Author Topic: Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools  (Read 928375 times)

boroda

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 4595

redwing

  • Guest
Both presets still have some issues.
"Convert all artists with their roles after comma to performers" preset now writes performer tag with role properly. But it doesn't update display artist value. If you can't fix it, just remove the latter steps. I can use two separate presets myself.
"Sort performers by their roles" preset is now working. But it shows weird behavior for any performer with "mezzo-soprano vocals" role. It writes only that performer to artist tag with a value "008 performer name (mezzo-soprano vocals)". If I change the role to something else, it works.

boroda

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 4595

redwing

  • Guest
Thanks!
First one is fixed now.
Second one still has an issue in handling a role with a hyphen. Try with any made-up roles with a hyphen between words. Then it writes some number before performer name and writes it as artist tag.

boroda

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 4595
second preset is working fine for me and i dont understand how hyphens can affect something (there indeed was a bug, but different bug, not related to hyphens).

redwing

  • Guest
So is it working fine for you with a role having a hyphen between words?

boroda

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 4595
yes, you either haven't remported this preset for some reason or there are different set of conditions that triggers bug.

redwing

  • Guest
There's one more condition.

If you use for the custom text
mezzo-soprano vocals; orchestra
it's fine.

But if you use
mezzo-soprano vocals; soprano vocals
or
mezzo-soprano vocals; soprano
or
mezzo-soprano vocals; vocals
it gives the error.

The difference is the error occurs when a word after the hyphen is used as another role.


boroda

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 4595
redwing, though i cant reproduce 'SYNTAX ERROR!' message, i've found (and fixed) a bug for situation you described:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/h2t08o9562efboi/mb_TagTools_latest.zip


redwing

  • Guest
MSR preset is no longer working. And MSR command window doesn't work for multiple files. Can you reproduce this?

theta_wave

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 680
redwing, though i cant reproduce 'SYNTAX ERROR!' message, i've found (and fixed) a bug for situation you described:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/h2t08o9562efboi/mb_TagTools_latest.zip
I'm getting a thrown exception error when trying to enable it.

OS: Win10 Home
MB Version: 3.1.6590 (Portable version)

I have to admit that I migrated my config files and library from a non-portable version to the portable version.


redwing

  • Guest
I'm getting a thrown exception error when trying to enable it.

Trying deleting the plugin settings file in AppData folder.

theta_wave

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 680
I'm getting a thrown exception error when trying to enable it.

Trying deleting the plugin settings file in AppData folder.

Thanks Redwing.  Deleting the settings file in the AppData folder of MusicBee's portable install (initially transferred over from %AppData%) did the trick.  :)
Last Edit: April 03, 2018, 09:39:27 PM by theta_wave