Author Topic: Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools  (Read 938056 times)

boroda

Hi Baroda,
I seem to have something weird going on with the new LR screen.
When I run the 'Preview' on a preset it shows dates in the column:

but if I run the preset from ASR I get the correct results:

LR tries to guess custom tag type using all tag values LR deals because it was created before Steven introduced user-defined types for custom tags. obviously, this guessing is not ideal.

i'll better just use the MB API to get user-defined types of custom tags.

Eggaian

• You all know exactly who I am. Now, say my name.
Uh, I get error messages when I want to use this plugin. Such as:

Then I try to "modify tag names so that they all are unique". But It all gets even more broken.

These are the offender tags:

Code
Adding URL / Url
Adding Kind / Kind
Adding Format / Format
Adding Size / Size
Adding Channels / Channels
Adding Sample Rate / SampleRate
Adding Bitrate / Bitrate
Adding Date Modified / DateModified
Adding Date Added / DateAdded
Adding Time / Duration
Adding Track Gain / ReplayGainTrack
Adding Album Gain / ReplayGainAlbum

The result when trying to modify tags to get this plugin to initialise is this:

Code
Adding Url / Url
Adding  / Kind
Adding Format / Format
Adding  / Size
Cant add  / Size
Adding  / Channels
Cant add  / Channels
Adding  / SampleRate
Cant add  / SampleRate
Adding  / Bitrate
Cant add  / Bitrate
Adding  / DateModified
Cant add  / DateModified
Adding  / DateAdded
Cant add  / DateAdded
Adding Duration / Duration
Adding ReplayGainTrack / ReplayGainTrack
Adding ReplayGainAlbum / ReplayGainAlbum

The error tells me there are duplicate tags. Then I delete them on "tags (2) > configure fields". But I get this:

I tried to match the tags from your plugin with what musicbee says. Doesn't work either.

Code
Adding Kind / Kind
Adding Format / Format
Adding Size / Size
Adding Bitrate / Bitrate

Are all the same yea. However, I do not understand

Code
Adding Time / Duration

Code
Adding URL / Url
and this is simply an Upper case issue. Why is this so anal?

Even if I modify names to be "unique", I still get the same duplicate errors.

And I do not see any
Code
Adding Format / Format
tag present anywhere.

Would it not be much pertinent to match your plugin tags with whatever musicbee dictates? So many headaches. I found posts about this issue like from like 5 years ago or so. You suffer but why?

Just want to initialise the plugin and use it. Partially restore my sanity, please.

Eggaian

• You all know exactly who I am. Now, say my name.
Also, the settings window within the plugins section, where you can hit "configure", is too large. I find no way to shrink it, therefore, I am unable to see the end of it and save any settings.

If I open some quick settings from the "advanced search and replace section", I check "use musicbee skin colours", I get something that is barely readable

phred

• Global Moderator
Also, the settings window within the plugins section, where you can hit "configure", is too large. I find no way to shrink it, therefore, I am unable to see the end of it and save any settings.
What is your monitor's scaling percentage? If not 100% try it at 100%
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Dizza17

Hi @ Eggaian,
The error is due to you having duplicate tags writing to the same field. Check your custom tags in Tag 1 settings. Make sure none of them are writing to the same field as other fields be it another custom tag or one that’s native to Musicbee. Also best not to tick use musicbee skin colours, as you’ve discovered it makes it impossible to read any text.

boroda

These are the offender tags:

Code
Adding URL / Url
Adding Kind / Kind
Adding Format / Format
Adding Size / Size
Adding Sample Rate / SampleRate
Adding Bitrate / Bitrate
Adding Time / Duration

it's the tags which have been successfully registered. find lines which start with "Can't add..." somewhere in the log to see which tags (tag names will be repeated) are duplicated. plugin treats all tag names independently of case.

go to mb menu> edit> prefs> tags (2)> configure fields. check that all tag names are unique in the "override label" column.

don't use skin coloring. for now, this option works with light skins only. i'm working on better support of this option now.

Batmang

Hello
I'm having 3 problems with the plugin, both with the Library Reports tool. 2 & 3 may well be user error!

Firstly, with the "Save [field] to [tag]" settings. When I set a tag to save to, it is not saved as part of the auto report, returning to <NULL>. This applies even if I just close the Library Report tool, and if I restart MusicBee.

Secondly, I used to use several <Grouping> fields to calculate an average value, and write that to a tag for every track in that group.
Sadly, with the current system, that no longer works - a specific tag has to be chosen to calculate an average, rather than using the groupings.

Finally, even when using groupings, when writing tags, it appears to calculate using the individual tag rather than the results from the grouping - which are displayed properly on the preview settings.

Any help would be appreciated.
Windows 11
MusicBee Ver: 3.5.8698
AddTagTools: 2023-11-04 16:24:07

boroda

foremost, i apologize for my recent mistake: i've uploaded a new plugin version some days ago (and deleted the previous version both from the server and from my PC), which i thought was stable, but it turned out to be very buggy. so, i've had to re-upload the most recent version i could find, which was more or less stable. excuse me. all i can do now is advise you to try one of the very old, stable versions.

for example, you can try this version from 06/26/2023:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/cwwtzg1bmy532j6/mb_TagTools_2023-06-26.zip/file

it's stable, but very old.

also, you can try this recent version from 11/04/2023 (but only if you use win 10/11 (edited: i saw that you are on win 11) and screen dpi at 100%):

https://www.mediafire.com/file/h2t08o9562efboi/mb_TagTools_latest.zip/file

i'll upload a new, fixed, stable, and greatly improved version in a few days. maybe in a couple of weeks.

but maybe you are using the stable version (it depends on when you downloaded it).

