Author Topic: Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools  (Read 937534 times)

boroda

my corrections (mostly related to latest changes of asr handling and downloaded plugin zip structure. italic text as added by me, strike-through text is removed by me):

ADDING THE PLUGIN
1- Download the appropriate ZIP file, unpack it to some temporary folder, and remember where you saved it where this folder is located.
2- Open MusicBee. From the menubar > Edit > Edit Preferences > Plugins > Add Plugin...
3- Browse to the folder where you have unpacked downloaded zip, file "Additional-Tagging-Tools-Plugin.zip" is located and open this file "mb_TagTools.zip". Close the Preferences window.

Installing Advanced Search & Replace Presets
4- Open MusicBee. From the menubar > Tools> Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools> Advanced Search & Replace > Click Update Install All > browse to the folder where file "Additional-Tagging-Tools-Plugin.zip" is located and open subfolder "ASR Presets" to load all predefined presets.
5- To configure plugin, open MusicBee. From the menubar > Edit > Edit Preferences> Plugins > Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools" > Configure.

UPDATING THE PLUGIN
0 - Download the appropriate ZIP file, unpack it to some temporary folder
1- Open MusicBee. From the menubar > Edit > Edit Preferences > Plugins > Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools > Disable > Close and restart MusicBee.
2- Open MusicBee. From the menubar > Edit > Edit Preferences > Plugins > Add Plugin... > browse to the folder where updated file "Additional-Tagging-Tools-Plugin.zip" "mb_TagTools.zip" is located and open this file. Close preferences.

UPDATING THE ASR PRESETS
1- Open MusicBee. From the menubar > Tools > Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools > Advanced Search & Replace.
2a- Click the "Install All" button to install all predefined ASR presets. This installs all predefined presets and will update to the latest version any preset(s) that have already been installed.
OR
2b- Click the "Install New" button to (re)install predefined presets which were created or updated by developer since last time you installed or updated them by either of two methods.

IMPORTANT NOTE: "Install New" will not reinstall any predefined presets deleted by you. Predefined presets can't be edited, but can be "customized" (most predefined presets allows changing some options). For example, Adjusting some criteria of a predefined preset will result in a "customized" preset. Both installation commands will ask you if you want to update the customized preset(s) (if any) and lose your adjustments, or to skip those updated by developer, but and update only those not customized by you. (The following sentence by pred doesn't relate to installing new or all predefined presets, it's about exporting/importing presets. for now all presets are always exported as new user presets. i'll try to improve preset exporting/importing and come back later with new implementation) For example, User A customizes a predefined preset and shares it with User B. User B makes a change to it and shares it back to User A. User A selects "Install New" and User B's changes will replace User A's customized preset. Thereby discarding (or removing) User A's original changes.

REMOVING THE PLUGIN
1- Open MusicBee. From the menubar > Edit > Edit Preferences > Plugins.
2- Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools > Uninstall. MusicBee will delete all automatically created files (e.g. settings). You will need to close MusicBee and manually delete file "mb_TagTools.dll" and the subfolders "ASR Presets" and "ru" from "Plugins" folder. The "Plugins" folder is located in MusicBee application folder if you are using the portable version of MusicBee. If using the installer version of MusicBee, it's in the folder "%AppData%\MusicBee".

Unfortunately, no plugin can be uninstalled from Store version of MusicBee at the moment.

boroda

UPDATING THE PLUGIN
1- Open MusicBee. From the menubar > Edit > Edit Preferences > Plugins > Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools > Disable > Close and restart MusicBee.
2- Open MusicBee. From the menubar > Edit > Edit Preferences > Plugins > Add Plugin... > browse to the folder where updated file "Additional-Tagging-Tools-Plugin.zip" is located and open this file. Close preferences.
Is this indeed the necessary procedure?
So you can't just overwrite the mb_TagTools.dll with a newer version? (with MB closed of course)
did you want to say "overwrite the mb_TagTools.dll and ASR Presets folder with a newer version"? it's possible, but won't give you any automatization of installing/updating predefined presets.

maybe direct copying of files is not very difficult even for dummies in case of portable mb, but not in case of installer mb.

readme is intended mostly for not very experienced users. removing plugin can't be simplified at the moment, but at least adding/updating can.
Last Edit: January 11, 2023, 11:32:51 AM by boroda

boroda

@phred, could you check (and correct if needed) the following warning massages? i mostly care about acceptable usage of tense, articles and punctuation, but not only:

