Author Topic: Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools  (Read 938148 times)

tangotonyb

I'm running the latest copy of plugin and musicbee, but there's a problem.

I used one of the functions in Adv Srch & Repl to modify the Title,adding (ex) to the end of the title for selected tracks.

Then later I noticed that whenever I edited a track's metadata using the STANDARD editor, the Title was also modified with (ex).

I used Adv Srch & Repl again to clean up the mess made and remove the excess (ex)'s.

Now when i try to add (ex) back for certain tracks in the Standard editor, I can't!

Only when I went back into Adv Srch & repl and unselected the template And clicked APPLY, was I able to edit my tracks without interference.

My guess is that whatever means you are using to inject the editing code into MusicBee is being left switched on when the Adv Srch & Replace window is closed.

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8878 P
If you have the template ticked

this means the template will be auto applied whenever tags change
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

tangotonyb

Well - yes I've figured that out, but that's surely a bug.

If intentional it's totally dumb as it's totally counter-intuitive. I cannot think of a use case in which such operation was desirable, yet there are lots of cases where it's undesirable!

It's fortunate I discovered this "feature" early on - I hate to think what would have happened if I'd done a radical operation in there intending it to operate on one file, and then done a bulk edit to add a new field.

If it's intended that the operation remain like this, then you NEED a warning on that GUI to state this is the case.

phred

• Global Moderator
Right at the very top of the window it states "Tick presets which should be automatically applied." It's pretty clear to me, and to almost all the other users of this plug-in since this is the first anyone has complained about it.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8878 P
And the fact that when you tick the preset, the two options
Auto apply preset only if track is contained in playlist
and
Ask confirmation before autoapplying this preset
are suddenly available to select, should have been a deadset giveaway that the preset was going to be auto applied.
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

tangotonyb

I see now that you do not need to tick an item in the list in order for the lower dialog to work - the screen in effect does two jobs.

The author has differentiated the two behaviours by referring to highlighting and ticking, however he uses "Select" to mean highlight - for many users confronted with a list of tick boxes and the instruction (select), they would tick the item.

The second sentence: "TICK PRESETS..." then makes no sense at all - mainly because the idea that an advanced tag edit screen would continue to operate behind the scenes when the dialog is closed is VERY unusual. I would suspect UNIQUE. Normally a user expects that when a dialog (except for those labelled settings/preferences/options) is closed, it ceases to operate. A "Search and Replace" dialog certainly falls into this category. It doesn't help that it's hard to imagine WHY someone would want it to behave in the way it does.

I should point out, I'm an experienced Software Tester - I've worked for Financial Organisations & Ecommerce developing desktop and web applications. I'm not clueless.
I approached this screen cautiously, to see what it did and how - operating on a playlist of a handful of tracks that I could easily replace if things went wrong.

SO at the very least, change the layout/wording on that screen to make it clear.

"HIGHLIGHT preset below to edit or apply to selected tracks. (In red) TICK presets you want to ALWAYS AUTOMATICALLY invoke whenever tags change in MusicBee."

On closing the dialog, if any remain ticked, a warning window should pop up to say (presets ticked -these will continue to be applied OK?)

These are simple changes to make and could save another user a lot of grief.

tangotonyb

And the fact that when you tick the preset, the two options
Auto apply preset only if track is contained in playlist
and
Ask confirmation before autoapplying this preset
are suddenly available to select, should have been a deadset giveaway that the preset was going to be auto applied.

"Ask confirmation before autoapplying this preset" - I don't see that option

tangotonyb

OK - I'm using the version linked to from https://getmusicbee.com/addons/plugins/49/additional-tagging-and-reporting-tools/ which I would have thought was the latest, but I can see now it isn't.

Suggest the download button on that page redirect to http://musicbee.wikia.com/wiki/Additional_Tagging_and_Reporting_Tools with #Download if anchor exists.

tangotonyb

An error I get with both versions of the plugin:

Code
MusicBee v3.1.6546.37911 (Win6.1), 13 Dec 2017 14:22:

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'C:\Users\Tony\AppData\Roaming\MusicBee\Tag Backups\DJ Music - Baseline.bbl'.
File name: 'C:\Users\Tony\AppData\Roaming\MusicBee\Tag Backups\DJ Music - Baseline.bbl'
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
   at MusicBeePlugin.BackupType.Load(String fileName, String backupFileExtension)
   at MusicBeePlugin.TagHistoryPlugin.fillTable(String folder, Boolean includeSubfolders, Int32 maxBackupCount, Int32 trackIndex, Boolean reuseCache)
   at MusicBeePlugin.TagHistoryPlugin.TagHistoryPlugin_Shown(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnShown(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.CallShownEvent()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbackDo(ThreadMethodEntry tme)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbackHelper(Object obj)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallback(ThreadMethodEntry tme)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbacks()

boroda

I got this error message:

