Author Topic: Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools  (Read 917352 times)

Johan_A_M

Hi @boroda!

I had some problems with ASR freezing after/while applying the Remove month and day from release date-preset. According to the status bar, 100% of the files are read, but then nothing happens, and MB becomes unresponsive. Anyway, I thought I should re-install ATRT but when I uninstall it from the plugin menu in Edit I get this error msg:

Code
MusicBee v3.3.7199.32952D  (Win10.0), 27 Sep 2019 9:26:

System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.IO.IOException: The directory is not empty.

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.Directory.DeleteHelper(String fullPath, String userPath, Boolean recursive, Boolean throwOnTopLevelDirectoryNotFound, WIN32_FIND_DATA& data)
   at System.IO.Directory.Delete(String fullPath, String userPath, Boolean recursive, Boolean checkHost)
   at MusicBeePlugin.Plugin.Uninstall()
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
   at #=zNb5JX7ZJ08AFj0dTBw==.#=zXvQGTro=()

Do you have any idea as of how to move on? I could of course delete all files manually, but maybe this error msg gives some clue as to what's not working?

Very best
J

boroda

exception is fixed:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/h2t08o9562efboi/mb_TagTools_latest.zip/file

for asr i don't know why freezing is happened, but i'll to fix this if you can reliably reproduce it.

Johan_A_M

exception is fixed:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/h2t08o9562efboi/mb_TagTools_latest.zip/file

for asr i don't know why freezing is happened, but i'll to fix this if you can reliably reproduce it.

Great boroda, thanks! Please let me know what I need to do to reproduce it. As it is now, I select an album (I have tried a couple of different, on 2 different hard drives), and select the Remove month...preset. On preview, everything looks fine, with the yyyy-mm-dd being exchanged to yyyy. Then on apply, all files are listed appropriately, and buttons change to Stop/Save all/Hide, but I can't see that anything is happening. None of the files' switches from checkmark to the filled black square, and the ATRT window becomes unresponsive. I can see the status bar in MB and it says Advanced searching and replacing (reading):100%. Nothing happens for now 20 minutes and I have to end MB task in task manager. Note though that Windows Task Manager does not report MB as Not responding.

Please let me know if there's anything else I can provide. Nothing is noted in the MB error log.

boroda

can you pm me one of music files, which can't be processed?

boroda

@Johan_A_M, rename mb_tagtools.dll to something like mb_tagtools.dll.bak for backup purposes, then unzip this archive to "Plugins" folder and overwrite all files:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/ufh99qf34u441n2/mb_TagTools_ASR_debug.zip/file

run the preset in question for 1 test music file. you'll see a series of message boxes with numbers 1, 2, 3, etc. post last number you will see.

Johan_A_M

run the preset in question for 1 test music file. you'll see a series of message boxes with numbers 1, 2, 3, etc. post last number you will see.

It's a 6.

Johan_A_M

Bef
and for this version?

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ufh99qf34u441n2/mb_TagTools_ASR_debug.zip/file

Before doing this, can I just ask if this should be done in nthe plugin folder or the appdata folder? Haven't realized that there are two folders with the presets.

boroda

i suspect that almost any plugin commands will freeze for you (eg. copy tag, change case, etc.). if this is the case, then its worst situation because it means that something went wrong with your windows environment (especially with .net framework).

Johan_A_M

i suspect that almost any plugin commands will freeze for you (eg. copy tag, change case, etc.). if this is the case, then its worst situation because it means that something went wrong with your windows environment (especially with .net framework).

Still 6. Yes, you're right, it has frozen on other presets too. I think I've tried 3-4 different ones and had the same problem. Could I maybe simply reinstall .net? My version seems to be 4.7.2 which apparently is not the latest.

boroda

you have used some other version of plugin. now the displayed number can't be greater than 3.

for reinstalling .net, i would suggest upgrading to latest .net version, just to reinstall current .net version during upgrade.

Johan_A_M

Ah yes, I forgot to .bak ... Will install latest .net and try again afterward.

Johan_A_M

Could it really be that I get none of the message boxes? Most probably I'm doinng something wrong, but just wanted to check. Also, updated to latest .net but to no luck.