Author Topic: Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools  (Read 917310 times)

Anoushka

Hello again,
das really nobody has any idea for these wishes??
* Batch resizing of Covers: I read, it is not (easy) possible in MB. Maybe, it could be possible with this plugin??
* Copy the field-value from one folder to another: F.e. I have track "Song" in the "Records"-folder with correct genres. And the same track in the "All bands"-folder with incorrect genres. At the moment I copy them always manually but would love to do it in a more easier & faster way :-)
* Delete all unnecessary fields /their values and keep only my wanted fields with their values- in one step.
* For my MP3-Player my files have to be with tag types ID3v2.3 and without other types. With foobar2000 I can control that and if needed I can correct it in an easy way. Is that possible in MB too?
I tried by myself to do it with this plugin. But I have fear to damage anything, because I am not firm enough with these things.

Ploki

Request for new feature or extend current one

In current function repunct it only translate some special characters to some of this
Code
<< " [ ((
Full definition is in AutoLibraryReports.cs rows starts with 827

It is possible to do something similar with letters? For example I want to translate artists like this:
Céline Dion -> Celine Dion (é -> e)
Christina Stürmer -> Christina Sturmer (ü -> u)
Horkýže Slíže -> Horkyze Slize (ý -> y, ž -> z, í -> i)

Maybe this could help with specifying characters
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/18123501/replacing-accented-characters-with-plain-ascii-ones
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/286921/efficiently-replace-all-accented-characters-in-a-string

The Incredible Boom Boom

But I already have other questions...
I'd like to get rid of other programs for my music-editing and because of that hoping to find MB-solutions for the following wishes:
* Batch resizing of Covers: I read, it is not (easy) possible in MB. Maybe, it could be possible with this plugin??
* Copy the field-value from one folder to another: F.e. I have track "Song" in the "Records"-folder with correct genres. And the same track in the "All bands"-folder with incorrect genres. At the moment I copy them always manually but would love to do it in a more easier & faster way :-)
* Delete all unnecessary fields /their values and keep only my wanted fields with their values- in one step.
* For my MP3-Player my files have to be with tag types ID3v2.3 and without other types. With foobar2000 I can control that and if needed I can correct it in an easy way. Is that possible in MB too?

None of these things are as simple to do in MusicBee as with a dedicated tagging program like mp3tag, for instance.

hiccup

A request:

Could AT&RT be extended to support the deletion of tags?

phred

• Global Moderator
+1
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Anoushka

I'd like to get rid of other programs for my music-editing and because of that hoping to find MB-solutions for the following wishes:

None of these things are as simple to do in MusicBee as with a dedicated tagging program like mp3tag, for instance.
Oh, what a pity! But thanx for your answer!

boroda

Hello boroda,
thanks for your explanation :-) But... still I do not really understand, why yours is working and mine not. Maybe my IQ is not high enough ;-) But I think, I do not understand because my english is not good enough & because of technical terms.  :-[
Or I just don't understand the basic. [^.] means "not dot". (.*) means "any character in any number. So it should find everything except dot and copy the found (without dot because it didn't found dot) into the other field. But it doesn't...
^\.?(.*): With your explanation it should find anything with no or one dot and copy the found into the other field. But it copies the found without dot...

;D  8) Of course I noticed the regex-link in the plugin and used it already- it's the one I mentioned above ;-)

Thanx for your help :-)
Anoushka
just read search pattern from left to right and keep and mind that we will find something or won't, but only captured chars (which will fall in parenthesis) will be placed instead of $1 in replacement pattern.

^\.?(.*)

^ at the beginning of means that only search started from the beginning of tag must be taken. without ^ search may be repeated again thru the rest of tag after successful finishing search pattern (but not finishing the whole tag).

\.? if 1st char is dot then we go further and ignore it ("ignore" because we don't capture it).

(.*) we capture any number of any chars from previous point (i.e. skipping previous dot if it was before our capture).

the task is not only to find dot at the beginning of tag, but to capture the rest of tag in this case OR capture the whole tag otherwise.
------------

as for your other questions, i don't it's possible with the help of plugin.
Last Edit: November 08, 2022, 08:49:48 AM by boroda

boroda

Hi borodo,

thank you for your wonderful plugin! It adds so many useful features to MB.

One issue I noticed in the more recent version:

Two buttons in the advanced search & replace window are cut off:

I'm running MB 3.5.8296 portable on Windows 11 Version 21H2 (Build 22000.1098).

And by the way: is it possible to increase the amount of assignable hotkeys to like 50? This would be awesome.

Thank you!
support for german, polish and french localizations are discontinued long time ago (because all translators haven't visited this site for a log time). your localization files are from some old plugin version. delete 'de' subfolder from mb 'plugins' folder to switch to english localization.

boroda

A request:

what do you mean by 'deletion'? writing empty values? or physically deleting tags from music files? if latter, then no, it couldn't, because plugin is working with tags by using mb api only, and api doesn't provide such functionality. why you just don't use mb native 'tools> tagging tools> remove tags' command?

boroda

In current function repunct it only translate some special characters to some of this
Code
<< " [ ((

It is possible to do something similar with letters? For example I want to translate artists like this:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/18123501/replacing-accented-characters-with-plain-ascii-ones
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/286921/efficiently-replace-all-accented-characters-in-a-string
it's interesting idea. thanks for your proposition, i'll look at this deeper.

boroda

i've tried this plugin, it's working fine with ASR (if just having such virtual tag function is not sufficient).  
open ASR, find preset "Example: Write result of virtual tag expression defined in <Custom text 1> to <Tag 2>". modify this preset or better, copy it to see in copy how to use virtual tag functions in ASR. here is screenshot of what i've tested:

or

phred

• Global Moderator
what do you mean by 'deletion'? writing empty values? or physically deleting tags from music files?
Speaking for myself, I was thinking of deleting the entire tag value. Unless if writing an empty value would appear as a blank/clean tag to MB. Perhaps I'm wrong in my interpretation, but I envision writing an empty tag value as the tag still has something in it, but it's empty and won't appear. But since there -is- a value there (even empty) it would not show up on a search for missing tags.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

boroda

phred, where you are looking for missing tags? and which exactly missing tags?

phred

• Global Moderator
phred, where you are looking for missing tags? and which exactly missing tags?
No, not quite. There have been some occasions where I just want the ability to search for data in a tag (or tags) that is incorrect and delete it. I can't believe I never knew this before (or maybe I knew it and forgot) that there is a native 'remove' tag(s) in the Tools menu. Which will take care of the "project" I'm currently doing.

As for searching for missing tags, that too is in the Tool menu. So I think I totally misunderstood the original request and can't (currently) see any need for it. I would assume that hiccup, who originally requested this, will have more to say about the use of his request.

I appreciate you reaching out to get a better understanding of what I wanted. And no longer need. Thanks.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

boroda

Code
<< " [ ((

i've created new asr preset "Transliterate Unicode characters of <Tag 1> to ASCII characters". 'import new' asr presets after updating plugin. you need to install this plugin to use new preset.