Author Topic: Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools  (Read 938083 times)

redwing

Of course it won't work without Steven's support.
Tag editor's Edit Cuesheet button can load the entire cuesheet. So load the entire cuesheet into the command's dialog thru it and convert the encoding for the whole text and save it.
Do you think that can work?

boroda

yes, it can work, but as you said it won't work without Steven's help.

@Steven, what do you think about this?

redwing

I am not sure it would be possible to convert multiple cuesheets at once even if the API allowed the access to it.
But if you support "All fields" option for the command, the user could bypass the issue by splitting the cuesheet file to individual files fist and then convert the encoding of all tags for the split files. This would allow to convert encoding for multiple albums in one go since what matters is only a few tags with garbled text. How about supporting that first while waiting for Steven's support?

Also another useful feature would be to allow changing selected code page (for both) on preview screen and show the converted text dynamically and also allow deselecting certain files on preview screen that don't show a good result. Then the user won't have to try different code page and change selected files every time.

redwing

I just looked into how foobar handles this: it can convert either cuesheets or tags very easily if you install a component called foo_chacon. There may be something to learn from it, especially its UI:
http://wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?title=Foobar2000:Components_0.9/Chacon_(foo_chacon)
Last Edit: December 22, 2017, 10:13:59 AM by redwing

Steven

• Administrator
@Steven, what do you think about this?
When i get time after a couple of other things i can enhance the cuesheet tag (18) to also write to the external cuesheet file

phred

• Global Moderator
@boroda74-

I'm cleaning up my hard drive and noticed that I have two ASR Preset folders. One is under AppData and the other is under Plugins. Looking at the modified date stamp, I'm guessing that the one under AppData is the one that the plugin uses. But before I delete one, I'd like confirmation as to which one is the correct one to keep.

Thanks.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

boroda

yes, mb actually uses asr preset folder that is located in app folder. the only reason for existence of asr preset folder in plugins folder is because installation instructions for appdata folder may be too complex for many users.

phred

• Global Moderator
Good info. Thank you.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

boroda

@all, just for the record, all recent requests are almost done, including new virtual tag functions for arithmetic and boolean operations. unfortunately my visual studio suddenly have stopped to work. reinstallation don't help.  :(

redwing

Hopefully you could get your Visual Studio working again soon.

BTW can I request a special ASR preset that can re-sort Artists:Performer tag in a custom role order?
People are importing those tags via various means/sources, but the problem is most of the time we have no control over the tag's sort order.
Currently we have to resort to re-ordering the tags manually but it takes a considerable amount of time and effort especially when there are a lot of performers are involved and when each track has different set of performers which is common in compilations.
So what I'm suggesting is the user puts a custom role order in "Custom Text" box and run the preset, then it re-orders performer tags following the custom order.

e.g.

Performer tag before:
Göteborgs Symfoniker (orchestra); Vladimir Chernov (baritone vocals); Sergej Larin (tenor vocals)

Custom Text:
soprano vocals; mezzo-soprano vocals; alto vocals; tenor vocals; baritone vocals; bass vocals; choir vocals; orchestra

Performer tag after:
Sergej Larin (tenor vocals); Vladimir Chernov (baritone vocals); Göteborgs Symfoniker (orchestra)

- if there are multiple performers for the same role, then sort them alphabetically.
- if there are performers with no assigned/specified role, put them at the end of the list.

Also I noticed Artists:Performer tag is not listed as writable tags. There are some other unsupported special tags too like "genres". Can you make them writable? Thanks in advance!

boroda

@redwing, all tags which are writable in mb api are writable in plugin. but for artist:performer tag there IS a workaround: add prefix \@char(1) to a performer, when you write he to artist tag.

as for required preset it looks very sophisticated and probably impossible, but i'll try to make it later.

redwing

@redwing, all tags which are writable in mb api are writable in plugin. but for artist:performer tag there IS a workaround: add prefix \@char(1) to a performer, when you write he to artist tag.

Thanks for the tip! I can see "\@char(2)" adds performer tag (1 for guest artist).

as for required preset it looks very sophisticated and probably impossible, but i'll try to make it later.

Thanks!

redwing

Probably there are better ways of doing this, but I could suggest the following workflow with the given example:

Performer tag before:
Göteborgs Symfoniker (orchestra); Vladimir Chernov (baritone vocals); Sergej Larin (tenor vocals)

Custom Text:
soprano vocals; mezzo-soprano vocals; alto vocals; tenor vocals; baritone vocals; bass vocals; choir vocals; orchestra

Performer tag after:
Sergej Larin (tenor vocals); Vladimir Chernov (baritone vocals); Göteborgs Symfoniker (orchestra)

- assign a number to each role in custom list from 1: tenor gets 4, baritone 5, orchestra 8.
- substitute the role with the assigned number: Sergej Larin (4), etc.
- sort values by the numbered role in ascending order: Sergej Larin (4) will come first.
- substitute each number with its original role: Sergej Larin (4) becomes Sergej Larin (tenor vocals), etc.