Author Topic: Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools  (Read 930050 times)

Johan_A_M

Hi

I'd like to copy everything before (or after) a certain character to another tag, using only a single step. Would this be possible to do via Multiple S&R? This title could serve as an example:

Concerto no. 4 in E major, RV 263a∶ II. Largo

I'd like to copy everything before the ":" to the <set subtitle>. As of now, I use the Copy Tags, and then the ATRT command "remove after...", but I'd like to everything in a single step if possible.

All help much appreciated!
Last Edit: November 02, 2021, 08:17:01 PM by Johan_A_M

The Incredible Boom Boom

Hi

I'd like to copy everything before (or after) a certain character to another tag, using only a single step. Would this be possible to do via Multiple S&R? This title could serve as an example:

Concerto no. 4 in E major, RV 263a∶ II. Largo

I'd like to copy everything before the ":" to the <set subtitle>. As of now, I use the Copy Tags, and then the ATRT command "remove after...", but I'd like to everything in a single step if possible.

All help much appreciated!

I've never even clicked on the option until now.
But, it doesn't seem so.
You have to use the Advanced Search & Replace.
An expression you could use in the "Search for:" input box is...
Code
^(.+):[\s\S]*?$
...and "Replace with:"
Code
$1

Then, in Step 2, put...
Code
^[\s\S]*?:\s
...into the first input box and leave the second one blank.

Johan_A_M

You have to use the Advanced Search & Replace.
An expression you could use in the "Search for:" input box is...
Code
^(.+):[\s\S]*?$
...and "Replace with:"
Code
$1

Then, in Step 2, put...
Code
^[\s\S]*?:\s
...into the first input box and leave the second one blank.

Thanks Boom Boom for helping out!
Sorry though, but I can't figure out how to get it to work. Here's how I entered everything:

but then when I use the preset, it can't find any files. I haven't used the advanced search and replace before (quite obviously...), so I'd appreciate any nudge in the right direction regarding what I'm doing wrong.

The Incredible Boom Boom

but then when I use the preset, it can't find any files. I haven't used the advanced search and replace before (quite obviously...), so I'd appreciate any nudge in the right direction regarding what I'm doing wrong.

You need to set the tags you want to manipulate using the dropdown forms on the right side of the pop-up window.

phred

• Global Moderator
but then when I use the preset, it can't find any files.
First select the files to be changed > then open AS&R  > select the preset > preview (to make sure it doing what you want) > apply > save.

DO NOT check the box next to the preset as that will AUTOMATICALLY apply the present to everything in your library.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Johan_A_M

You need to set the tags you want to manipulate using the dropdown forms on the right side of the pop-up window.
First select the files to be changed > then open AS&R  > select the preset > preview (to make sure it doing what you want) > apply > save.
DO NOT check the box next to the preset as that will AUTOMATICALLY apply the present to everything in your library.
Sorry, I still can't get it to work. In the Preset Editor, I'm guessing that I should set <Tag 1> to writable? And should I change "corresponds to" from <Null> to something else? Further, I guess I don't need <Tag 2>, nor <Custom text 1>? I do have a file selected, but when I click Preview, it's empty.

phred

• Global Moderator
I do have a file selected, but when I click Preview, it's empty.
If you're not seeing anything in the preview, and you have file(s) selected, that means nothing in the selection meets the criteria of the preset's 'search' entry.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

Johan_A_M

If you're not seeing anything in the preview, and you have file(s) selected, that means nothing in the selection meets the criteria of the preset's 'search' entry.
Ok, so here's a file that I'm trying to use the preset on:

I've entered the following in the editor:

But when I use it like this:

I get nothing.
Last Edit: November 10, 2021, 02:24:22 PM by Johan_A_M

phred

• Global Moderator
I get nothing.
Correct.

As BoomBoom said in Reply #2419:
Right now they're showing as <Temp 1> when they should be the tag you're looking to change.
In Step 1, change the line "Search for" from <Temp 1> to <Tag 1>.
And in the line "Replace with" from  <Temp 1> to <Tag 2>.

I think you don't need what you have in Step 2 as you've got search criteria but you don't have a replace with criteria.
Last Edit: November 10, 2021, 02:38:40 PM by phred

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

hiccup

Sorry, I still can't get it to work. In the Preset Editor, I'm guessing that I should set <Tag 1> to writable? And should I change "corresponds to" from <Null> to something else? Further, I guess I don't need <Tag 2>, nor <Custom text 1>? I do have a file selected, but when I click Preview, it's empty.

I believe The Incredible Boom Boom's solution should be applied like this:

hiccup

I think you don't need what you have in Step 2 as you've got search criteria but you don't have a replace with criteria.
The blank line in 2 makes it so that what matches the regex in line 1 gets blanked.

phred

• Global Moderator
The blank line in 2 makes it so that what matches the regex in line 1 gets blanked.
Thanks for the clarification.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

Johan_A_M

I believe The Incredible Boom Boom's solution should be applied like this:

[/quote]
And whatabout the area above this, the "<Tag 1> is Not used/Writable/Readable corresponds to ..."? I'm trying using both nothing, or filling in writable and then e.g. <Title>. Thanks for helping out you too Hiccup, as you can see, I'm way in over my head :)

hiccup

And whatabout the area above this, the "<Tag 1> is Not used/Writable/Readable corresponds to ..."? I'm trying using both nothing, or filling in writable and then e.g. <Title>. Thanks for helping out you too Hiccup, as you can see, I'm way in over my head :)
I have it set to 'not used', which will grey out all other fields in that top panel.
Be aware that the brilliant mind that created this plugin is not a native-English speaker, so 'not used' should probably not be taken literally.
I am guessing it means something along the lines of 'leave as is'.
(somebody with a deeper and better understanding of this plugin: please correct me if I am wrong. I am also a non-native English speaker)
Last Edit: November 10, 2021, 07:47:09 PM by hiccup

Johan_A_M

@The Incredible Boom Boom, @phred and @hiccup, thanks for helping out! It turns out the reason I couldn't get it to work wasn't all me being stupid. Instead, it turns out that the file I tried to use had a different colon sign (in ascii I guess?). When I copy-pasted the colon from your suggestion Boom Boom, it worked perfectly fine!
That adds another aspect - how would I go about to be able to fill in the breaking character in <custom text 1> instead?