-------------

about your issues:

1. seems to be a bug. i'll check this out. also, maybe it's a bug, which has been fixed already.

2. saving grouping fields to tags is disabled intentionally, just because all grouping fields are already some MB tags. why do you want to save grouping fields as tags?

3. there have been many plugin versions that exposed different LR behaviors (btw, no ALR has been available for a long time; it's been merged with LR. which plugin version are you using?). but i'm doubtful that the version you are using saves some "individual calculated tags." all i can suggest is that recent plugin versions take into account the tags of displayed tracks only (they may be filtered somehow, and you may see not all tracks of your library in the current view) for displaying/exporting LR reports, but all tracks, which have the same grouping tags as the currently displayed tracks for saving functions. this is quite different (and reasonable) behavior.

if you want to experience the same LR behavior for displayed reports and saved functions, don't filter displayed track list (e.g. don't generate reports for playlists, only for entire library).

---------------------

EDIT:

you might want to try the following latest version if you are mostly interested in LR. this version must be stable, but it's incomplete.
don't use the following commands with this version: MSR, both re-encode tag commands and tag history.
swap tags, save last skipped date dialog, and both settings windows may look ugly, but they must work.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/2tn27f7xxzf1sv4/mb_TagTools.dll/file
Last Edit: December 04, 2023, 02:57:41 AM by boroda

boroda

new version (i will consider it a beta for a while):

* code refactoring and some UX bug fixes.

* logarithm function is renamed to $Log()

* improved support for skin coloring. some colors are not provided by the MB API; they are auto-generated from the provided colors. skin accent (highlight) color can't be correctly generated, even approximately, but Steven will add support for it to future MB 3.6 versions. the current plugin version will be able to use the enhanced MB API when it is available.

+ now, most commands can't be executed without generating a preview by default. this behavior can be turned off in plugin prefs.

+ added support for 125% dpi screens (using Segoe UI 9pt font instead of .NET default font; this was not trivial), but mostly probably plugin windows will look ugly at 150% and higher scaling.

! still to do: make full support for hi-dpi screens and any font set as the default MB font (not only Segoe UI, not only 9pt). I am not sure when this will be ready. maybe add support for more native (not auto-generated by plugin) skin colors if Steven adds support for them.

! i forgot to make LR use user-defined (custom and virtual) tag types. now, LR is still guessing tag types from the tag values it deals with. but i'll fix this in the near future.

NOTE: if you are using win 8 or earlier versions, download the full plugin package and follow the included instructions on installing the Segoe UI font family (free for all windows users).

https://www.mediafire.com/file/b8spddpp2oymr3x/Additional-Tagging-Tools-Plugin.new.zip/file
Last Edit: December 05, 2023, 05:52:31 PM by boroda

Dizza17

Great job Boroda, your efforts and dedication to consistently improving this plugin is to be commended. Thanks again for a wonderful plugin.
Cheers Dizza

JMuller

I've ran into a crash, reproducible both with the 05.12.2023 version and the one from the 11.04.2023. It happens why I try to create a Library Report for my entire library (59k tracks, 4k albums).

Full log is as follows:

Code
MusicBee v3.5.8698.34385D  (Win10.0), 6 Dec 2023 13:39:

System.InvalidOperationException: Sum of the columns' FillWeight values cannot exceed 65535.
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.MarshaledInvoke(Control caller, Delegate method, Object[] args, Boolean synchronous)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.Invoke(Delegate method, Object[] args)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.Invoke(Delegate method)
   at MusicBeePlugin.LibraryReportsCommand.applyOnlyGroupingsPresetResults(String[] queriedFiles, Boolean interactive, Int32 sequenceNumberGrouping, Nullable`1 filterResults)
   at MusicBeePlugin.LibraryReportsCommand.executePreset(String[] queriedFiles, Boolean interactive, Boolean saveResultsToTags, String functionId, Nullable`1 filterResults)
   at MusicBeePlugin.LibraryReportsCommand.previewTrackList()
   at MusicBeePlugin.PluginWindowTemplate.serializedOperation()
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

boroda

Code refactoring, bug fixes, UI/UX improvements:

full plugin package:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/b8spddpp2oymr3x/Additional-Tagging-Tools-Plugin.new.zip/file

-----------------------------

I've ran into a crash, reproducible both with the 05.12.2023 version and the one from the 11.04.2023. It happens why I try to create a Library Report for my entire library (59k tracks, 4k albums).

i'm not able to reproduce this, but i think i've fixed this issue.
Last Edit: December 06, 2023, 08:09:33 PM by boroda

boroda

Hi Baroda,
I seem to have something weird going on with the new LR screen.
When I run the 'Preview' on a preset it shows dates in the column:

Bee-liever, could you check this issue using the latest plugin version (see the links in my post above)? The new plugin version first tries to get tag types via the MB API. If the API returns a "string" type, then the plugin will still guess the tag type by itself (or leave it as "string" if any conversion to other types fails).

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8878 P
Bee-liever, could you check this issue using the latest plugin version (see the links in my post above)? The new plugin version first tries to get tag types via the MB API. If the API returns a "string" type, then the plugin will still guess the tag type by itself (or leave it as "string" if any conversion to other types fails).

With tag type set to number I'm not getting date values anymore  :)
But I did have to rebuild LR presets.

New skin colour UI looks good.

Thanks for your work on this boroda.
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

JMuller

Code refactoring, bug fixes, UI/UX improvements:

full plugin package:

-----------------------------

i'm not able to reproduce this, but i think i've fixed this issue.

Can confirm the update fixed the issue. Thanks!