Author Topic: Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools  (Read 935929 times)

hiccup

Instead, it turns out that the file I tried to use had a different colon sign (in ascii I guess?)
Far as I know the colon is identical between utf8 and ascii, so I am guessing something else was going on.
Anyway, great that you have it working now.

Johan_A_M

Far as I know the colon is identical between utf8 and ascii, so I am guessing something else was going on.
Anyway, great that you have it working now.

Strange, right? This is the colon from Boom Boom followed by the one from the file. Obviously different, but I assume they're both are just alternate versions of the colon and not different characters

∶ :

In any way, perhaps it would be better to have a preset where one could enter the breaking character in <custom text>?

hiccup

Strange, right? This is the colon from Boom Boom followed by the one from the file. Obviously different, but I assume they're both are just alternate versions of the colon and not different characters
∶ :
Interesting indeed.
One of them seems to be the symbol/character for 'ratio'.
I never knew that.
It shouldn't be hard to edit the regex to catch both.

phred

• Global Moderator
Glad to hear you've got it all figured out. You put your Sherlock Holmes hat to good use.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

The Incredible Boom Boom

∶ :

In any way, perhaps it would be better to have a preset where one could enter the breaking character in <custom text>?

It is hella annoying when you discover non-standard characters are used in tags. The most annoying one is some dash that MusicBrainz Picard always wants to insert in place of the normal one, because they are visually identical.

As for the Custom Text option, we'll have to wait for @boroda to clarify, as I have no idea how to use that option. 😅

DQ

Can the ASR tool search for the occurrence of one tag within another?
Example: Can I use it to look if the value in the 'Artist' field also exists in the 'Album artist' field?
I can't find an example doing this in the presets.

hiccup

I don't know if AT&RT can do this by itself.
But as a guess:
Virtual tags can do this, so perhaps it's possible to configure a virtual tag to do the matching part, and then let AT&RT write an actual (or custom) tag using that virtual tag as a source?

DQ

Hello Hiccup
I was actually trying to do it the other way around because I can't get my virtual tag to work as I want. So I was hoping the use the $ASR function as a workaround
Basically I want to remove the name of the album artist in the album field.
But when I do $RxReplace(<Album>,<Album Artist>,"DQ") it inserts 'DQ' between every two characters. So it matches an empty string. (and the name of the artist isn't removed)
It looks like this is the same problem I encountered before where it was not possible to use a function or tag as second or third parameter for other functions.
If you have any suggestion...

hiccup

It looks like this is the same problem I encountered before where it was not possible to use a function or tag as second or third parameter for other functions.
If you have any suggestion...
You are talking about this I guess?:
https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=35639.0

I have no solution for that. We can only hope that Steven sees a purpose in this and grants the wish someday.

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
Basically I want to remove the name of the album artist in the album field...
But when I do $RxReplace(<Album>,<Album Artist>,"DQ")...
Do you mind providing an example of one of the album names you would like changed?
If I'm getting this right, you want the album name Encore [Eminem] to change to Encore [DQ]? Is that right?
I already spend hours on end on social media. Might as well spare a few of those to a greater purpose here.

hiccup

If I'm getting this right, you want the album name Encore [Eminem] to change to Encore [DQ]? Is that right?
In this thread it is described what DQ is aiming to achieve:
https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=35629.0

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
But when I do $RxReplace(<Album>,<Album Artist>,"DQ") it inserts 'DQ' between every two characters.
Back here, are you supposed to be using $RxReplace or $Replace?
I don't think $RxReplace is being used correctly there.
Those two are different functions (even though they achieve the same thing, they work differently).

Edit: Did more testing and apparently, $RxReplace should still work, even with the same input as that of $Replace.

$RxReplace(<Album>, abc, DQ) produces the same result as $Replace(<Album>, abc, DQ)
$RxReplace(<Album>,<Album Artist>, DQ) does not produce the same result as $Replace(<Album>,<Album Artist>, DQ)

I now understand what you mean by this:
Last Edit: November 13, 2021, 04:17:55 PM by Mayibongwe
I already spend hours on end on social media. Might as well spare a few of those to a greater purpose here.

DQ

Hello Mayibongwe
Something like that (but without the DQ, that was only to make it more visible)
Basically I want to remove the artists name from the title regardless of where it appears.
Some samples: (sorry for the misalignement, I used colors to make it more readible)

Album - Album artist = Desired result
African Chill - African Chill
Joe Cocker - Greatest hits Joe Cocker Greatest hits
The best of ABBA ABBA The best of
Best Elvis Presley Music Ever Elvis Presley Best Music Ever
Bob Dylan's Greatest Hits Bob Dylan Greatest Hits
Ultimate Prince Prince Ultimate
Klara - Muziek voor de 4 elementen - Klara - Muziek voor de 4 elementen
Wagner - Meesterlijke melodieën Wagner Meesterlijke melodieën

(I use a hyphen as 'Album artist' to flag compilations as otherwise MusicBee replaces it with the 'Artist')

I found a solution by first replacing the artist name with a fixed text and then use that in the RxReplace.
I have to use RxReplace because I also need to remove trailing or preceding spaces, hyphens or 's
So I came up with
$RxReplace($Replace(<Album title>,$Split(<Album Artist>,",",1),DQ),"(( - )?DQ( - | |’s)?)","")
(The reason I split the <Album artist>  is because 'Wagner' is actually 'Wagner, Richard')
This is actually part of a larger expression to group my albums in the albums & tracks view

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
$RxReplace($Replace(<Album title>,$Split(<Album Artist>,",",1),DQ),"(( - )?DQ( - | |’s)?)","")
Does that work well? I'm getting a fail at "lbum title>,$Split(<Album Artist>,",",1),DQ),"(( - )?DQ( - | |’s)?)","")"

Edit: I see it now. I should be using <album> in place of <album title>.
Last Edit: November 13, 2021, 04:43:45 PM by Mayibongwe

DQ

Yes, 'Album title' is another virtual tag.
Thanks for helping out.