Some predefined presets customized by you are changed by developer.
Do you want to update your customized predefined presets by new versions from developer?
All your customizations will be lost!
-
One or several imported presets already exist.
Do you want to import them as new presets, and keep your current presets?
Otherwise, existing presets will be overwritten!
-
# presets were successfully imported as new presets.
-
#  presets were successfully imported.
-
# presets failed to import due to file read errors or wrong format.
-            
# presets were successfully installed.
-
# presets were successfully updated.
-
# presets customized by you were updated.
-
# presets were not changed since last update, and skipped.
-
# presets were customized by you, and skipped.
-
# presets failed to install due to file read errors or wrong format.
-
No presets for installing found in expected directory!
-
Do you want to delete all predefined presets?
 -
No presets were deleted.
-
# presets were successfully deleted.
-
# presets failed to delete.
Last Edit: January 11, 2023, 02:09:47 PM by boroda

hiccup

did you want to say "overwrite the mb_TagTools.dll and ASR Presets folder with a newer version"? it's possible, but won't give you any automatization of installing/updating predefined presets.
I was thinking of when a user just wants to update the plugin itself, leaving all user- and predefined presets as they are.
I'm not sure I understand all workings and explanations at this moment, but I'll leave you and phred to work things out further without me interrupting ;-)
I'll make sure to test things out when the next version and explanations are published, and perhaps give some comments or suggestions then.

phred

• Global Moderator
...but I'll leave you and phred to work things out further without me interrupting ;-)
Please interrupt. Having another set of "experienced user" eyes on the project is helpful. And your testing is even more so as you use more presets than I do. At this point I'm focusing on helping write the readme.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

FCerral

Hi

After installing the plugin for the first time (5.5 versión) the item "Additional Taggin & Reporting Tools" appears in the Tools Menu but doesn't include any commands.

Apologies if this issue has been addressed already, I can't seem to find it

phred

• Global Moderator
Updated readme with boroda's latest changes:

ADDING THE PLUGIN
1- Download the appropriate ZIP file and remember where you saved it.
2- Open MusicBee. From the menubar > Edit > Edit Preferences > Plugins > Add Plugin...
3- Browse to the folder where you have unpacked the downloaded zip and open it and then open mb_TagTools.zip. Close the Preferences window.

INSTALLING ADVANCED SEARCH & REPLACE PRESETS
1- Open MusicBee. From the menubar > Tools> Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools> Advanced Search & Replace > Click Install All to load all predefined presets.
2- To configure plugin, open MusicBee. From the menubar > Edit > Edit Preferences> Plugins > Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools" > Configure.

UPDATING THE PLUGIN
1- Download the appropriate ZIP file and unpack it to a temporary folder of your choice.
2- Open MusicBee. From the menubar > Edit > Edit Preferences > Plugins > Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools > Disable > Close and restart MusicBee.
3- Open MusicBee. From the menubar > Edit > Edit Preferences > Plugins > Add Plugin... > browse to the folder where the updated file mb_TagTools.zip is located and open this file. Close preferences.

UPDATING THE ASR PRESETS
1- Open MusicBee. From the menubar > Tools > Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools > Advanced Search & Replace.
2a- Click the "Install All" button to install all predefined ASR presets. This installs all predefined presets and will update to the latest version any preset(s) that have already been installed.
OR
2b- Click the "Install New" button to (re)install predefined presets which were created or updated by developer since last time you installed or updated them by either of two methods.

IMPORTANT NOTE: "Install New" will not reinstall any predefined presets deleted by you. Predefined presets can't be edited but can be "customized." Most predefined presets allow changing some options. Adjusting some criteria of a predefined preset will result in a "customized" preset. Both installation commands will ask you if you want to update the customized preset(s) (if any) and lose your adjustments, or to skip those updated by developer amd update only those not customized by you.

REMOVING THE PLUGIN
2- Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools > Uninstall. MusicBee will delete all automatically created files (e.g. settings). You will need to close MusicBee and manually delete file "mb_TagTools.dll" and the subfolder "ru" from "Plugins" folder. The "Plugins" folder is located in MusicBee application folder if you are using the portable version of MusicBee. If using the installer version of MusicBee, it's in the folder folder "%AppData%\MusicBee".

Unfortunately no plugin can be uninstalled from Store version of MusicBee at the moment.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

boroda

Hi

After installing the plugin for the first time (5.5 versión) the item "Additional Taggin & Reporting Tools" appears in the Tools Menu but doesn't include any commands.

Apologies if this issue has been addressed already, I can't seem to find it

it's known issue. it's not very important, but difficult to fix, so i'm leaving it unresolved for ages. you simply have clicked mb menu too quickly, before full plugin initialization. i'm always waiting a couple of seconds before trying to use plugin menu.

boroda

phred, i've updated that my post. below is the quote of changed post:

@phred, could you check (and correct if needed) the following warning massages? i mostly care about acceptable usage of tense, articles and punctuation, but not only:

Some predefined presets customized by you are changed by developer.
Do you want to update your customized predefined presets by new versions from developer?
All your customizations will be lost!
-
One or several imported presets already exist.
Otherwise, existing presets will be overwritten!
-
-
#  presets were successfully imported.
-
-           
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
 -
No presets were deleted.
-
-

phred

• Global Moderator
From your most recent version. Strike-through means remove; italics means add.

