Author Topic: Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools  (Read 937063 times)

phred

• Global Moderator
phred, i've included this preset to plugin package:
WOW! Thanks very much. I haven't had time to test it yet, but will later today.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

boroda

A few more function requests. No need to hurry:

$Name(abc.def.gh.mp3) returns abc.def.gh

$CutLeft(abcde,2) returns cde (while $Left(abcde,2) returns ab)

$CutRight(abcde,2) returns abc (while $Right(abcde,2) returns de)

$RoundDown(4.28,1) returns 4.2

$RoundUp(5.2,0) returns 6

$Mod(8,3) returns 2

Some of those are only possible using regex or complex formula (to work in all cases), so it will help people to create a template they need right away. Thanks!

http://www.mediafire.com/file/188i0mxfoq4o9bz/mb_TagTools_2018-02-06.zip

redwing

Thanks! I didn't expect you'd implement it that quickly.

Two issues:
$Name should return only filename without last dot and extension. Currently it's no different than <Filename>.
$Mod should return a remainder not a quotient.

boroda

$Mod is fixed:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/188i0mxfoq4o9bz/mb_TagTools_2018-02-06.zip

$Name returns only filename without extension and (if any) path to file for me. check filenames in far or total commander.

redwing

Both issues are fixed now (if I try with the previous version, $Name still shows full filename). Thanks!

Maybe I should rewrite the whole useful formula guide with these new functions. I'll think about that.

phred

• Global Moderator
@boroda74-

While syncing a few thousand tracks to my portable, I noticed that a lot of Albums, Album Artists, and Artists came across as "Name, The" and I had specifically changed that in MB's Sorting Tab. But obviously I missed a lot of them.

Using AT&RT, I was able to get rid of ", The" on thousands of tracks in just a few minutes. But I had to run it three times - once for each tag.

I copied the default preset and tried to add two other tags for a total of three: Sort Album, Sort Album Artist, Sort Artist. But this new preset is only looking at one tag. How can I get it to look at all three tags and if found, remove ", The" from the end of the tag.

phred, i've included this preset to plugin package

Thanks again boroda74!! I'm reporting that this works as expected and better than what I was struggling to create. It's much appreciated.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

redwing

$NumberOfDays function returns floats. Can you make it return integers (just rounding down the rest)?

And I'm not sure $SubDate needs to return mm:ss part too. Why not just return days as integer?
Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 11:58:45 AM by redwing

Freddy Barker

• 🎧 MB 3.4.7628P
$NumberOfDays function returns floats. Can you make it return integers (just rounding down the rest)?

And I'm not sure $SubDate needs to return mm:ss part too. Why not just return days as integer?

Thanks for info, will have a play and see what I can come up with - if anything, as not used the plugin before!

Best regards:  Freddy
Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 12:53:06 PM by Freddy Barker [DIVERSITY FM]

boroda

i'm surprised that it doesn't return integers. i'll fix it.

for $SubDate, what will be the difference with $NumberOfDays, if i make $NumberOfDays to work correctly?

redwing

for $SubDate, what will be the difference with $NumberOfDays, if i make $NumberOfDays to work correctly?

What do you mean? $NumberOfDays returns days from the current date and $SubDate returns days between two given dates?

redwing

$Abs(number) would be also useful that returns absolute value of given number.

phred

• Global Moderator
I'm looking for a way to have AS&R search -any- field. When doing a custom search MB allows the use of "Any Field." Using that I can find any field that has Unicode characters (') and replace them with ASCII ('). Using AS&R I have to do it field by field. Being able to set AS&R to look at any field would really simply the process and set it to be automatically applied whenever it comes across a '.

Thanks.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

boroda

What do you mean? $NumberOfDays returns days from the current date and $SubDate returns days between two given dates?
i'll remake all date functions as i'm not satisfied with current set of functions.

boroda

I'm looking for a way to have AS&R search -any- field. When doing a custom search MB allows the use of "Any Field." Using that I can find any field that has Unicode characters (') and replace them with ASCII ('). Using AS&R I have to do it field by field. Being able to set AS&R to look at any field would really simply the process and set it to be automatically applied whenever it comes across a '.

Thanks.
unfortunately its now too late (too hard) to do this.

phred

• Global Moderator
unfortunately its now too late (too hard) to do this.
Understandable. Thanks.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki