Author Topic: Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools  (Read 917344 times)

boroda

Have you downloaded my preset I linked to:

Please find it here: ftp://hjem.fjelsten.dk/Public/Episodetitle.ASRPreset.xml
yes.

I think the issue may be related to it first reads the title, and then adds to the title again.
but preset you sent me doesn't use title tag. if it reads title and then writes title, then i don't think i can do something about this. try to write to a custom tag instead of title.

fjelsten

Hmm.

So you're saying that if you need to add something to the beginning of the title tag (first read current title and then write new element to the beginning of the title and write it>), this is impossible?

It does include 2 titles: ftp://hjem.fjelsten.dk/Public/MusicbeeEpisodeDate.png

boroda

plugin CAN detect tag changes made by plugin itself and ignore them. but when downloading new episode, it is written by several dozens tags, and every tag writing triggers your preset. just make a custom tag named like 'my title', add it to main view instead of 'title' and write preset result to the custom tag.

fjelsten

Everything seems to work. Maybe the issue was related to having two versions of ASR installed. I have disabled one on there and it seems to be running fine now. Thanks for the plugin and all your help.

fabiorfreitas

First of all, I'd like to say that this plugin is amazing and I'm so thankful for your work!

However, I feel there could be a few more export options, such as CSV and XML!

CSV is actually pretty easy to do myself with a little search and replace, but it would be a cool feature to have :)

boroda

what do need xml support for? you are the second person who requests this, but it's for several years.

boroda

First of all, I'd like to say that this plugin is amazing and I'm so thankful for your work!

However, I feel there could be a few more export options, such as CSV and XML!

CSV is actually pretty easy to do myself with a little search and replace, but it would be a cool feature to have :)
i've added support for csv files.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/h2t08o9562efboi/mb_TagTools_latest.zip/file

phred

• Global Moderator
I read in another thread (https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=30864.msg171125#msg171125) that I shouldn't be adding a featured artist as part of the track title, as in "Adios (feat. Aaron Neville)". So I checked out Advanced Search and Replace and was very happy to see a preset "Extract featuring artist from track title and add them to the (Guest) Artist tag..."

However it's not working as I expected it to. It does indeed extract the featured artist, but doesn't put in the guest artist tag.
Originally I had this:

After running AS&R I get this:

While I expected this:

Here's the AS&R window:

Apparently the featured artist in the title is extracted but not removed. And it is not placed as guest artist in the artist splitter.
Am I not entering the criteria correctly? Is there a bug? Or does it just not work the way I expected?

EDIT: At this point I don't need nor want the featured artist removed from the title. But I would like to figure out why it's not being copied to the guest artist tag.
Last Edit: February 22, 2020, 01:35:42 AM by phred
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8830 P
@ phred
Just in regards to your above post and its mate in 'Cleaning up Sorting (Last Name, First Name) for Album Artists and Artists', Aaron Neville is only a featured artist on tracks 3, 4, 5, and 11 of that album.
With you going to all the trouble of changing the tags I thought, you know, that you might want to put the correct info in the tags while your doing it?  :o
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

phred

• Global Moderator
...Aaron Neville is only a featured artist on tracks 3, 4, 5, and 11 of that album.
Hmmm ... And I'm showing him as the featured artist on eleven of the twelve tracks. I guess I'm off to do some research...
[five minutes later] Ok, here's what I found:
Wikipedia confirms what you said - 3, 4, 5, 11. As does Discogs and MusicBrainz.
AllMusic shows him as featured on all twelve tracks.

With you going to all the trouble of changing the tags I thought, you know, that you might want to put the correct info in the tags while your doing it?  :o
I have corrected the tags. Thanks Bee-liever. Much appreciated.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

boroda

@phred, both "Extract featuring artists..." presets must *not* remove featured artists from title, so it's normal. will investigate further.

boroda

both (and maybe some other) presets don't work now. i think mb api has been changed in mb 3.3. i'll rewrite these presets or contact Steven for returning old api style (in addition to new (and better) api style).
Last Edit: February 22, 2020, 06:36:41 AM by boroda

boroda

phred

• Global Moderator
i've fixed this error (and couple other minor errors):
I understand your comment that 'extract' won't remove and I'm fine with that.
Does the 'error' that you fixed address the 'guest artist' issue?

I'll have time to test it later today, but what to get clarification.

Thanks.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

phred

• Global Moderator
Does the 'error' that you fixed address the 'guest artist' issue?
I'll have time to test it later today, but what to get clarification.
I have now had the time to test the new release and it addresses the Guest Artist tag. This will make copying the featured artist from the title to the guest artist tag a quick and easy task. I've got a little more that 400 tracks that will be fixed in a jiffy.

Thanks boroda!

Note to anyone who plans to use this new update: Be sure you import -all- your presents again.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki