Author Topic: Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools  (Read 938175 times)

boroda

'Reencode tag' command is replaced by 'Reencode tags' command. cuesheets are supported.

Aside from the cuesheet issue, I don't really see much progress with this tool. It now supports only three tags: album artist, album, and title. Previously it was possible to fix other tags as well.
its preview tags only. the whole cuesheet is reencoded. but it seems that there is some bug with displaying cuesheet tags in mb, waiting for Steven's response.

redwing

What about file tags with files without cuesheet? For instance, how to fix comments tag?

boroda

if there is no cuesheet at all, then all tags must be reencoded one by one. isn't that the case for you?

redwing

You mean just execute it without seeing the preview? What if only comments tag has garbled text and other tags are clean?
The user should be able to see if the selected code pages will fix it properly before running it.

boroda

do you have some suggestions? i don't see how i can display all tags.

redwing

As I already suggested, why not only show tags with garbled text just as the foobar component does?
Or it could show only tags that will get new values in preview screen. Then the user could expand each column in preview screen to verify tag values.
Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 06:00:47 AM by redwing

boroda

i dont know how to detect garbled text without syntax analyzer for every possible language. as for only changed tags, what should i display if *every* tag is changed?

i can add 1 arbitrary selectable tag to display in the table. do you think its acceptable?

redwing

i can add 1 arbitrary selectable tag to display in the table. do you think its acceptable?

No, I'd rather not run the command if I can't see the result for each tag beforehand since file tags can be not uniform in encoding unlike cuesheet.
Then how about restoring the "select tag" dialog of the previous version?

boroda

i think i can make 2 commands: 'reencode tag' (for reencoding separate tags) and 'reencode tags' (for reencoding all tags at ones). but i'd want to find some acceptable solution for latter one. just want to listen to your opinion. ofc. its possible to display all changed tags, but table may become with multi multi line rows. not sweat.

redwing

I like the idea of having two commands. How about showing them in condensed columns rather than in multi-rows? Also show the value in tooltip with the mouse over, then the user could expand each column or read tooltip.

phred

• Global Moderator
With the most recent release (mb_TagTools_2018-01-19-beta) windows are not persistent. No matter where I move them, once closed and reopened, they always appear towards the upper left. Please reinstate persistent window locations.

Thanks.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

boroda

phred, i always disable persistent windows when i'm editing ui. its just a beta and it will fixed for stable release.

phred

• Global Moderator
phred, i always disable persistent windows when i'm editing ui. its just a beta and it will fixed for stable release.
Ooops... you're right. I apologize. I now remember you telling me this the last time I used a beta.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

redwing

Thanks!

But what's changed with 'reencode tags' command? It still shows only three fields for preview.