Author Topic: Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools  (Read 917203 times)

voodoopunk

Hi All,

Is it possible to change the role/instrument in Performer to lower case using the additional tagging and reporting tools, just the text that ends up in parentheses. I've had a look at the 'change case' function and that doesn't appear to do what I'm after. I have looked at the advanced search and replace but the regex is beyond me.

TIA,
Voodoo

djdalex

https://imgur.com/a/mZbApxp

Can this be solved easily? Got a 1TB + library

The XML document contains a fault (6348261,_8)

MusicBee v3.4.7805.33439D  (Win10.0), 21 dec 2021 21:39:

System.NullReferenceException: De objectverwijzing is niet op een exemplaar van een object ingesteld.
   bij MusicBeePlugin.BackupType.save(String fileName)
   bij MusicBeePlugin.BackupIndex.saveBackup(String backupName, String statusbarText, Boolean isAutocreatedParam)
   bij MusicBeePlugin.Plugin.regularAutobackup(Object state)
   bij System.Threading.TimerQueueTimer.CallCallbackInContext(Object state)
   bij System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   bij System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   bij System.Threading.TimerQueueTimer.CallCallback()
   bij System.Threading.TimerQueueTimer.Fire()
   bij System.Threading.TimerQueue.FireNextTimers()
   bij System.Threading.TimerQueue.AppDomainTimerCallback(Int32 id)
Last Edit: December 21, 2021, 09:13:59 PM by djdalex
Vinyl lover / Vinyl ripper / Vinyl cleaning / Digitizing addict / Audio repair / Audacity lover / Clickrepair.net lover / MusicBee Newbee

The Incredible Boom Boom

What are you trying to accomplish?
You can't use the Tag Backup option in the AT&T plugin unless you create a baseline XML first.

djdalex

It made a lot of backups the last months. A while ago it start giving this fault.
For now i disabled (auto) backup settings in the Additional Tagging Tools menu.
Problem still not solved. Same fault message!
Last Edit: December 23, 2021, 11:26:44 AM by djdalex
Vinyl lover / Vinyl ripper / Vinyl cleaning / Digitizing addict / Audio repair / Audacity lover / Clickrepair.net lover / MusicBee Newbee

The Incredible Boom Boom

It made a lot of backups the last months. A while ago it start giving this fault.
For now i disabled (auto) backup settings in the Additional Tagging Tools menu.
Problem still not solved. Same fault message!

Why would you expect a different message?
It's quite clear that somehow your backup baseline file is either not in its supposed location, or corrupted somehow.
If it's a matter of the file having been moved, you need to move it back to its original location.
If it's corrupted, maybe you can delete the previous backup and try again? Else, there's not much you can do besides recreating the baseline file.

EDIT: This thread should be moved to the AT&T plugin thread, moderators.

Johan_A_M

I'd love some help on how to swap parts of a tag  :)

I have about 150 Mazurkas by Chopin, with the <work> like this:

Mazurka in A minor, Op. 7, No. 2

However, by this, they will list according to key, and not opus which is what I'd like. Is there anyway, perhaps using regexp, to get the above example to

Mazurka Op. 7 No. 2 in A minor

Whatever happens to commas etc is fine, I can search and replace later. Is this possible? The different files will of course have different keys and opus numbers :/ I found the Swap command but I don't think it'll be able to do this, at least not from what I've tried so far.

Any help appreciated!

The Incredible Boom Boom

I'd love some help on how to swap parts of a tag  :)

I have about 150 Mazurkas by Chopin, with the <work> like this:

Mazurka in A minor, Op. 7, No. 2

However, by this, they will list according to key, and not opus which is what I'd like. Is there anyway, perhaps using regexp, to get the above example to

Mazurka Op. 7 No. 2 in A minor

Whatever happens to commas etc is fine, I can search and replace later. Is this possible? The different files will of course have different keys and opus numbers :/ I found the Swap command but I don't think it'll be able to do this, at least not from what I've tried so far.

