Author Topic: Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools  (Read 937972 times)

tdstr

Hi boroda,

Recently I just messed up a ton of track titles in my library. Long story short, I can fix them by restoring their ID3 tags via iTunes, but it's going to corrupt the genre field in the process. Unfortunately I didn't have any good MusicBee tag backups prior to this incident, but I backed up my library right after messing it up, so is it possible to restore *just* the genre field and nothing else? I've been able to do it on an individual track basis in the Tag History window, but I want to extrapolate this for the full library.

Here's what I'm looking for, as seen in the Tag History window:

It's possible to do it track-by-track but there's gotta be a way to do it in bulk. There are ways to import the full tags from the backup I have (I'm able to consistently switch between iTunes tags and MusicBee tags) but I just can't figure out how to only import the genre field.

Thanks for the help!

boroda

no, it's not currently possible, but maybe i'll implement this later (though I'm not sure when).

gaiastar

@boroda
Be careful to not ACCIDENTALLY tick some "Advanced Search & Replace" or "Library Reports" presets for AUTOMATIC EXECUTION!
Hi Boroda

do you think could add a feature (a sort of safety ) to disable automatic execution ?  :-[
to enable/disable automatic execution
beautiful plugin

MusicBee is the best audio player ever made, Love it ♫♫

boroda

do you think could add a feature (a sort of safety ) to disable automatic execution ?  :-[
to enable/disable automatic execution

i'll do this, but why a sad smile? have you suffered from this feature?

phred

• Global Moderator
I think most of us have "suffered" from the auto-apply feature at least once. Speaking only for myself, I learned from my mistake and when selecting a preset I always click in the middle or right side. Never on the left.

Perhaps a simple pop-up warning that the user has just enabled the auto-apply of a feature. Might be easier than a enable/disable routine which would then require an additional click or two.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

gaiastar

Hi Boroda
well I would like if you will add it "i'll do this" :)  :-*
about the sad face -> I did some disasters with  automatic execution

Quote from: phred
I think most of us have "suffered" from the auto-apply feature at least once. Speaking only for myself, I learned from my mistake and when selecting a preset I always click in the middle or right side. Never on the left.

thanks Boroda

boroda

@gaiastar, ASR/LR preset auto-execution is now disabled by default (you will see a warning message about this at the top of ASR/LR windows). you can enable auto-execution in plugin settings.

@phred, a warning message has been shown at the top of ASR/LR windows if any preset is ticked for auto-execution for a long time. also, a sound notification is played every time you tick preset for auto-execution.

It's possible to do it track-by-track but there's gotta be a way to do it in bulk. There are ways to import the full tags from the backup I have (I'm able to consistently switch between iTunes tags and MusicBee tags) but I just can't figure out how to only import the genre field.

now, the 1st item in the track list at the top of the tag history window is "selected tracks." it's the default item, but you can select just one track (or cycle through selected tracks to restore all or some of their tags track by track) from the list if you wish.

sometimes you'll see a tag value "(Mixed values)" if several tracks are selected; don't worry, the corresponding tag value will be restored for every track.

----------------

* improved support for skin colors (especially auto-generated), UI/UX improvements and fixes, source code refactoring, etc., etc., etc.

+ full support for high-DPI screens. actually tested using 100% and 125% only, but should work using any scale. would be great if somebody tested new version at 150% and higher scales because my monitor becomes almost unusable at so high scales.

+ support for MusicBee font (only when "use skin colors" option is enabled in plugin settings, otherwise "Segoe UI 9 pt" font is used).

https://www.mediafire.com/file/h2t08o9562efboi/mb_TagTools_latest.zip/file

full plugin package (use it if you are not familiar with plugin installation/update process or if you use pre-win 10 os; full package includes required fonts):

https://www.mediafire.com/file/b8spddpp2oymr3x/Additional-Tagging-Tools-Plugin.new.zip/file

