Author Topic: Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools  (Read 573811 times)

frankz

Have you ever had it installed before?  Check your MusicBee3Settings.ini file for references to the plugin in locations other than the one it's in now.
A smile is happiness you'll find right under your nose.

cjoprey

• MB Version: 3.4
Thanks @frankz - tried that and it looked OK, but it did show me that there is a file called "mb_TagTools.Settings.xml" in the AppData folder. Deleted that file,moved the entry for tagtools from the musicbee3settings.ini file, and deleted the mb_tagtools.dll in Plugins. Then restarted musicbee and re-added the plugin from the zip file and all is working again - I can only assume a corrupt XML file. Thanks all for the help, and I hope my solution can help others in future. :)

bkev

I'm trying to use this plugin to generate some cool stats from my music library but I'm failing at the first step!

When I load up the Library Reports and try to run one of the default built in presets I get this "No Files in Current View".

Are there any guides on how to make reports using this tool? I'd like to have some basic reports such as: most played songs; most played artists etc etc

frankz

Are there any guides on how to make reports using this tool? I'd like to have some basic reports such as: most played songs; most played artists etc etc
Have you read the aptly-named Readme?
A smile is happiness you'll find right under your nose.

bkev

Have you read the aptly-named Readme?

I did yeah, but it turns out the report wasn't running as I needed to select "All Artists" in "Music" first so it could run a report.

Johan_A_M

Is there a way to remove featured artists from title when files are named "Artist1 - Songname (feat. Artist2)"? I seem to recall that the "Extract feat. artists..." used to do this earlier but now I can't find a way to remove it completely.

dankjankem

Ok so I opened up my MusicBee today and out of nowhere the Additional Tagging and Reporting Tools plugin is just not working or even showing up in the menu. If I go to the tools menu, Additional Tagging and Reporting Tools does not appear underneath "Tagging Tools" like it normally does. How do I fix this? I've lost all of my custom presets because of this :-/

phred

• Global Moderator
Have you looked in the plugins directory to confirm that mb_TagTools.dll exists? If it doesn't try reinstalling the plugin.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.4 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
Check out the MusicBee Wiki.
How to post screenshots is here.

The Incredible Boom Boom

Ok so I opened up my MusicBee today and out of nowhere the Additional Tagging and Reporting Tools plugin is just not working or even showing up in the menu. If I go to the tools menu, Additional Tagging and Reporting Tools does not appear underneath "Tagging Tools" like it normally does. How do I fix this? I've lost all of my custom presets because of this :-/

This has been oddly happening to me too lately. The plugin menu will not be there, then be there. I haven't attempted to reinstall yet.

dankjankem

Have you looked in the plugins directory to confirm that mb_TagTools.dll exists? If it doesn't try reinstalling the plugin.

I checked and it was no longer in the directory, but after reinstalling, it has already happened again. Hmmmmm

phred

• Global Moderator
I checked and it was no longer in the directory, but after reinstalling, it has already happened again. Hmmmmm
Whitelist the entire MB directory in your AV/Security software.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.4 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
Check out the MusicBee Wiki.
How to post screenshots is here.