Author Topic: Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools  (Read 938159 times)

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8878 P
Used a couple of old mb_TagTools.dll's that I had.
5.5.8403 is the last one I have that 'Copy Tags to Clipboard' doesn't throw an error.
5.8.8577 and newer all throw an error.
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

The Incredible Boom Boom

@boroda, do you happen to keep a changelog from each version of AT&T?
I am going to be jumping from v5.7.8442.39379 to the latest (once the Copy Tags to Clipboard issue is sorted out) and I'm a bit overwhelmed by the number of additions that have been made since then.
Even if it's in Russian, I'll use Google Translate to interpret it and reference any questions I have here.

Buchas

Hey,
I have just downloaded mb_TagTools_latest.zip from https://www.mediafire.com/file/h2t08o9562efboi/mb_TagTools_latest.zip/file
and I have read the description that "See the "README FIRST!" file inside this folder for instructions on adding/updating/removing the plugin."
However I do not see such a file in an archive. :(
How do I install the plugin?

I have tried to add it using MusicBee's "Add plugin" button in preferences, now I see a new configuration window. However menu entry "Tools -> Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools" does not work - nothing happens when I click it.
What am I missing?

hiccup

@Boroda

It seems like some arithmetic functions that previously were only available when using your plugin are now by default available in MusicBee.
(if there have been announcements about that I must have missed them)

E.g. $gt now works out-of-the-box.
Could you perhaps take a look at the functions overview here:
https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=35868.msg196257#msg196257
and let me know for which functions I can remove the blue asterisk?

Never mind, I now see that while $gt is producing output without AT&RT installed (output that happened to be correct when I was testing this), it is not actually functioning.
Last Edit: October 28, 2023, 10:15:16 AM by hiccup

Buchas

It appears I had to upgrade MusicBee to the last version (3.5) (I had 3.4) to get menu "Tools -> Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools" working.
Now however I cannot figure out how to use the "Library Reports". I open it, select "LIBRARY TOTALS", click "Preview" and nothing happens.
A progress bar would be nice if the tool is doing something.

rak

In "Additional Reporting and Tagging Tools / Library Reports," no matter which HTML "Format" I choose for export, it always exports to csv.  What might I be doing wrong, or is this an issue others have experienced?  Thanks.

2023-12-17 update:  No responses here.  This problem still exists.  Anyone else have this problem?  Solution?  Many thanks.
Last Edit: December 17, 2023, 10:12:32 PM by rak

Dizza17

Hi Boroda,

I was wondering if The ASR preset “sort performers by their roles”, could be used for sorting the involved people list tag? So the people can be sorted by their respective roles. Unless it’s a fairly simple alteration to the existing preset that I’m not seeing?

Regards
Dizza

boroda

I’m certain I recall a ASR preset that only copied tags from <Tag 1> to <Tag 2> if <Tag 1> wasn’t empty. Is there any possibility of this being added to the preset bundle?
i don't recall such preset and can't imagine how it could be implemented.

boroda

Would it be possible to amend one or both existing $TagContains functions to accept a partial/exact parameter? This would allow users to find exact-string matches instead of only partial-string matches.

As a simplified example of what I mean, the current behavior is for $TagContainsAnyString(<URL>,Genre,Pop|Rock) to return T for the exact matches of Pop and Rock in the Genre tag. It also returns T for partial matches like Synthpop, Hard Rock, etc.

but how "exact strings" must be separated? what can be delimiter? only spaces? semicolons? Something else?

boroda

As per post here:
Steven or  boroda,
Code
MusicBee v3.5.8669.34304P  (Win10.0), 6 Oct 2023 18:06:

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x800401D0): OpenClipboard Failed (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800401D0 (CLIPBRD_E_CANT_OPEN))
   at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHRInternal(Int32 errorCode, IntPtr errorInfo)
   at System.Windows.Clipboard.Flush()
   at System.Windows.Clipboard.CriticalSetDataObject(Object data, Boolean copy)
   at System.Windows.Clipboard.SetDataInternal(String format, Object data)
   at System.Windows.Clipboard.SetText(String text, TextDataFormat format)
   at System.Windows.Clipboard.SetText(String text)
   at MusicBeePlugin.CopyTagsToClipboardCommand.CopyTagsToClipboard(Int32 tagSet)
   at MusicBeePlugin.CopyTagsToClipboardCommand.buttonOK_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Not sure if this exception is from MusicBee api or from ATRT plugin.