---------------

NOTE: i will consider this version a beta for some time due to huge code refactoring

phred

• Global Moderator
@phred, a warning message has been shown at the top of ASR/LR windows if any preset is ticked for auto-execution for a long time. also, a sound notification is played every time you tick preset for auto-execution.
Thanks boroda. I guess I've been a good boy and haven't enabled any auto-apply presets in quite some time as I never noticed the warning. Which I did see just now when testing it. As for a sound notification, I only have headphones on this PC and I use them when listening/watching media.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

gaiastar

@gaiastar, ASR/LR preset auto-execution is now disabled by default (you will see a warning message about this at the top of ASR/LR windows). you can enable auto-execution in plugin settings.
Hi Boroda
+ support for MusicBee font (only when "use skin colors" option is enabled in plugin settings, otherwise "Segoe UI 9 pt" font is used).
can I ask you a question ?
if skin colors is enabled , the plugin does not need Segoe UI 9 pt ,doesn't it?
you can enable auto-execution in plugin settings.
great news , is  it easy to uninstall it ? I mean does it leave files (configs in musicbee configuration files) or registry?
just to perform a clean uninstall of the plugin and re-install it
thanks Boroda , I really appreciate a lot your effort

sveakul

can I ask you a question ?
if skin colors is enabled , the plugin does not need Segoe UI 9 pt ,doesn't it?

great news , is  it easy to uninstall it ? I mean does it leave files (configs in musicbee configuration files) or registry?

From the readme:

REMOVING THE PLUGIN

1 – Open MusicBee. From the menubar > Edit > Edit Preferences > Plugins > Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools > Uninstall.
2 – MusicBee will delete all automatically created files (e.g., settings). You will need to close MusicBee and manually delete file "mb_TagTools.dll" and the subfolders "ru" and "ASR Presets" from "Plugins" folder. The "Plugins" folder is located in MusicBee application folder if you are using the portable version of MusicBee. If using the installer version of MusicBee, it's in the folder "%AppData%\MusicBee".

gaiastar

From the readme:
REMOVING THE PLUGIN
1 – Open MusicBee. From the menubar > Edit > Edit Preferences > Plugins > Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools > Uninstall.
2 – MusicBee will delete all automatically created files (e.g., settings). You will need to close MusicBee and manually delete file "mb_TagTools.dll" and the subfolders "ru" and "ASR Presets" from "Plugins" folder. The "Plugins" folder is located in MusicBee application folder if you are using the portable version of MusicBee. If using the installer version of MusicBee, it's in the folder "%AppData%\MusicBee".
Hi
but does this procedure work with other plugins?
just because it could be very useful to perform it if a plugin could crash
I don't to be offtopic but I had some issues with LYRICSRELOADED (LATEST) plugins to uninstall it at 100% , it was used to  crash sometime musicbee
thanks

sveakul

The procedure I quoted is specfically from and for Boroda's plugin, which was the whole context originally.

I gave you the 100% uninstall procedure for the LyricsReloaded plugin in its own forum thread.  Problems with that one are almost ALWAYS associated with the person having multiple instances of the plugin dll installed from past or botched installs of MusicBee from "Installer" versions that were not properly removed before.  The best way to check for that is with a simple Windows File Explorer search (include "hidden files") for mb_LyricsReloaded.dll.

gaiastar

The procedure I quoted is specfically from and for Boroda's plugin, which was the whole context originally.

I gave you the 100% uninstall procedure for the LyricsReloaded plugin in its own forum thread.  Problems with that one are almost ALWAYS associated with the person having multiple instances of the plugin dll installed from past or botched installs of MusicBee from "Installer" versions that were not properly removed before.  The best way to check for that is with a simple Windows File Explorer search (include "hidden files") for mb_LyricsReloaded.dll.
Hi Sveakul
thank you , appreciate it

boroda

but does this procedure work with other plugins?
just because it could be very useful to perform it if a plugin could crash
I don't to be offtopic but I had some issues with LYRICSRELOADED (LATEST) plugins to uninstall it at 100% , it was used to  crash sometime musicbee
thanks

what happens when you click the "uninstall" button next to the plugin name in MB preferences depends absolutely on the plugin in question. i suggest that most plugins do nothing when calling their Uninstall() function. ALL MY plugins always delete all auto-created files.

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8878 P
NOTE: i will consider this version a beta for some time due to huge code refactoring
Just a few things I've found.
1/.
In Library reports, you need to add a second column definition to have the first one calculate correctly

This was also happening in the previous version but unfortunately I didn't get to report it before you posted the new beta version. Sorry.

2/.
Save button highlight area is larger than underlying Save button and covers Help button.

3/.
New 'use skin colouring' settings don't work as well as previous version on default, disabled and highlight buttons.
With some skins the only thing you can see is the warning symbol that shows for unsaved settings.
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together