Author Topic: Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools  (Read 938009 times)

redwing

How about always removing a carriage return at the end of value when pasting? Then it will work for lyrics tag as well.

redwing

No differences from the previous version as it keeps adding a carriage return.

redwing

Great! It no longer adds it when pasting. Thanks!

BTW copying lyrics field (using copy/paste selected tags command) doesn't seem to work. It copies nothing. Does it work for you?

redwing

Does it copy from MB's database rather than from the file?
I tried with a file in the library, then it copies lyrics. But for a file not imported to the library it copies nothing.

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8878 P
I tried with a file in the library, then it copies lyrics. But for a file not imported to the library it copies nothing.
boroda recently made some changes to the <Lyrics?> tag for me. These also weren't successful.
Could there be some confusion regarding the <Lyrics> tag (embedded or in an external .txt/ .lrc file) and the <Lyrics?> tag in the database (really only a flag to show if tracks are marked as no lyrics, unsynched lyrics or synched lyrics)?
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

redwing

boroda recently made some changes to the <Lyrics?> tag for me. These also weren't successful.

Just tested with couple of albums copying <Lyrics?> tag and it's working fine for me. What's your problem exactly?

Bee-liever

boroda tried to make <Lyrics?> writable in ASR and MSR.
It didn't work.
Lyrics? is now no longer selectable for writing in either panel.

redwing

Was it ever possible to write something on <Lyrics?> tag?
I thought it's a read-only tag and "mark having no lyrics" can be enabled only via tag editor or track info panel.

Bee-liever

It was writable in MSR, when tried to extend to ASR it wouldn't work in either.

boroda thought that Steven may have made a change to the API

boroda

what do you mean by "file not imported to the library"? file in the inbox? or file, which is in a playlist only, but not in mb database?

boroda

i.e. you are coping lyrics to clipboard in another program? 'paste tags from clipboard' will expect tag set in clipboard, which was last time used by 'copy tags clipboard'.