Author Topic: Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools  (Read 917225 times)

PlumBlossom

Hello~
I see that the developer hasn't been on it a while but I was hoping I could get some help. I've got the plugin install just for the ability to save the play count as a tag. I had it working perfectly last night following the guide written up by Redwing so that the ASR preset would update the tag as the song played and added to the play count. When I was done, I closed musicbee and shut down my computer like I normally do. Now when I startup musicbee the plugin isn't found where I have it set (in the tools menu) and it isn't there when I right click on a track. When I go to configure it I get this error:

MusicBee v3.4.8033.18564D  (Win10.0), 16 Feb 2022 14:53:

System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at MusicBeePlugin.SettingsPlugin.InitializeComponent()
   at MusicBeePlugin.SettingsPlugin..ctor(Plugin TagToolsPluginParam, PluginInfo aboutParam)
   at MusicBeePlugin.Plugin.Configure(IntPtr panelHandle)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
   at #=zMnhegC3cZoGqJc9MnQ==.#=zHNzzNWE=(IntPtr #=zznrCYSH69sZI)

I don't know what any of this means or how I get it because I haven't messed with anything. So I uninstalled and reinstalled the plugin through musicbee and it showed up again in the tools menu. But now saving the play count doesn't work and update the play count as it goes anymore  :'( The play count that's stored in musicbee's database will go up but the tag I created won't so I have two different play counts now
I don't understand what went wrong because I had it working before. And the error happens every time I close musicbee. What should I do?

EDIT
Okay, so it seems I got it back working again (though I'm not really sure how by just closing musicbee, deleting the plugin from the plugin folder and simply moving it back before restarting musicbee). But the error still occurs when I close musicbee and restart it, making me have to fumble around again to (hopefully) fix it. I can't just leave it running so how do I avoid this?
Last Edit: February 16, 2022, 08:41:46 PM by PlumBlossom

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
It's not the same message, but have you tried the solution here: https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=35245.0
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

PlumBlossom

Sorry for the late reply. But yeah I gave that a try and it still happens. My app has been crashing a lot lately too with an "out of memory" error so it's making it extra difficult to fix
Last Edit: February 25, 2022, 12:59:50 AM by PlumBlossom

Steven

• Administrator
try updating to v3.5 from psychoadept's signature which might help with the plugin initialisation error

PlumBlossom

I've updated to 3.5 and it does seem to have fixed the initialisation error when I tested it with a few restarts! But I've noticed that the plugin doesn't stay where I configure it (in the tools/additional tools' menu although it does appear when I left click. I'm not sure if that's more of a tic with the plugin itself than musicbee though. Thank you!

Steven

• Administrator
the initialisation error would have been because the plugin will be installed in 2 locations (user/appdata/musicbee/plugins and programfiles/musicbee/plugins, each installation with its own settings
while v3.5 ensures only 1 installation is loaded, any settings you previously had might have been from the duplicate installation

PlumBlossom

Ah I understand! Thank you very much! Everything seems to be working properly now I think. Would 3.5 also address the memory error as well? (I have the editbin patch but when I ran it the command prompt box appeared and quickly disappeared again)

anywaysayhi

OK so I just manually change them since there are not a lot of them
But I am wondering to achieve this in advanced search and replace. However I couldn't figure out what to use in regular expressions for setting upper case or lower case in "replace" field. The only guide for case change in this forum is not clear with the regular expressions.

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like MB supports case conversion replacement with regular expressions, so you'd either have to use another tool, like MP3TAG, or search for all tracks matching the regex \s\w\'\w+ and then use the built-in Search and Replace tool and go through each letter.

Thank you. I used MP3Tag action to solve this problem. Thank you so much.

anywaysayhi

In Change Case I couldn't manage to realize the following examples:

T'Aggio → t'Aggio

No matter what I have tried, it didn't change at all. Same as L'Amour → l'Amour didn't work either.
I have put t in the exception list, and ' in the word splitter list. Any idea?

I'm neither Italian nor French, but are you sure that the word after the apostrophe from your examples indeed should be in upper case to begin with?
(I have some doubts about that)

I think Yes. Basically the articles (il la) should be in lowercase while the nouns in uppercase, hence l'Amore. But i've also seen L'Amore and L'amore somewhere, so probably depends on personal choices without criterion.

PlumBlossom

I'm not sure what happened but I got this error again after starting up musicbee and trying to congfigure the plugin since it wasn't showing up in the tools menu or when I left click my files. It only fixes when I uninstall the plugin from within musicbee (not file explorer) and add it back within musicbee. But then there's the issue of having to set up the plugin all over again

MusicBee v3.5.8089.36178D  (Win10.0), 26 Feb 2022 21:15:

System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at MusicBeePlugin.SettingsPlugin.InitializeComponent()
   at MusicBeePlugin.SettingsPlugin..ctor(Plugin TagToolsPluginParam, PluginInfo aboutParam)
   at MusicBeePlugin.Plugin.Configure(IntPtr panelHandle)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
   at #=zaI7vUK8z9CS_YU7ohQ==.#=zba0oQ50=(IntPtr #=zL7gKgw_yhOzK)

Johan_A_M

Is there a way of getting ATRT to be able to edit Instruments: Performer and similar tags?

phred

• Global Moderator
Is there a way of getting ATRT to be able to edit Instruments: Performer and similar tags?
I think the only one who could implement that would be boroda, the plugin's developer. And unfortunately he hasn't been active on the forum for a number of months.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

hiccup

'Instruments: Performer' is a virtual tag used by MusicBee for displaying purposes.
If you edit 'Artists: Performer', the results should be reflected in 'Instruments: Performer'.

Johan_A_M

'Instruments: Performer' is a virtual tag used by MusicBee for displaying purposes.
If you edit 'Artists: Performer', the results should be reflected in 'Instruments: Performer'.

Ok, so blatantly showing my incompetence here, it seems to me that only some presets can write to e.g. Artist: Performer? Actually, doing a quick test, the only preset I found that could write to the virtual tags was the Example: Write result of virtual tag expression defined in <Custom text 1> to <Tag 2>. In the rest, these are simply not showing up in the dropdown menu. Probably doing something wrong, but what? :)