Author Topic: Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools  (Read 938046 times)

boroda

Recently, additional Tagging and Reporting Tools has been reporting an error in invocation when enabled in Preferences. I uninstalled the plugin and tried to download again, perhaps the latest version, from the plugin page, only to be faced with a Malicious Site, usually by ad.fly. Can anyone fix this please?
try to close mb, delete file <appdata>\mb_tagtools.settings.xml and start mb again.

boroda

The tag backup feature works up to about 100,000 tracks. If the library is larger than that, it doesn't work. Is it possible to support more tracks?
what do you mean by "it doesn't work"? what does exactly happen? there is no artificial limit and i cant test it by myself because my library has only 16000 tracks. 

redwing

The tag backup feature works up to about 100,000 tracks. If the library is larger than that, it doesn't work. Is it possible to support more tracks?
what do you mean by "it doesn't work"? what does exactly happen? there is no artificial limit and i cant test it by myself because my library has only 16000 tracks.  

Actually it works. I just tried it which took several hours and it stopped at "99%" for a long time, and probably that's why I thought it's not working properly before, but if you keep waiting it eventually works. So never mind.

Copy/paste selected tags command doesn't work for any file properties. And can you add <Path> & <Filename> too? Currently it only supports <URL> (though it's not working now), so the user has to use virtual tags for those.

Regarding this, please add <Folder Name> too. Also it would be great if you can make those three fields (path, folder name, filename that all MB supports) available in other commands as well (copy tag, asr, etc.). I know I can easily construct those using virtual tags, but I'm really short of virtual tag slots.

boroda

- MSR preset doesn't handle escape sequences for special characters properly. Also they don't work via ASR command.
i cant reproduce this. * is replaced by \X and # by \# for me.

boroda

Regarding this, please add <Folder Name> too. Also it would be great if you can make those three fields (path, folder name, filename that all MB supports) available in other commands as well (copy tag, asr, etc.). I know I can easily construct those using virtual tags, but I'm really short of virtual tag slots.

its done:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/h2t08o9562efboi/mb_TagTools_latest.zip/file

Bizy

Hé Boroda,

Thanks (again) for the update.

I don't know if you've seen my response in 'Questions'.
Just to make sure. For feedback:

I noticed that everything works fine (selecting multiple tags and copy/paste them in 'compare tracks') unless I include Artwork.
In that case, it only pastes the Artwork and the tags that are positioned above it.

You might want to look into that (too) ;-)

b.
Full installer Version 3_4_7805
Portable Editon 3_4_7805 P

boroda

boroda

very stupid mistake. this bug is fixed. download link is the same.

Bizy

The word 'stupid' never crossed my mind.
Please, be kind to yourself ;-)

b.
Full installer Version 3_4_7805
Portable Editon 3_4_7805 P

boroda

Another issue: Copy/paste selected tags command doesn't work for any file properties. And can you add <Path> & <Filename> too? Currently it only supports <URL> (though it's not working now), so the user has to use virtual tags for those.
file properties are read-only. what do you mean by <URL> is not working? that its read-only? could you give me an example of what you are trying to do?

redwing

its done

Thanks, but you added <filename> and <folder>. <folder> seems <path> that MB supports and still there's no <folder name>. Different field names could confuse users. Can you support the same three fields just as MB does?

So for a file E:\Music\Pop\abc.mp3

Path: E:\Music\Pop
Folder Name: Pop
Filename: abc.mp3

Another issue: Copy/paste selected tags command doesn't work for any file properties. And can you add <Path> & <Filename> too? Currently it only supports <URL> (though it's not working now), so the user has to use virtual tags for those.
file properties are read-only. what do you mean by <URL> is not working? that its read-only? could you give me an example of what you are trying to do?

Try selecting all file property tags using copy selected tags command and paste it to a text file. It copies nothing.
Also, tag sets don't remember any file property tags. Include some property tags to a set, and if you open the set next time, file property tags are all excluded. Looks like the command doesn't support copying file property tags at all.

Of course they are read-only. I'm using this to get information of tracks or to compare a large number of tracks by pasting it to a text file.
But is it not possible to write Album Gain and Track Gain tags to files?

boroda

for 'folder': i misunderstood you first. of couse it can be done.

for copying tags to clipboard: sounds like a bug. will check this.

redwing

Thanks!
For now I've been using MB's send to clipboard command for file properties. You might want to check that to compare the results.