Author Topic: Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools  (Read 917253 times)

Tybot

Anyone know if it's possible to sort multi-value tags alphabetically somehow? I have a custom tag called <TrackInfo>, some with only one value and some with multiple values. The multiple ones are not ordered and very inconsistent.

Looking to turn this: [take 1]; [extended]; [5.1 mix]
Into this: [5.1 mix]; [extended]; [take 1]

boroda

How to get rid of this annoying error? I searched the forum, but I understand nothing of what I found about it.

"Some tag names are duplicated". Plugin is not properly initialized.

Sorry, I have no clue.

I had to turn off that plugin because of this error.

Hopefully, I can find the answer because this is a really helpful and great plugin.
plugin wont work correctly if you see this message. go to mb menu> edit> prefs> tags (1)> custom tags> define new tags> configure fields. make sure that all tag names are unique.

boroda

https://i.imgur.com/mbMCrct.jpg

Is there a way to print exactly the way the Library Report shows album artist, album, artwork when I run "preview"? See image attached.

If I try to do any or the exports HTML, CSV, M3U, TXT I don't get the same results. Under CSV, M3U, TXT i lose the album thumbnail. If I save under any of the HTML I get the Album thumbnails but no album artist or album, just the JPG info under the thumbnail.

The way the "Library Reports" generates the list before any export is what I am hoping to be able to print. It's alphabetized and simple, just album, artist and thumbnail. 

Thank you
suggest that you are looking in some subfolder of the folder where you saved html. find html file in upper folder.

un-imaginative

Hi boroda,

I am having several issues with ASR tool; both Change Case and Advanced Search & Replace. (Version 5.2 from Official Add-In page)
I'm unsure if there is something wrong with the tool, or possibly folder permissions on my PC but I have been unable to solve the problems.

There are two clear issues I'm having, and both seem to be related to the settings.xml located in user files:

Issue 1 - Change case ignoring some excepted words, but not others:
It seems that only words located in the default list under <exceptionWords> in mb_TagTools.Settings.xml work here.
If I delete/add a word such as 'and', 'for' or 'but' it will work, but other words are ignored (see example).

The word 'out' not being detected.

Removing the word 'and' causing it to change case as expected.

Issue 2 -  'Set as default for Advanced Search & Replace preset' buttons located in Change Case do not work:
Despite setting '(' as a character in 'Except for words after symbols' list or '-' as a word splitter and pressing the button ASR will ignore those settings.
I managed to set '-' as a word splitter by manually editing <wordSplittersASR> (default setting is 'ASR'), but was unable to get ASR to detect brackets, etc.

Any advice you can give on how I can solve this would be great.

Edit: It seems like I misunderstood and Word Breaks don't force a capital, is it possible to add this feature (for example first letter after a bracket is always capitalised)?

I'm still having issues with the change case tool not syncing settings to ASR correctly.
Last Edit: June 05, 2020, 05:08:59 AM by un-imaginative

SpirosG

Hi Boroda,

Any chance to add a function to convert ID3 tags from v2.3 to v2.4?

JMuller

Is there a way to import a list of tags to be replaced? I have hundreds of tags in the following format:
tagBefore1;tagAfter1
tagBefore2;tagAfter2

Advanced Search & Replace handles only up to 5 tags, and they can only be input manually.

Edit: Found another solution, see here.
Last Edit: June 20, 2020, 05:23:05 PM by JMuller

hamlet35

I've searched and searched on the form and I think my keyword is too short and vague to find what I'm looking for - so I apologize in advance if this has been answered fifty million times already but ....

I am looking to update and split my artists field using search and replace in Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools - I have the commas working and the "/" and the "&" but the word "and" or "And" is causing issues with a Name like "Nancy Anderson" - it's changing and splitting it into "Nancy" and "erson".  I was thinking I could just do it by case, but some of the tags have "And" not "and" for the word.

Thanks for any help - I'm sure I am missing something that is already there, but I can't figure it out.

The Incredible Boom Boom

I've searched and searched on the form and I think my keyword is too short and vague to find what I'm looking for - so I apologize in advance if this has been answered fifty million times already but ....

I am looking to update and split my artists field using search and replace in Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools - I have the commas working and the "/" and the "&" but the word "and" or "And" is causing issues with a Name like "Nancy Anderson" - it's changing and splitting it into "Nancy" and "erson".  I was thinking I could just do it by case, but some of the tags have "And" not "and" for the word.

Thanks for any help - I'm sure I am missing something that is already there, but I can't figure it out.