MusicBee v3.1.6420.28372 (Win6.1), 12 Aug 2017 14:00:

System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Users\Wim\AppData\Roaming\MusicBee\ASR Presets\2acc97f0-bd50-476a-8f2a-680eedca8985.ASR Preset.xml' is denied.
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.File.InternalDelete(String path, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.File.Delete(String path)
   at MusicBeePlugin.AdvancedSearchAndReplacePlugin.saveSettings()
   at MusicBeePlugin.AdvancedSearchAndReplacePlugin.buttonSave_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

Don't know what it means.
It happened after I renamed a number of my custom tags. That was necessary due to the new layout of the tag (2) screen.
There seems something wrong with custom tage 9.

When performing an ASR command the popup says:
Some tage names are duplicated. See (...)tagtools.tagnameserrorlog.txt for details. The plugin is not properly initialized.
The message there says: Cant add Custom 9 / Custom9

What does it mean? What should I do?
Or is a bug fix necessary first?

Thanks!

sorry for being late. this error means that you have 2 (mostly probably custom) tags with name 'custom9'

boroda

Hi Boroda,
Since a few months (after updating MB to version 3.1.5900 or so, I have problems with ONE of your ASR commands.
I created one to copy my virtual file PERFORMERS-VIRTUAL to PERFORMERS.
The virtual file itself is the sum of categories like vocalist-main, vocalist-other, instrumentalist, choir, orchestra, director (for classical works).
Once I have filled them in all, I want to put them in the PERFORMERS field which in the column viewer displayes all 'involved people'.

It still works as before - with ONE annoying exception:
The target field for the merging result of fields PERFORMERS-VIRTUAL + MOOD is always set to VOCALS-MORE - not by me, I don't use it for that purpose. MANUALLY i can enter the correct target field: PERFORMERS and then execute the command properly.

But if I want to SAVE the new settings, I get an MB error message - and the target field can NOT be changed.
This is the error message:

System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Users\Wim\AppData\Roaming\MusicBee\ASR Presets\2acc97f0-bd50-476a-8f2a-680eedca8985.ASR Preset.xml' is denied.

What to do?
Thanks,
Wim
check write access for this file

boroda

@Boroda74...

Maybe this is an oversight, or perhaps it's me, but in the "Remove # characters from the beginning/end of <Tag 1>" preset, there doesn't appear to be a place to indicate the number of characters to remove. Nor does there appear to be a place to indicate if the removal is to be from the beginning or the end.

Hmmm ... on further inspection, I found preset "Remove given number of characters from beginning/end of <Tag 1>" which does what I expect. Perhaps this preset replaced the one I mentioned above? And the first one should be removed.

Thanks for clarifying.
working fine here. its 'custom text 1' which defines how many chars to remove. try to 'import all' presets again.

boroda

Hi all

fyi1: Great add-in!

fyi2: I was not able to find a related post, hence this topical post.

I noticed when using the Additional Tagging add-in, specifically the Copy and/or Swap Tags features, not all tag fields are available.

For example, I'd like to copy all of my "YEAR (YYYY)" tags to the tag "Original Year" but "Original Year" is not in the list of "swappable" tags. It seems like perhaps this is an omission.

Is this something that can be added?

Thanks
evan

'original year' has been added to mb very recently, so try to upgrade both mb and plugin to latest version.

boroda

Tried $ALR function for album size: selecting Album and Sum(Size). It works and the virtual field shows the value correctly for each track. But the problem is it almost freezes the UI with high CPU usage. At MB's start, I see it finishes the ALR update 100% from the status bar, but why it gets sluggish right after that with nothing to compute? Looks like a bug.

Update on this. The freezing comes from ticking either auto-calculate setting or auto-apply tickbox for a preset. If I do not tick both tickboxes I don't get such freezing, but still it can't show the tag values stably. I get a completely empty main panel for a tab with that column added.
no freezing for me, but it takes abot 5 sec to alr column be filled (14000 files in my library).

boroda

You don't have permission to access the file. Google how to change permissions on files/folders.
BTW if you encounter such issues often, I'd recommend using a portable installation.
+1