Some predefined presets customized by you are have been changed by developer.
All your customizations will be lost! ALL YOUR CUSTOMIZATIONS WILL BE LOST
-
One or several more imported presets already exist.
Otherwise, existing presets will be overwritten! OTHERWISE, EXISTING PRESETS WILL BE OVERWRITTEN!
-
-
#  presets were successfully imported.
-
-          
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
 -
No presets were deleted.
-
-

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

boroda

phred, thank you. some minor corrections from my side:

ADDING THE PLUGIN
1- Download the appropriate ZIP file and unpack it to a temporary folder of your choice. and remember where you saved it.
3- Browse to the folder where you have unpacked the downloaded zip and open it, and then open mb_TagTools.zip from this folder. Close the Preferences window.
4- To configure plugin, open MusicBee. From the menubar > Edit > Edit Preferences> Plugins > Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools" > Configure.

INSTALLING ADVANCED SEARCH & REPLACE PRESETS
1- Open MusicBee. From the menubar > Tools> Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools> Advanced Search & Replace > Click Install All to load all predefined presets.
2- To configure plugin, open MusicBee. From the menubar > Edit > Edit Preferences> Plugins > Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools" > Configure.

UPDATING THE PLUGIN

NOTE: You can just copy file mb_TagTools.dll from archive mb_TagTools.zip to "Plugins" folder in MusicBee application folder if you are using the portable version of MusicBee, and want to update plugin only, keeping all ASR presets as is.

OTHERWISE:

1- Download the appropriate ZIP file and unpack it to a temporary folder of your choice.
2- Open MusicBee. From the menubar > Edit > Edit Preferences > Plugins > Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools > Disable > Close and restart MusicBee.
3- Open MusicBee. From the menubar > Edit > Edit Preferences > Plugins > Add Plugin... > browse to the folder where the updated file mb_TagTools.zip is located and open this file. Close preferences.

UPDATING THE ASR PRESETS
OR

IMPORTANT NOTE: "Install New" will not reinstall any predefined presets deleted by you. Predefined presets can't be edited but can be "customized." Most predefined presets allow changing some options. Adjusting some criteria of a predefined preset will result in a "customized" preset. Both installation commands will ask you if you want to update the customized preset(s) (if any) and lose your adjustments, or to skip those updated by developer and update only those not customized by you.

REMOVING THE PLUGIN
2- Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools > Uninstall. MusicBee will delete all automatically created files (e.g. settings). You will need to close MusicBee and manually delete file "mb_TagTools.dll" and the subfolders "ru"  and "ASR Presets" from "Plugins" folder. The "Plugins" folder is located in MusicBee application folder if you are using the portable version of MusicBee. If using the installer version of MusicBee, it's in the folder "%AppData%\MusicBee".

Unfortunately, no plugin can be uninstalled from Store version of MusicBee at the moment.

--------------------

i've changed exporting/importing behavior of the plugin. now export command will export any selected plugin preset as is, without any modifications (i.e. won't export any preset as new (copy) user preset). plugin asks the user to import an exported preset as a new (and slightly renamed - "*" is appended to the name) preset, or to overwrite an existing preset if the preset, which was at least initially the same (preset with the same guid), already exists.

---------------------

https://www.mediafire.com/file/h2t08o9562efboi/mb_TagTools_latest.zip/file
Last Edit: January 11, 2023, 10:23:55 PM by boroda

boroda

From your most recent version. Strike-through means remove; italics means add.

Some predefined presets customized by you are have been changed by developer.

thanks, i'll update plugin.

boroda

phred, one question. is it a correct english phrase?

or maybe something like this is better?

Do you want to update your customized predefined presets by new versions by developer?

or some other wording?

hiccup

Do you want to update your customized predefined presets by new versions by developer?
Phred said I could interrupt. (even when I am not closely following up on what you guys are discussing exactly)

There are two thing that confuse me personally in that sentence.

Far as I understand there would be predefined presets (by boroda) and there would be customised presets. (by a user)
So, to me the term 'customised predefined preset' is a little bit confusing.

'new version by developer'. Firstly I would assume the developer of the plugin (boroda) is referred to here.
Is that correct, or is it referring to the person that edited and/or shared a custom preset?

phred

• Global Moderator
Phred said I could interrupt. (even when I am not closely following up on what you guys are discussing exactly)
Thanks for interrupting. You raise a couple of valid questions, which I will answer and suggest that boroda make changes

Far as I understand there would be predefined presets (by boroda) and there would be customised presets. (by a user)
So, to me the term 'customised predefined preset' is a little bit confusing.
I would propose using the term "user-customized preset(s)"

'new version by developer'. Firstly I would assume the developer of the plugin (boroda) is referred to here.
Is that correct, or is it referring to the person that edited and/or shared a custom preset?
Yes, that's correct, but I'd propose this to make it more clear:
"new version by plugin developer"

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki