Author Topic: Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools  (Read 936676 times)

Maleko12

OK, did both, and re-downloaded the latest version, but now I have this issue:

Code
MusicBee v1.3.4255.31994 (Win6.1), 26 Aug 2011 21:41:

System.InvalidCastException: Unable to cast object of type 'System.String' to type 'Preset'.
   at MusicBeePlugin.AdvancedSearchAndReplacePlugin.presetList_SelectedIndexChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.CheckedListBox.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.WmReflectCommand(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.CheckedListBox.WmReflectCommand(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.CheckedListBox.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

boroda

Overlooked this issue (hope I'll stop changing preset's format in future). Try this version.

Maleko12

And all is working again! Great and (Steven-like) fast fixing! Thank you!!

OOmatrixOO

I do not understand the auto rating. I have set:

5 stars = 2 plays
4 stars = 1 plays
2 stars = 0 plays

But it still assigns five stars for one play time.

boroda

'Plays per day' equals to '(play count - skip count)/(last played - date added)' (and its a fractional number, i.e. it may be 0.001). I'm doubtful that any track in your library have 'plays per day' value equal to '2' (this would mean that you play this track 2 times per day on the average). You can use max./avg. plays per day hints on the left bottom corner of command window or don't care about 'plays per day' value and just set percentages of your tracks that must have certain auto-rating on the basis of 'pays per day'.
Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 04:31:07 AM by boroda74

OOmatrixOO

'Plays per day' equals to '(play count - skip count)/(last played - date added)' (and its a fractional number, i.e. it may be 0.001). I'm doubtful that any track in your library have 'plays per day' value equal to '2' (this would mean that you play this track 2 times per day on the average). You can use max./avg. plays per day hints on the left bottom corner of command window or don't care about 'plays per day' value and just set percentages of your tracks that must have certain auto-rating on the basis of 'pays per day'.

Hm, I really do not understand.
I want all the unplayed titles get 2 stars and the played tracks are automatically rated higher. What should I set it? Can you possibly show a screenshot?

Thank you.

boroda

You should set 2 stars to 0 'ppd' tracks and other stars for greater 'ppd' values. Notice that standard rating for never played files deals with 'last played' tag - not with 'play count'/'skip count' (i.e. 'never palyed' tracks should have 'Unknown' 'last played' tag value). See auto-rating values in screenshot: 2, 4, 5. For tracks with greater than 0 'ppd' value you can set up percentages of tracks which must have certain rating (but keep in mind that its not always possible to satisfy your conditions for splitting library into groups with different rating (for instance if all tracks in your library have the same 'ppd' value then all tracks will be assigned highest possible rating). In case of usage of percentage you should calculate thresholds manually or every time on startup.

EDIT: I've changed 'auto rate' command behavior for the next update so that if 'play count' is 0 then track is considered to be never played even if 'last played' tag is not equal to 'Unknown'.
Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 12:49:13 AM by boroda74

OOmatrixOO

One question.
I set: store in rating auto tag "rating"
Now it is stored in two different tags. 5 stars in POPULARIMETER and 2 stars in RATING MM.

why not everything in the same tag? I've checked in MP3Tag.

Steven

• Administrator
its a mp3tag display thing - in all cases the tag is saved to POPM (check in the tag inspector)
mp3tag is trying to translate the POPM tag to a mediamonkey rating value
but mediamonkey changed its rating scheme a while ago
if you load the tracks into mediamonkey they should show the correct ratings

OOmatrixOO

yes i checked it in the tag inspector. so it made me so suspicious.
But if it is correct, then I'm satisfied.

thanks
Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 10:58:40 PM by OOmatrixOO

Maleko12

A feature request: For the change case tagging tool (and others if applicable), I would like to see something telling me how many files were updated after everything finished.

boroda

Maleko, yes, its good idea. I thought about some kind of 'statusbar' displaying number of displayed or selected/checked for updating/updated files. I'll try to implement this in future versions.

BeeBeeKing

The presets ASR archive appears to be no longer on mediafire?

ma_t14