Author Topic: Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools  (Read 931875 times)

Camzo

@ Camzo
Have you tried updating to the 3.1 version of the plugin?

I believe so. The version I have is 2017-06-12. I think it's the latest?

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8849 P
The version I have is 2017-06-12. I think it's the latest?
I think it's the latest too.  At the very least, it's the same one I'm using  ;D

Try disabling the plugin from Preferences
Re-start MB and then re-enable the plugin.
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

Camzo

The version I have is 2017-06-12. I think it's the latest?
I think it's the latest too.  At the very least, it's the same one I'm using  ;D

Try disabling the plugin from Preferences
Re-start MB and then re-enable the plugin.
Managed to figure out a a solution along the same vein as what you suggested. I uninstalled it through musicbee then went and removed any traces of files it had left behind in both programfiles(x86) and %APPDATA%. It seems to be working now.

redwing

Tried $ALR function for album size: selecting Album and Sum(Size). It works and the virtual field shows the value correctly for each track. But the problem is it almost freezes the UI with high CPU usage. At MB's start, I see it finishes the ALR update 100% from the status bar, but why it gets sluggish right after that with nothing to compute? Looks like a bug.

redwing

Tried $ALR function for album size: selecting Album and Sum(Size). It works and the virtual field shows the value correctly for each track. But the problem is it almost freezes the UI with high CPU usage. At MB's start, I see it finishes the ALR update 100% from the status bar, but why it gets sluggish right after that with nothing to compute? Looks like a bug.

Update on this. The freezing comes from ticking either auto-calculate setting or auto-apply tickbox for a preset. If I do not tick both tickboxes I don't get such freezing, but still it can't show the tag values stably. I get a completely empty main panel for a tab with that column added.

WimYogya

Hello,

Since Boroda74 has not logged in for a long time, would anybody else be able and willing to help me with the MB error message that I get when I try to change a setting that I can USE but not CHANGE PERMANENTLY?

This is the message:
System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Users\Wim\AppData\Roaming\MusicBee\ASR Presets\2acc97f0-bd50-476a-8f2a-680eedca8985.ASR Preset.xml' is denied.

I use this feature very often - and every time I have to change the existing setting 'vocals' into 'performers'.
Any trick to 'stick' it?

Thanks,
Wim
WimYogya
retired Dutchman (1944) in Yogyakarta, Indonesia

redwing

System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Users\Wim\AppData\Roaming\MusicBee\ASR Presets\2acc97f0-bd50-476a-8f2a-680eedca8985.ASR Preset.xml' is denied.

You don't have permission to access the file. Google how to change permissions on files/folders.
BTW if you encounter such issues often, I'd recommend using a portable installation.

WimYogya

You don't have permission to access the file. Google how to change permissions on files/folders.

I checked the permissions. I have all possible permissions, I think - including ownership...
Not very familiar with these matters, but that is what I see...

Could the problem perhaps be a corrupt file?
This is what happened:
I checked for the file with my program Everything. At the given location I found TWO files with that name but could NOT access them.
Deleting one of them did not help. And once one of the two were deleted, the given file could not be found inside the appdata folder.

Then I found the same file in one of my backup files. It could be accessed without a problem.
So I copy/pasted it to the appdata folder. Ran the preset again. Same error message: no access...

Any other solution?
Thanks...
Last Edit: November 25, 2017, 01:02:05 PM by WimYogya
WimYogya

redwing

Do you have the issue for only that preset or other presets as well (that are in your AppData folder)?

WimYogya

Found it - I think!
But do NOT understand how it could happen.
Problem was not the preset's permissions, but the fact that it had been set as READ ONLY.
For sure NOT by me: I didn't even know that such file existed.

After your question I experimented with other presets, found out that from within the AppData folder THOSE could be changed/saved.
Only 2acc97f0-bd50-476a-8f2a-680eedca8985.ASR Preset.xml could NOT be saved and the reason was given: READ ONLY.
So I removed the checkmark, tried new changes, and now it seems all ok.

It was a bit of a detour, but thanks to your suggestions and question I found the cause of the trouble.
Thanks a LOT!

