Author Topic: Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools  (Read 938042 times)

The Incredible Boom Boom

It appears that every Virtual Tag that contains non-native functions gets stripped down to just the native ones.
Can you tell why they don't work anymore?
I would expect that those functions are now seamlessly processed by MusicBee?
(except for Xor, which is now gone)

I forgot about this comment when mine was moved to another board, but it was because the @Steven and @boroda had implemented the $CutLeft() and $CutRight() functions differently.

P.S.
Considering the value and the popularity of AT&RT, shouldn't this thread be made sticky?

I agree.

phred

• Global Moderator
Considering the value and the popularity of AT&RT, shouldn't this thread be made sticky?
Done
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

boroda

Problem with Additional Tagging Tools and MB 3.5.8247

There seems to be a problem with the artists (multiple field). After restarting Musicbee, the newly entered fields are deleted again.
Apparently only guest artists are copied, not performers

Apparently the problem only occurs with "Copy Tags To Clipboard" (Additional Tagging Tools). There are no problems with manual copying (display as text).
for the reference for future users. it was very strange bug, i can't explain it, i even don't know if it was related to plugin or to something else. @adac has solved this problem by deleting mb library (only .mbl file, not music tracks) and recreating library from scratch. probably mb library was corrupted.

adac

Problem with Additional Tagging Tools and MB 3.5.8247

There seems to be a problem with the artists (multiple field). After restarting Musicbee, the newly entered fields are deleted again.
Apparently only guest artists are copied, not performers

Apparently the problem only occurs with "Copy Tags To Clipboard" (Additional Tagging Tools). There are no problems with manual copying (display as text).
for the reference for future users. it was very strange bug, i can't explain it, i even don't know if it was related to plugin or to something else. @adac has solved this problem by deleting mb library (only .mbl file, not music tracks) and recreating library from scratch. probably mb library was corrupted.

Unfortunately, the error reappeared after two days. However, rebuilding the library fixed other small bugs that I hadn't noticed as such before. If I find anything else I'll get back to you.

bkev

I love the additional tagging tools but I'm a little stuck. And maybe this could be an idea for a preset?

I'd like to search the lyrics tag for certain, explicit, words. If found, I'd like to add [Explicit] to the end of the title of the file.

How do I do this? I've manage to just replace the word in the lyrics with the word explicit :)

boroda

could you post here search and replace patterns for your solution? i've almost managed to do what you want, but for single-line tags, eg. album name, etc, but not for lyrics, which is multi-line.

do you need to determine that lyrics contain all searched words or any of the words?
Last Edit: August 23, 2022, 08:10:46 PM by boroda

bkev

could you post here search and replace patterns for your solution? i've almost managed to do what you want, but for single-line tags, eg. album name, etc, but not for lyrics, which is multi-line.

do you need to determine that lyrics contain all searched words or any of the words?

It would be lyrics that contain any of the words.

So, I'm guessing something like
Search for: (badword1|badword2|badword3) in tag Lyrics

All the files found that contain the words, append "Explicit" onto the end of the tag "Title".

bkev

Wow thanks for this.

I've changed one thing when I've imported it, in "Step 1" I changed the tag from "URL" to "Lyrics" but when I do this and I do a preview it seems to want to change test in the lyrics tag and not the title?

What I thought would happen is:

Search lyrics tag for word(s)
Find files that match
Change Title from "Song Title" to "Song Title Explicit"

What seems to happen is that it matches all files and adds "\@eval[[$If($TagContainsAnyString($1,Lyrics,\@1), [Explicit],)]]" to the lyrics tag?

bkev

Wow thanks for this.

I've changed one thing when I've imported it, in "Step 1" I changed the tag from "URL" to "Lyrics" but when I do this and I do a preview it seems to want to change test in the lyrics tag and not the title?

What I thought would happen is:

Search lyrics tag for word(s)
Find files that match
Change Title from "Song Title" to "Song Title Explicit"

What seems to happen is that it matches all files and adds "\@eval[[$If($TagContainsAnyString($1,Lyrics,\@1), [Explicit],)]]" to the lyrics tag?

Ok, so I've reverted it back to URL for the tag and it does work, but the reason it wasn't working is that the case is sensitive in the Custom Text field!

So, I used badword in the custom text field and it wasn't working, whereas Badword did.

boroda

1st parameter of $TagContainsAnyString() must be track path (URL), it's captured in step 1, and passed to the function as $1. second parameter is tag name without angle brackets (i.e. "Lyrics" in your case).

i'll make search case-insensitive.

bkev

Brilliant thanks.

Case insensitive would be great!

The only other thing I've noticed is that in the newer version I now get an error if I try and load "Library Reports". I know it's unrelated and it also happened in the version from earlier this month but if I roll back to the 2021 plugin it works.

MusicBee v3.4.8033.18564D

System.ArgumentException: Parameter is not valid.
   at System.Drawing.Bitmap..ctor(String filename)
   at MusicBeePlugin.LibraryReportsCommand.initializeForm()
   at MusicBeePlugin.LibraryReportsCommand..ctor(Plugin tagToolsPluginParam)
   at MusicBeePlugin.Plugin.libraryReportsEventHandler(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at #=ztdEURO9iLJryE.#=za3znDkU=(Object #=z09rm0$E=, EventArgs #=z5EKpxKY=)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

bkev

redownload plugin:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/h2t08o9562efboi/mb_TagTools_latest.zip/file

presets are not changed.

redownload plugin:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/h2t08o9562efboi/mb_TagTools_latest.zip/file

presets are not changed.

Yes, the case insensitivity works on this thanks.

What I'm getting now though is that some title tags are changed correctly, and others have the script in it.

For example, some songs change from "Title" to "Title [Explicit]" whereas some others change from "Title" to "Title$Uf($TagConatinsAnyString(<path>...."

I'll have a look tomorrow, but it looks like it's where the album begins with a "T"?