Author Topic: Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools  (Read 937892 times)

endelos

Hello, the new version seems really nice, but I couldn't use it with my old ASR presets.

They are xml files (exported with version 5.2.7391). When I try to import them in the very last version, a message prompts that the format is not correct. Do you know why ? Maybe I can edit the xml files and change a few things so it recognizes them ?

boroda

it happens because asr preset format was changed some time ago. ASR had been converting the old format to the new one since then, but i've completely removed the conversion code a month ago.

all you can do now is manually recreate your ASR presets (actually, you can see all important information from old presets if you open them in any text editor, as they are xml files, i.e., text files).

------------

P.S. LR is now using a new preset format as well. it's converting old presets to new format at the moment, but i'll remove the conversion code too in a few months.
Last Edit: August 12, 2023, 04:41:46 PM by boroda

endelos

I see ! I've got something like 15 presets... well, you would not happen to have a version of the tool with this conversion code in your archives ? That would save me time ! Otherwise, I'm good to manually recreate them.

boroda

i'm not sure which version i've kept supports both old and new asr preset formats, but you could try these versions:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/jv6zni7mceena0a/mb_TagTools_2022-06-08.zip/file

https://www.mediafire.com/file/2zcdwmoaphffbtc/mb_TagTools_2023-01-06.zip/file

------------------

check if presets are converted to a new format by exporting one of them. The exported new format preset must have the file extension ".asr-preset.xml", not ".ASR Preset.xml".
Last Edit: August 12, 2023, 08:41:26 PM by boroda

boroda

updated beta version. now LR preview table text is left- or right-aligned according to column data type (date/time/numbers are right-aligned; other data types, which are all considered by LR as strings, are left-aligned). alignment is not applicable to artworks, they always occupy entire cells.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/ycdl10fo8cgfwns/mb_TagTools_beta.zip/file

endelos

i'm not sure which version i've kept supports both old and new asr preset formats, but you could try these versions:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/jv6zni7mceena0a/mb_TagTools_2022-06-08.zip/file

https://www.mediafire.com/file/2zcdwmoaphffbtc/mb_TagTools_2023-01-06.zip/file

------------------

check if presets are converted to a new format by exporting one of them. The exported new format preset must have the file extension ".asr-preset.xml", not ".ASR Preset.xml".

Oh thanks !
The first one is still generating the old  ".ASR Preset.xml", but I can't manage to make the second one work. It appears in the plugins window, but I can't access to any of the tools...

boroda

forgot to warn you: don't install several versions of the plugin simultaneously. but if the first version (2022-06-08?) is still generating the old format, then it doesn't matter.

i'll try to find some old source code, but i'm not sure if i have the one that supports both old and new formats.

boroda

this version should auto-convert old ASR presets to new ones:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/cwwtzg1bmy532j6/mb_TagTools_2023-06-26.zip/file

no need to export converted presets. if only to check that they are converted to a new format or for backup purposes.

boroda

new beta, i hope this is the last beta for the 7.0 version:

1. various bug fixes
2. new option in settings window which allows choosing to either minimize or hide plugin windows on clicking "minimize" title bar button

https://www.mediafire.com/file/ycdl10fo8cgfwns/mb_TagTools_beta.zip/file

sn0nam3

I am having issues with crashing when trying to do a Multiple Search & Replace. No matter if I pick all or a few files it crashes MusicBee doing a Preview.
So I have to Configure the plugin each time I launch MusicBee and some of the files appear to be duplicated in AppData but I have installed to Program files and gave modify permissions to all users but the issue has persisted. I have just installed the latest version to try that as well. Any help would be appreciated.
Also I have to hit Configure and OK on the plugin each time I launch MusicBee. It does not have any menu options until I do that if that might be related.

MusicBee v3.4.8033.18564D  (Win10.0), 10 Sep 2023 17:29:

System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: TimerCallback
   at System.Threading.Timer.TimerSetup(TimerCallback callback, Object state, UInt32 dueTime, UInt32 period, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
   at System.Threading.Timer..ctor(TimerCallback callback, Object state, Int32 dueTime, Int32 period)
   at MusicBeePlugin.Plugin.SetStatusbarText(String newMessage, Boolean autoClear)
   at MusicBeePlugin.Plugin.SetResultingSbText(String finalStatus, Boolean autoClear, Boolean sbSetFilesAsItems)
   at MusicBeePlugin.MultipleSearchAndReplaceCommand.previewChanges()
   at MusicBeePlugin.PluginWindowTemplate.serializedOperation()
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

phred

• Global Moderator
The latest versions of this plugin require MB v3.5+. The error log shows that you're using v3.4.

Update to the latest 3.5 from the link in my signature below and report back.
Last Edit: September 10, 2023, 11:10:16 PM by phred
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

sn0nam3

Thank you. I didn't even realize I wasn't updating MB with Chocolatey so I haven't even checked or tried to update it. doh. Everything is working fine now. I gave you a heart in the add-on store. I use several features regularly. Thanks for all the hard work.

alec.tron

this version should auto-convert old ASR presets to new ones:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/cwwtzg1bmy532j6/mb_TagTools_2023-06-26.zip/file

no need to export converted presets. if only to check that they are converted to a new format or for backup purposes.
Hi.
The ASR format switch caught me off guard as well when updating just now. Thanks a lot for the version that also converts!

But - How do you check for converted presets ? I see 
\Plugins\ASR Presets
which holds 221 xmls (with alphanumerical cryptic names). But, there's nothing I can identify as converted presets as such...?

And, when updatign to the new v7 - I can then delete the olden xmls (when it has been sucesfully converted to elsewhere ? and then v7 should just need those new ones...)

Cheers.
c.

alec.tron

Oh, another gotcha I encountered as an FYI - I had all 10 available hotkey slots filled with ASR user presets to fire off via hotkey. After the update (first to v7, then to the conversion-capable last version Boroda posted) these were gone from the hotkey editor.
But, looks like there's functional changes to hotkey assignment in ADDITIONAL TAGGING & REPORTING TOOLS anbd we have 20 ASR hotkey slots to fill now, which is great as I used all 10 before. Just a heads up that if you update, you will need to re-assign your ASR hotkeys most likely as well.
Churs.
c.