Any help appreciated!

Regex for moving relatively fixed text around is quite simple to learn.
In fact, you could do what you're needing with just opening and closing parentheses, a period and the plus symbol.
Wrapping a phrase with parentheses means you're grabbing that phrase to place elsewhere. The period means "match any character." And the plus symbol stands for "continue matching whatever the previous character is."

Here is an expression that solves your request, but I would advise taking the time to look at it and attempt to understand how the text substitution is accomplished. This way, instead of waiting assistance in the future, you can throw something together yourself (and then ask for assistance if you get stuck.)

anywaysayhi

In Change Case I couldn't manage to realize the following examples:

T'Aggio → t'Aggio

No matter what I have tried, it didn't change at all. Same as L'Amour → l'Amour didn't work either.
I have put t in the exception list, and ' in the word splitter list. Any idea?

Johan_A_M

Regex for moving relatively fixed text around is quite simple to learn.
In fact, you could do what you're needing with just opening and closing parentheses, a period and the plus symbol.
Wrapping a phrase with parentheses means you're grabbing that phrase to place elsewhere. The period means "match any character." And the plus symbol stands for "continue matching whatever the previous character is."

Here is an expression that solves your request, but I would advise taking the time to look at it and attempt to understand how the text substitution is accomplished. This way, instead of waiting assistance in the future, you can throw something together yourself (and then ask for assistance if you get stuck.)

What a fantastic answer - kind, helpful and educational at the same time! I'll have a look and start trying out future ideas by myself first. Top of the line respone @The Incredible Boom Boom!

anywaysayhi

T'Aggio → t'Aggio

No matter what I have tried, it didn't change at all. Same as L'Amour → l'Amour didn't work either.

OK so I just manually change them since there are not a lot of them
But I am wondering to achieve this in advanced search and replace. However I couldn't figure out what to use in regular expressions for setting upper case or lower case in "replace" field. The only guide for case change in this forum is not clear with the regular expressions.

The Incredible Boom Boom

What a fantastic answer - kind, helpful and educational at the same time! I'll have a look and start trying out future ideas by myself first. Top of the line respone @The Incredible Boom Boom!

No problem. Hope you get it sorted.

OK so I just manually change them since there are not a lot of them
But I am wondering to achieve this in advanced search and replace. However I couldn't figure out what to use in regular expressions for setting upper case or lower case in "replace" field. The only guide for case change in this forum is not clear with the regular expressions.

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like MB supports case conversion replacement with regular expressions, so you'd either have to use another tool, like MP3TAG, or search for all tracks matching the regex \s\w\'\w+ and then use the built-in Search and Replace tool and go through each letter.

hiccup

T'Aggio → t'Aggio

I'm neither Italian nor French, but are you sure that the word after the apostrophe from your examples indeed should be in upper case to begin with?
(I have some doubts about that)

Johan_A_M

Windows 10 just did some upgrade, and after reboot, my AT&RT can't be started. Re-downloaded thje latest version and put it in the folder but it does not help. If I go into preferences>plugins, it's there, but when I click Configure, I get the following error:

Code
MusicBee v3.4.8033.18564D  (Win10.0), 10 feb 2022 10:57:

System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at MusicBeePlugin.SettingsPlugin.InitializeComponent()
   at MusicBeePlugin.SettingsPlugin..ctor(Plugin TagToolsPluginParam, PluginInfo aboutParam)
   at MusicBeePlugin.Plugin.Configure(IntPtr panelHandle)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
   at #=zMnhegC3cZoGqJc9MnQ==.#=zHNzzNWE=(IntPtr #=zznrCYSH69sZI)

Any idea of what I could do?

phred

• Global Moderator
Make sure your presets are in the correct directory. They belong in \AppData\ASR Presets. They do not belong in the plugin directory
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Johan_A_M

Make sure your presets are in the correct directory. They belong in \AppData\ASR Presets. They do not belong in the plugin directory
Thank you, will move them!