Author Topic: Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools  (Read 938187 times)

Freddy Barker

• 🎧 MB 3.4.7628P
Yes, I already do as I said earlier.  Thanks for the advice, though.

It's really just the "SYNTAX ERROR!" where there wasn't one before that I'm asking about.

Always ready to help if I can, alas not with Syntax Errors, I had a play with the Tagging Tool but failed miserably, but got help with a fix, which worked like a charm, 'code' still made little sense to me!!
Hope you get sorted! Freddy  ;) 

redwing

Recently I noticed some tracks' song info doesn't scroll properly on the player bar. Turned out they had a carriage return character at the end of title tag value. That came from "Paste tags from clipboard" command when copying multiple tags from Notepad++.
Can you make the command ignore that character at the end of each tag value while doing copy & paste?

boroda

Also, while I'm here and all, this has been the way the plug-in's "Setting" dialog has looked to me for as long as I can remember.  

If the picture goes away for some reason in the future, a portion of the bottom of the box is cut-off.  It's not expandable in any direction.  My screen's at 1920X1080 and I don't have any scaling applied that I'm aware of.
its fixed for the next update

boroda

Thanks! that preset is now working properly.
But there are more issues. The two performer presets have not been working for some time. Don't know when it worked last time.
Also msr command and preset were broken but now start working again. Still there's some issue when parentheses are used.

Try this:
*^(.*?)b/$1c

It works with msr command, but not with msr preset.
is working fine for me for all cases: msr preset or msr command.

boroda

also i've added support for up to 32 virtual tags. the same link.

Franklin

Been getting this error whenever I run the library reports, recently started happening after I'd copy the tag from Artist to Album Artist

MusicBee v3.1.6590.32668 (Win10.0), 9 May 2018 17:35:

System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
   at MusicBeePlugin.LibraryReportsPlugin.AggregatedTags.GetField(KeyValuePair`2 keyValue, Int32 fieldNumber, List`1 groupingNames)
   at MusicBeePlugin.LibraryReportsPlugin.previewTrackList()
   at MusicBeePlugin.PluginWindowTemplate.serializedOperation()
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

redwing

Thanks! that preset is now working properly.
But there are more issues. The two performer presets have not been working for some time. Don't know when it worked last time.
Also msr command and preset were broken but now start working again. Still there's some issue when parentheses are used.

Try this:
*^(.*?)b/$1c

It works with msr command, but not with msr preset.
is working fine for me for all cases: msr preset or msr command.

The two performer presets are now working. Thanks!

For the msr issue,
try the code to a string with a comma (for instance "a,bc"), then msr preset isn't working while msr command works.

It supports up to Virtual25 tag. It doesn't support Virtual26 - 32 tags.

redwing

Another bug with both msr preset and command:
Try " bc/ cc" for the string "a bc". Both don't work properly. I think it has problem handling a space. Sometimes it works only for first track when multiple tracks are selected.

Also, currently copy tag command and msr command use the same source/target tag setting. Can you make each command use its own setting so that each command remembers its own last used tag set?

boroda

Recently I noticed some tracks' song info doesn't scroll properly on the player bar. Turned out they had a carriage return character at the end of title tag value. That came from "Paste tags from clipboard" command when copying multiple tags from Notepad++.
Can you make the command ignore that character at the end of each tag value while doing copy & paste?
redwing, carriage returns are used to split tags of different tracks (and tabs are used to split tags of single tracks). there must be something else.

boroda

Been getting this error whenever I run the library reports, recently started happening after I'd copy the tag from Artist to Album Artist

MusicBee v3.1.6590.32668 (Win10.0), 9 May 2018 17:35:

System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
   at MusicBeePlugin.LibraryReportsPlugin.AggregatedTags.GetField(KeyValuePair`2 keyValue, Int32 fieldNumber, List`1 groupingNames)
   at MusicBeePlugin.LibraryReportsPlugin.previewTrackList()
   at MusicBeePlugin.PluginWindowTemplate.serializedOperation()
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()
lib reports is working fine foe me. try to delete all groupings/aggregated functions and recreate them from scratch.

boroda

It supports up to Virtual25 tag. It doesn't support Virtual26 - 32 tags.
i've reuploaded plugin (because i see all 32 virtual tags).

boroda

For the msr issue,
try the code to a string with a comma (for instance "a,bc"), then msr preset isn't working while msr command works.
use \, for search pattern of msr preset. msr command will auto-escape commas.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/h2t08o9562efboi/mb_TagTools_latest.zip

redwing

i've reuploaded plugin (because i see all 32 virtual tags).

It's fixed now.

carriage returns are used to split tags of different tracks

Yep, that's what I meant. Try it yourself. If you copy tags from tracks and paste it, it works fine. But if you copy tags from notepad++, it adds carriage return at the end of the tag (if you copy three lines of values for three tracks and paste it, only the first two tracks get carriage return).