Author Topic: Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools  (Read 937870 times)

boroda

I don't know if boroda is willing to add another filter option and icon, but adding an option to save "favorites" might be a nice addition. This would make it easier to find often used presets. Yes, the search field helps, but bookmarking a favorite would be really nice.

not exactly what has been requested, but i've added the concept of "favorite presets". they can't be filtered, but they be always sorted 1st in preset list:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/h2t08o9562efboi/mb_TagTools_latest.zip/file

phred

• Global Moderator
i've added the concept of "favorite presets". they can't be filtered, but they be always sorted 1st in preset list:
Thanks boroda. About to test it in a few minutes.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

phred

• Global Moderator
Looking good, boroda. Your implementation to my request works just as nicely as my original request. Very much appreciated.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

Messiaen

I, too, appreciate and thank you for this new pseudo-filter.

Curiously, when trying to make more room in the bottom preview-panel (now that things at the top are easier to find), I've noticed that when I adjust the "invisible" splitter (just above the "preset management" panel), the custom size is not saved properly.

If you repeatedly close the ASR window, then open it again, the preview panel gets progressively smaller by a few lines (and the top preset-panel gets correspondingly larger by a few lines each time) until eventually the original size of the panels is restored.  A strange bug.

boroda

Curiously, when trying to make more room in the bottom preview-panel (now that things at the top are easier to find), I've noticed that when I adjust the "invisible" splitter (just above the "preset management" panel), the custom size is not saved properly.

If you repeatedly close the ASR window, then open it again, the preview panel gets progressively smaller by a few lines (and the top preset-panel gets correspondingly larger by a few lines each time) until eventually the original size of the panels is restored.  A strange bug.

yes, i've noticed this too (on win10 @ 125%). i think it somehow relates to dpi scaling, and i haven't found a solution: simply setting splitter distance and immediately followed reading it gives different values.

all i can imagine in this case is to save splitter distance on manual splitter resizing rather than on window closing. saved splitter distance anyway will be slightly changed after resizing, but only once. it shouldn't be moved on every ASR window opening/closing.

i'll try to make this today. not sure if i succeed.

Messiaen

Well, it's much improved, but now (and this is insignificant in the scheme of things), the splitter actually migrates very slowly up instead of down, probably 1 pixel for every 2/3 ASR open/close iterations.  In other words, you really have to look for the difference, and maybe within six months a pedestrian user might lose the height of half a line.

I only notice it because I prefix my custom presets with "_" underscores to raise them to the top, and that character acts as a horizontal line marker in this case.

I doubt too many users would ever even notice it - in fact, it only seems to happen if you adjust the splitter at all initially (at its lowest placement it appears static), and considering it's invisible in the first place, how many people really do that?

Thanks.
Last Edit: June 16, 2023, 08:02:42 AM by Messiaen

boroda

anyway, i've tried to improve splitter behavior.  but i'll stop on this version if it's working acceptably:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/h2t08o9562efboi/mb_TagTools_latest.zip/file

Messiaen

i'll stop on this version if it's working acceptably
Appears to be completely fixed.  Thank you.

Heathen Hammer

Hi everyone, I skimmed through this thread to see if anyone is having the same problem that I am. As this thread is very long, it is possible that I may have missed something. Pardon me if I'm repeating a previous problem.

I installed the plugin as per the instructions in the accompanying .txt file. I copied the folder AR Presets and the file mb_TagTools.dll to the Plugins folder under MusicBee.

However, whenever I click on Tools > Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools, nothing happens. The menu simply closes.

I am using MusicBee version 3.3.7261.

Any help is appreciated. I'm not computer savvy at all!  :(

phred

• Global Moderator
I am using MusicBee version 3.3.7261.
The version of MB that you're using is three years old. Update to the latest 3.5 version from the first forum topic and then try using the plugin again.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

boroda

i can upload an old plugin version, which probably would work on mb 3.3, but i suspect that it anyway requires at least 3.4, and it's better to update mb to the latest version.

Heathen Hammer

hiccup

Something not-so-important that has been triggering some of my overly sensitive brain cells for a while:

In MusicBee's confirmation panels, 'Yes' usually means 'save', 'No' usually means 'don't save':

But AT&RT has confirmation panels that behave differently. (opposite)
E.g. here, contrary to MusicBee's behaviour, 'Yes' means 'don't save'

And 'No' would probably better be labeled as 'cancel'?

I think it would be good if this was aligned with MusicBee's behaviour?