing. Some songs have "Date modified" preserved and points to dates that take place before I even obtained the file.

phred

• Global Moderator
Yeah, that fixed it lol. I didn't think too much of the MusicBee version since the plugin page said to use at least v3. My bad.
@boroda... I haven't checked it myself, but perhaps the plugin page should be updated to indicate the minimum version of MB required.

EDIT: corrected a typo
Last Edit: January 18, 2024, 03:13:20 AM by phred
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

simpjkee

MusicBee v3.4.8033.18564D  (Win10.0), 17 Jan 2024 16:49:

System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at MusicBeePlugin.PluginWindowTemplate.Display(PluginWindowTemplate newForm, Boolean modalForm)
   at MusicBeePlugin.Plugin.Configure(IntPtr panelHandle)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
   at #=zMnhegC3cZoGqJc9MnQ==.#=zHNzzNWE=(IntPtr #=zznrCYSH69sZI)

I followed the steps in the Readme First document to install it. Then I went to Tools and additional tagging tools, but that is it. I click on it and nothing happens. Went back in to Edit Preferences and click "configure" and got the above error. It doesn't seem as though it installed anything really.