Author Topic: Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools  (Read 935959 times)

boroda

3 fields AND all changed tags (if any) in parenthesis.

redwing

3 fields AND all changed tags (if any) in parenthesis.

Right. I can see now how it works.
How about showing just those in parenthesis without parenthesis? Why does it have to show the three fields all the time even when their values will remain the same?
Also I'd like to see field name as well. How about this?

Title: title value (blue color); Artist: artist value (blue color)

boroda

3 fields are for just identifying tracks. i'm afraid that tooltips would be too wide if i include tag names along with tag values. parenthesis can be removed, but i want to separate track representation (title - album - artist) and all other tags.

redwing

Just got this error when previewing one album with the command, which crashed MB:

10.0.16299.0 - 3.2.6595.18565 - System.OutOfMemoryException: Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.
   at System.String.Concat(String str0, String str1, String str2)
   at MusicBeePlugin.Plugin.GetTrackRepresentation(String[] tags, String[] tags2)
   at MusicBeePlugin.ReencodeTagsPlugin.previewChanges()
   at MusicBeePlugin.PluginWindowTemplate.serializedOperation()
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

redwing

3 fields are for just identifying tracks. i'm afraid that tooltips would be too wide if i include tag names along with tag values. parenthesis can be removed, but i want to separate track representation (title - album - artist) and all other tags.

Because of the three fields, the values are unnecessarily too lengthy. When they have garbled text, it has to show each field twice. How about using Disc-Track# for identifying tracks?

boroda

When they have garbled text, it has to show each field twice. How about using Disc-Track# for identifying tracks?
no, artist, album and title are always shown just ones. disk-track# is always displayed as 1st tag in track representation. but using disk-track# only may be insufficient if they are blank.

redwing

They show up twice: once outside of parentheses, second within the parentheses. Still I think they are too much just for identifying purpose.
How about showing Disc-Track# only and if that's null, then show title?

boroda

Just got this error when previewing one album with the command, which crashed MB:

10.0.16299.0 - 3.2.6595.18565 - System.OutOfMemoryException: Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.
   at System.String.Concat(String str0, String str1, String str2)
   at MusicBeePlugin.Plugin.GetTrackRepresentation(String[] tags, String[] tags2)
   at MusicBeePlugin.ReencodeTagsPlugin.previewChanges()
   at MusicBeePlugin.PluginWindowTemplate.serializedOperation()
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()
i think it was happening because i was trying to reencode artworks also :)
its fixed:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ob598w9cckl59g0/mb_TagTools_2018-01-22.zip

boroda

They show up twice: once outside of parentheses, second within the parentheses. Still I think they are too much just for identifying purpose.
How about showing Disc-Track# only and if that's null, then show title?
http://www.mediafire.com/file/x34w9b63wu2mv8c/mb_TagTools_2018-01-22-2.zip

boroda

They show up twice: once outside of parentheses, second within the parentheses.
its because there are duplicated performer names in 'displayed artist' tag and in 'artist' tag.

tooltip is insufficient, so now you can double-click on any cell to view full tag value:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/5bbj1zkyq8c80ll/mb_TagTools_2018-01-22-3.zip

redwing

This is how it displays. Why does it show each tag multiple times (except comments tag)?

And why not show field name as I suggested since the three fields are not the default value any more?

Title: title value; Artist: artist value

redwing

So the repeated tags are all sort tags. Is it possible not to show them when it's not set explicitly?

redwing

But this version neither shows explicitly set sort tags in preview nor converts those sort tags.
What I mean is when you have entered a specific value to one of the sort tags.