Author Topic: Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools  (Read 937515 times)

boroda

Something not-so-important that has been triggering some of my overly sensitive brain cells for a while:

In MusicBee's confirmation panels, 'Yes' usually means 'save', 'No' usually means 'don't save':

But AT&RT has confirmation panels that behave differently. (opposite)
E.g. here, contrary to MusicBee's behaviour, 'Yes' means 'don't save'

And 'No' would probably better be labeled as 'cancel'?

I think it would be good if this was aligned with MusicBee's behaviour?

not sure if it's important (or even better), but i've changed this:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/h2t08o9562efboi/mb_TagTools_latest.zip/file

Messiaen

not sure if it's important (or even better), but i've changed this:
I think he meant something more along the lines of "One or more presets ... / Save before closing?"

That wording (and action) would be more consistent with MB itself, so it'd be a change in procedure as well as the modal wording.  In other words, answering "Yes" is a positive action (Saving), instead of forcing the user to go back and choose the other button just to accomplish the same thing.

Or maybe an overall-checkbox like "Always save changes when closing" to optionally do away with the whole question in the first place, so everything becomes a "last used" paradigm by default.  Sometimes I get confused by the current modal and I have to think back about what I changed, only to realise it wasn't something important (like a preset definition itself), but just a minor thing like I trimmed an <Album Artist> instead of a <Title>.
Last Edit: July 09, 2023, 11:03:52 PM by Messiaen

boroda

Ahh, ok. i've changed message text to "do you want to save changes?" and have made 3 buttons: yes, no, cancel.  clicked button is remembered and will be the default button next time, so you can press "enter" key on the keyboard to use the last choice.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/h2t08o9562efboi/mb_TagTools_latest.zip/file

Messiaen

Curiously, pressing the Cancel button is also remembered (not a complaint! - just an observation).  I wonder what MS's suggested UI behaviour tips would say about that.  :)

Thanks, a small but useful improvement.  :)

boroda

Curiously, pressing the Cancel button is also remembered (not a complaint! - just an observation).

it's intentional, but I did it without thinking too much  :D
do you think it's worth to disable this?

Messiaen

do you think it's worth to disable this?
God no, don't worry about it.  Besides, it's important to cater for the more indecisive users who get confused about what colour socks to wear on a Thursday.  Everyone needs a little love, especially those who fall into their own decision-loops.  ;D

hiccup

Ahh, ok. i've changed message text to "do you want to save changes?" and have made 3 buttons: yes, no, cancel.
Thnx, I think this is much better.
(no more need to read the panel message twice before clicking a button  ;-)

Tinidazone

The Plugin is very useful I see it now (Much appreciation 🫂) - rewriting the song titles to Spotify guidelines is a hassle without ASR**
My Problem.
1. I have set a hotkey to open the plug windows (Alt+D)
2. I have my custom Present
3. I checked the tick the assigning hotkey for the preset (hoping it is ALT+D)

Expectation: The preset would run to the selected tracks, silently without opening the ASR window

what should I do to reach the expectation?

**I just realize most of the songs scrobble to LastFM are from Spotify (you can tell that cause Spotify does not use "( )" on remixes & other releases, Apple & Deezer does. Spotify uses " - "    also is because
** I use the "music bee sync to Service" plugin  to sync Musicbee & spotify  Playlist a lot (SpoBee - I call that)
I wear shades 😎 cuz you're just too bright 🔆

hiccup

3. I checked the tick the assigning hotkey for the preset (hoping it is ALT+D)
No, after having ticked the hotkey checkbox for a preset, you then need to assign a specific hotkey to it in MusicBee itself.

(the hover-over tip tool explains that)

Depending on the version of MusicBee/AT&RT you may need to restart MusicBee before you will find the preset in the hotkeys list.

Note that if you have ticked the checkbox in front of the preset, the preset will be applied automatically continuously. So be careful with that!
Last Edit: July 15, 2023, 07:43:00 AM by hiccup

boroda

an illustration to what hiccup has written:

Last Edit: July 15, 2023, 05:52:23 PM by boroda

Tinidazone

:)  :)  :)  :)  :)

🙏🙏🙏Thanks, both of you. It is working perfectly 🥂

Tinidazone

Please bear with me
I have another issue - I wanna create another (2nd) preset [proving very challenging since the first present was a very slight modification of the one that come out of the box] I cant learn regex at moment I even asked Bing AI - IT DID NOT WORK(IT MISSED SOME STEPS AND OTHERS) HENCE WHY AM HERE.

Expectation:
1. If the <tag> contains the word "remix" in it then find the first opened bracket "(" and replace it with " - " and then the closing bracket ")" which is usually accompanied by the word remix is removed

and this is what I want it to be

2. if possible in another presets I wanna be able to have control on that word "remix" sometimes it might not be it
Last Edit: July 15, 2023, 09:59:54 PM by Tinidazone

boroda

bing suggestion for your prompt (on 1st screenshot) must work. tiny correction: maybe you should enter "$2- Remix" (without space after $2) in the replace field (instead of proposed by bing "$2 - Remix").

for 2: could you be more specific? give me some examples, which don't work for you now.

Tinidazone

Thanks, Boroda

I tried it, and it was still fruitless

I have listed the steps (1-3) that i approached. i tried to work on a title for a trial and it did NOT work.
(it displayed nothing on the console for the trial)

on step 3: there is a single space between "-" and "R" ---> $2- Remix

boroda

in steps 2 & 3 look on the right side: you've selected "search in tag: <temp 1>" and "replace with to tag <temp 1>".

you need to select <tag 1> instead of <temp 1> on both steps. also, you can select tag <title> instead of <temp 1>, but then you won't be able to quickly change this tag without opening preset editor (<tag #> pseudo-tag can be reassigned to any actual tag directly in asr main window).

they are not "steps" in terms of asr, just "search settings" and "replace settings". every "asr step" has the own search/replace settings, and "asr steps" are executed in sequence, one after another.
Last Edit: July 16, 2023, 05:07:03 AM by boroda