Author Topic: Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools  (Read 937939 times)

adac

Unfortunately the same result. Tried it with a single file and also with multiple files.

boroda

pm me one of problem source files. also, what is file type of destination file?

The Incredible Boom Boom

@boroda, sadly, I cannot update to v3.5, because it seems like my complex Virtual Tags do not work with it. 😣
It appears that every Virtual Tag that contains non-native functions gets stripped down to just the native ones.

Or maybe I'm performing the update steps incorrectly since the newest versions of the AT&T plugin now require MusicBee v3.5?

hiccup

It appears that every Virtual Tag that contains non-native functions gets stripped down to just the native ones.
Can you tell why they don't work anymore?
I would expect that those functions are now seamlessly processed by MusicBee?
(except for Xor, which is now gone)

boroda

i have the same question. mb 3.5 has many new native functions, therefor they are removed from plugin. but they should work normally in mb 3.5
Last Edit: August 04, 2022, 10:58:19 AM by boroda

hiccup

…i mean (this note is just for consistency with other function descriptions in your sheet) that these are valid usage of functions:…
That's a good observation.
For the native MusicBee functions I took how they are described in Template Editor > Function Selector as a starting point.
I have reviewed them all, including yours, and tried to have some consistency in the descriptions.

The table and the explanations are updated:
https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=35868.msg196257#msg196257

Let me know if you see something wrong…

PS
I didn't create explanations or examples on the logarithmic stuff.
It's unknown territory for me, and I couldn't find other posts containing formulas that use them.
And people that do want to use them probably already know what they are doing.

hiccup

P.S.
Considering the value and the popularity of AT&RT, shouldn't this thread be made sticky?

boroda

all seems to be fine, but i'd replaced a couple of description strings like "(eg. 'year', 'original year', 'date added', etc.)" to "(eg. <Year>, <Original Year>, <Date Added>, etc.)". i mean to use tag names as they are defined in template editor. just for clarity.

PS
I didn't create explanations or examples on the logarithmic stuff.
It's unknown territory for me, and I couldn't find other posts containing formulas that use them.
And people that do want to use them probably already know what they are doing.
forget them. these functions have been requested only once, i don't remember who has requested them, and for what purpose. maybe i'll remove them in future at all.

boroda

P.S.
Considering the value and the popularity of AT&RT, shouldn't this thread be made sticky?
I don't mind, but I don't think it's up to me to decide.

boroda

also, i think it's worth to add examples with tags as parameters for string functions, something like:

$SentenceCase(string)

capitalises the first letter of the first word in a string, e.g. $SentenceCase(<Title>)
___

$TitleCase(string)

capitalises the first letter of every word in a string, e.g. $TitleCase(<Title>)

other plugin functions seem to have already examples with tags as parameters.

hiccup

all seems to be fine, but i'd replaced a couple of description strings like "(eg. 'year', 'original year', 'date added', etc.)" to "(eg. <Year>, <Original Year>, <Date Added>, etc.)". i mean to use tag names as they are defined in template editor. just for clarity.
I agree.

also, i think it's worth to add examples with tags as parameters for string functions, something like:
$SentenceCase(string)
capitalises the first letter of the first word in a string, e.g. $SentenceCase(<Title>)
I left out such examples for functions that seem very obvious.
But I guess it doesn't hurt to add it for those too.

edit
Done.
Last Edit: August 21, 2022, 02:55:18 PM by hiccup

boroda

@hiccup, i've found 1 mistake in your cheatsheet:

$SubDuration(duration1,duration2)

returns the sum of two durations.

please change descpiption from "sum" to "subtraction" or "difference".

hiccup