My understanding is that
Code
Clipboard.SetText(data);
should be replaced by
Code
Clipboard.SetDataObject(data);
to stop this issue.

Hope I'm correct and  that helps.

This occurs when using 'Copy Tags to Clipboard'

5.5.8403 is the last one I have that 'Copy Tags to Clipboard' doesn't throw an error.

earlier plugin versions used win32 ClipboardSetText() function, but this led to tiny memory leaks. Later, i've changed it to .net function, which is working fine on my pc. but if this causes problems, I could revert to old implementation.
Last Edit: October 29, 2023, 03:26:40 AM by boroda

boroda

@boroda, do you happen to keep a changelog from each version of AT&T?
I am going to be jumping from v5.7.8442.39379 to the latest (once the Copy Tags to Clipboard issue is sorted out) and I'm a bit overwhelmed by the number of additions that have been made since then.
Even if it's in Russian, I'll use Google Translate to interpret it and reference any questions I have here.

no, only remarks about every release on this topic, but it's not so easy to track them here.

boroda

Hey,
I have just downloaded mb_TagTools_latest.zip from https://www.mediafire.com/file/h2t08o9562efboi/mb_TagTools_latest.zip/file
and I have read the description that "See the "README FIRST!" file inside this folder for instructions on adding/updating/removing the plugin."
However I do not see such a file in an archive. :(
How do I install the plugin?

I have tried to add it using MusicBee's "Add plugin" button in preferences, now I see a new configuration window. However menu entry "Tools -> Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools" does not work - nothing happens when I click it.
What am I missing?

download full plugin archive from add-ons section of main site: Additional-Tagging-Tools-Plugin.zip.

simplified mb_TagTools_latest.zip is for experienced users.

boroda

It appears I had to upgrade MusicBee to the last version (3.5) (I had 3.4) to get menu "Tools -> Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools" working.
Now however I cannot figure out how to use the "Library Reports". I open it, select "LIBRARY TOTALS", click "Preview" and nothing happens.
A progress bar would be nice if the tool is doing something.

most likely you need mb latest patch from here: https://getmusicbee.com/patches/

boroda

In "Additional Reporting and Tagging Tools / Library Reports," no matter which HTML "Format" I choose for export, it always exports to csv.  What might I be doing wrong, or is this an issue others have experienced?  Thanks.

in the last plugin versions, you must choose the exported format before clicking the 'export' button (above this button).

boroda

As per post here:
Steven or  boroda,
Code
MusicBee v3.5.8669.34304P  (Win10.0), 6 Oct 2023 18:06:

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x800401D0): OpenClipboard Failed (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800401D0 (CLIPBRD_E_CANT_OPEN))
   at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHRInternal(Int32 errorCode, IntPtr errorInfo)
   at System.Windows.Clipboard.Flush()
   at System.Windows.Clipboard.CriticalSetDataObject(Object data, Boolean copy)
   at System.Windows.Clipboard.SetDataInternal(String format, Object data)
   at System.Windows.Clipboard.SetText(String text, TextDataFormat format)
   at System.Windows.Clipboard.SetText(String text)
   at MusicBeePlugin.CopyTagsToClipboardCommand.CopyTagsToClipboard(Int32 tagSet)
   at MusicBeePlugin.CopyTagsToClipboardCommand.buttonOK_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Not sure if this exception is from MusicBee api or from ATRT plugin.

My understanding is that
Code
Clipboard.SetText(data);
should be replaced by
Code
Clipboard.SetDataObject(data);
to stop this issue.

Hope I'm correct and  that helps.

This occurs when using 'Copy Tags to Clipboard'

earlier plugin versions used win32 ClipboardSetText() function, but this led to tiny memory leaks. Later, i've changed it to .net function, which is working fine on my pc. but if this causes problems, I could revert to old implementation.

try this version:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/h2t08o9562efboi/mb_TagTools_latest.zip/file