Author Topic: Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools  (Read 938057 times)

redwing

use \, for search pattern of msr preset. msr command will auto-escape commas.

Are there any other characters behave that way that I should know of?

frankz

One minor thing I noticed - when you copy "Last Played" or "Date Added" to clipboard and then paste them to files, the pasted version does not respect local time (i.e., if I copy tags from file that was last played at 10PM local time, it will paste as what I'm assuming is GMT into the file - 6 hours offset). Not a big deal, but unexpected.

Still seeing "SYNTAX ERROR!" when trying to "blank out" (erase the value of by replacing with empty values) Last Played and Play Count as reported earlier.  Not sure how to "properly" handle these.  It worked in earlier versions to just put nothing in the replace with field. 

boroda

Yep, that's what I meant. Try it yourself. If you copy tags from tracks and paste it, it works fine. But if you copy tags from notepad++, it adds carriage return at the end of the tag (if you copy three lines of values for three tracks and paste it, only the first two tracks get carriage return).
why not just add additional carriage return after last line in notepad++?

boroda

use \, for search pattern of msr preset. msr command will auto-escape commas.

Are there any other characters behave that way that I should know of?
all other chars are enumerated in msr preset description.

redwing

Yep, that's what I meant. Try it yourself. If you copy tags from tracks and paste it, it works fine. But if you copy tags from notepad++, it adds carriage return at the end of the tag (if you copy three lines of values for three tracks and paste it, only the first two tracks get carriage return).

My request is not add it to any tags.

redwing

Another bug with both msr preset and command:
Try " bc/ cc" for the string "a bc". Both don't work properly. I think it has problem handling a space. Sometimes it works only for first track when multiple tracks are selected.

It's not fixed for msr command. Try it with multiple files and only first track changes.

boroda

Still seeing "SYNTAX ERROR!" when trying to "blank out" (erase the value of by replacing with empty values) Last Played and Play Count as reported earlier.  Not sure how to "properly" handle these.  It worked in earlier versions to just put nothing in the replace with field.  

its fixed:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/h2t08o9562efboi/mb_TagTools_latest.zip

boroda

My request is not add it to any tags.
could you post a screenshot of notepad++ with service chars shown 'couse i dont understand what do you want?

boroda

Try " bc/ cc" for the string "a bc". Both don't work properly. I think it has problem handling a space. Sometimes it works only for first track when multiple tracks are selected.

It's not fixed for msr command. Try it with multiple files and only first track changes.
have completely forgotten about your bug report related to spaces. will have a look at it today.

redwing

could you post a screenshot of notepad++ with service chars shown 'couse i dont understand what do you want?

Never mind. If Steven fixes the scroll issue, it's OK.

boroda

its fixed:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/h2t08o9562efboi/mb_TagTools_latest.zip

redwing

It's fixed. Thanks!

Can you consider this request? Every time using either command I have to keep changing selected tag option.

currently copy tag command and msr command use the same source/target tag setting. Can you make each command use its own setting so that each command remembers its own last used tag set?