Ciao!
Wim

PS:
If I may bother you with a new (recent) issue, can you tell me if you have the sorting problem as me:
The result of a click on the column header DATE ADDED does not give the expected result. It is confusing and messy. If I add 4 cd's of the same opera album ONE BY ONE in the order 1-2-3-4 the DATE ADDED result downwards should be 4-3-2-1, but it is not. Can be 2-4-3-1 or 3-1-4-2 or anything. Looks as if the sort order feature looks at the DATE only, not (correctly) at the TIME.
And one or more of the 4 cd's can even be displayed BELOW tracks that were added earlier in time...
Is that the same with you?
WimYogya

redwing

The result of a click on the column header DATE ADDED does not give the expected result. It is confusing and messy. If I add 4 cd's of the same opera album ONE BY ONE in the order 1-2-3-4 the DATE ADDED result downwards should be 4-3-2-1, but it is not. Can be 2-4-3-1 or 3-1-4-2 or anything. Looks as if the sort order feature looks at the DATE only, not (correctly) at the TIME.
And one or more of the 4 cd's can even be displayed BELOW tracks that were added earlier in time...

If you just click on the Date Added column header, that will still take care of sorting tracks within each album, also affected by your view settings. To sort solely by date added, create a custom sorting with that field and select that as sort by setting in Tracks view.

barlet

I am getting the message " Unable to initialise the plugin. Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation." when trying to enable the additional tools in the portable version of MB version 3.1.6529. This message does not appear on the desktop version of the MB and the plugin works correctly. Can anyone please direct me to the file which may be creating this error message in the portable version?

Thanks a lot

cynflux

Getting the following error when attempting to add the plugin:

-----------------------------------------------

Unable to save due to the following error:
Found invalid data while decoding.

------------------------------------------------

gdog

New to the forum, and I apologize if I'm asking something that has already been answered. I read thru the thread and search all the forums and can't seem to find the same issue described.

I'm in the process of importing music into MB, and when I have some music sitting in the INBOX I use the "Auto-Tag by Track" - "Identify and Update Tags". That's fine, but now I want to add/append a new genre to all the music in the INBOX.  Note: I want to retain the auto-tagged genres - do not want to replace what is already there.

for Example
STARTING POINT
file name      -  Artist   -  Title   -  Genre
123.mp3      -  Alpha   -  123    -  Vocal
Shout.mp3   -  Bravo   -  Shout -  Rock
ABD.mp3     -  Charlie  -  ABD   -  R&B
xyz.mp3      -  Delta     - Xyz     -  Pop; R&B

DESIRED STATE, where I want to add a new genre called NEW GENRE
file name      -  Artist   -  Title   -  Genre
123.mp3      -  Alpha   -  123    -  NEW GENRE; Vocal
Shout.mp3   -  Bravo   -  Shout -  NEW GENRE; Rock
ABD.mp3     -  Charlie  -  ABD   -  NEW GENRE; R&B
xyz.mp3      -  Delta     - Xyz     -  NEW GENRE; Pop; R&B

I've tried using the "Copy Tag" feature of the ADDITIONAL TAGGING AND REPORTING TOOLS plugin, configurations:
- using "Append source tag to the end..." -  I end up with ->  Vocal; NEW GENRE; Vocal    <--  Note that now there are 2 entries of original  Genre in the Genre field
- using "Add source Tag to the beginning..." -- same issue of duped genre entries

Let me know if I'm missing something.
I'll also try to post a picture so people can see what I'm trying to do with my specific example and configuration settings.

Thx

redwing

I've tried using the "Copy Tag" feature of the ADDITIONAL TAGGING AND REPORTING TOOLS plugin, configurations:
- using "Append source tag to the end..." -  I end up with ->  Vocal; NEW GENRE; Vocal    <--  Note that now there are 2 entries of original  Genre in the Genre field
- using "Add source Tag to the beginning..." -- same issue of duped genre entries

The reason it gets duplicated is it copies the new value to each of the existing genre tag. It would be easily resolved if the command supported "<Genres>" field (rather than <Genre> tag) as a target tag, but it's not available currently.

As a workaround you can use a virtual tag.

Suppose you have new genre value in <Custom5> tag, then create a virtual as follows:

Code
$IsNull(<Custom5>,,<Custom5>"; ")<Genres>

Then add the virtual field to the main panel and verify if the tag value is what you want.

Now use Copy tag command from the virtual tag to genre tag after selecting files.