Author Topic: Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools  (Read 936467 times)

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8878 P
the only known bug at the moment is completely vague to me Bee-liever's bug report. i'm neither able to reproduce this nor understand why this would happen.

Woo!  8.1.8881.31436 is almost working perfectly.
LR presets preview and run correctly
$LR(<URL>,function_id) works correctly for virtual tag

Only problem is when you try to use that virtual rag in a playlist or for highlighting, MB becomes unresponsive, eventually needing to shutdown and restarted.
No error log is created.
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

hiccup

@Bee-liever, 1st error means that you have duplicated tracks in the library. it should be fixed now:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/16sid3j34j3da4s/Tagging+Tools_2024-04-25.zip/file
Should that be a non-debugging version that should be used by the 'general population'?

I am asking because two posts lower you offer a download for a debugging version, but this first one also has some .pdb file included, which I assume is for debugging?

boroda

* New virtual tag functions:
Yes I will  ;-)

@hiccup, i've appreciated your joke  ;)

@Bee-liever, 1st error means that you have duplicated tracks in the library. it should be fixed now:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/16sid3j34j3da4s/Tagging+Tools_2024-04-25.zip/file
Should that be a non-debugging version that should be used by the 'general population'?

I am asking because two posts lower you offer a download for a debugging version, but this first one also has some .pdb file included, which I assume is for debugging?

no. i'll upload the release version in a couple of days because Bee-liever's problem seems to be solved. i still need to update documentation (because now the single documentation sources are used for included in plugin .zip .chm files, readme on plugin's add-on page and github documentation).

boroda

Only problem is when you try to use that virtual rag in a playlist or for highlighting, MB becomes unresponsive, eventually needing to shutdown and restarted.

i don't think it's a bug. mostly likely it's just slow. i can re-enable LR function result caching in the plugin (i've commented out this code because MB-native caching is working fine for me), but i'm not sure if it improves situation significantly. do you consider this issue important?

p.s. it's much better to calculate LR functions at startup, saving their results to custom tags to avoid freezes and slowdowns.

btw, i understand what you mean by "use virtual tag for highlighting", but what do you mean by "use virtual tag for playlist"? auto-playlists?

boroda

* New virtual tag functions:
Yes I will  ;-)

@hiccup, here is my common style of virtual tag function descriptions (when these descriptions are not copied from source code  :D ):

$TitleCase(string)
    $TitleCase2(string,excepted_words)
    $TitleCase3(string,excepted_words,word_splitters)
    $TitleCase4(string,excepted_words,word_splitters,exception_chars)

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8878 P
btw, i understand what you mean by "use virtual tag for highlighting", but what do you mean by "use virtual tag for playlist"? auto-playlists?
Yes, in auto-playlists

p.s. it's much better to calculate LR functions at startup, saving their results to custom tags to avoid freezes and slowdowns.
I am running the LR at startup but not saving to custom tag.
Didn't need to do that with old ALR

i don't think it's a bug. mostly likely it's just slow. i can re-enable LR function result caching in the plugin (i've commented out this code because MB-native caching is working fine for me), but i'm not sure if it improves situation significantly. do you consider this issue important?
I think it's more than just being slow - I've waited for almost 2 hours and the virtual tag still wouldn't load into MB.
If I set that same virtual tag as a displayed field it loads as normal and works fine.
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together