Not exactly sure how splitting tags with the plug-in works, but if using regular expressions, add "\s" after "and" or if not simply use "and "

Corliss Rain

I am looking to update and split my artists field using search and replace in Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools - I have the commas working and the "/" and the "&" but the word "and" or "And" is causing issues with a Name like "Nancy Anderson" - it's changing and splitting it into "Nancy" and "erson".  I was thinking I could just do it by case, but some of the tags have "And" not "and" for the word.

The simplest solution would be to do a serch and replace for " and " in the artist field and replace it with " & ". Then "and" won't be an issue.

The Incredible Boom Boom

EDIT: Disregard.

For the last few days, I've been trying to use the plugin's $Len() function with the built-in $If() function and have been running into an issue.

Let's say $Len(<Composer>) is 8.
Code
$If($Len(<Composer>)=8,T,F)
$If($Len(<Composer>)>0,T,F)
$If($Len(<Composer>)>7,T,F)
...all should return "T," which they do.

Code
$If($Len(<Composer>)>9,T,F)
...correctly returns "F."

Code
$If($Len(<Composer>)>10,T,F)
...incorrectly returns "T." From then on, all numbers up to 79 return "T" when then they should be false. If I insert a leading zero ahead of $Len()...

Code
$If(0$Len(<Composer>)>79,T,F)
...I get the correct result "F."

Is $Len() is returning the number as a string?
Last Edit: August 14, 2020, 02:25:41 PM by The Incredible Boom Boom

ParaGnosis

Information:

Musicbee Version: 3.3.7491 Store

Plugins Used: Additional Tagging Tools - Version: 5.0.7049

Hi folks,

I'm having issues with the Additional Tagging Tools plugin and auto-rating my tracks in Musicbee.

It seems to be working mostly fine, except for the fact that occasionally some of my tracks are being rated at very high values; 50 being the highest.

I'm very confused as to how a track can be rated at 50 when (to the best of my knowledge) the rating is out of 5.

Here is a screenshot of the settings I'm using to auto-rate my tracks.

Side Issue: I'm not sure what settings would be best to use so if anyone has any better suggestions on that then let me know.

Attached is a Google Sheets spreadsheet with my entire library in it with the information as follows;

1. Album Artist (Displayed)
2. Album
3. (Track) Title
4. (Date) Last Played
5. DateValue - converts date into format where I can calculate the number of days since a track is played)
6. Days Since Played
7. Rating
8. Custom8 - Number of plays per day (calculated by Auto-rate)
9. Average value(Play Count/URL)
10. Average value(Skip Count/URL)
11. Average value(Rating/URL)
12. Todays Date (Will automatically update as each day passes)

The Spreadsheet is https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15OYaYM4ARKX_XOPDNNY2M_6niFdoJspqwL9htidA3Ro/edit?usp=sharing

If anyone has any ides or help with this issue then that would be amazing!

Like I said, the auto-rating mostly seems to be working fine, it's just some random, very high values that have got me really, really, confused.

phred

• Global Moderator
I moved your post from Questions to the Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools thread so the author would have a better chance of seeing it. That being said, he hasn't been on the forum for the past three months. Hopefully someone will be able to offer some suggestions.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

alec.tron

Hi,
re this:
https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=3833.msg140371#msg140371

Does arithemtic operations work with Search & Replace ?

I'm attempting (on Tag1 = 160)
Step 1
Search for:
^(.*)
Replace with:
$Div($1,2)

Results in:
"$Div($1,2)"
not
which I was attempting for...

Where's my brainfart here... does S&R not work with the arithmetic operations...? or is my syntax messed...?
Churs.
c.

KLGavin

Hi, just got the error message below when trying to get ASR plugin installed & working properly. Probably something I've done wrong somewhere in installing. I installed MusicBee (Windows 10) from the full installer pack, downloaded the ASR plugin and copied the files to the Plugins folder.

MusicBee v3.3.7491.38139D  (Win10.0), 4 Sep 2020 10:34:

System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at MusicBeePlugin.SettingsPlugin.InitializeComponent()
   at MusicBeePlugin.SettingsPlugin..ctor(Plugin TagToolsPluginParam, PluginInfo aboutParam)
   at MusicBeePlugin.Plugin.Configure(IntPtr panelHandle)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
   at #=zHqthFCuvsWP5aw_SIg==.#=zmnQgvZ0=(IntPtr #=zBcSYWJaalro8)

phred

• Global Moderator
downloaded the ASR plugin and copied the files to the Plugins folder.
Make sure there is sub-directory "ASR Presets" exists in the Plugins directory. And that mb_TagTools.dll exists in the Plugins directory.

Does "additional tagging tools" show up under Preferences > Plugins? If so what happens when you click on "Configure"?

You might to wait for the plugin's author to check in with suggestions. But note that he hasn't been on the forum since May and is (was) usually very responsive.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here