Plugin adds several commands to MB main menu:
1. Copy tag
Allows you to copy one tag to another for selected files. It's possible to append one tag to the end of another tag or add one tag to the beginning of another tag placing custom text between them. Also, its possible to use '<Null>' pseudo tag as the source to append static text to the destination tag.
2. Swap tags
Swaps any two tags for selected files.
3. Change case
Changes letter case of a tag according to rather sophisticated rules for selected tracks.
4. Library reports
Allows to export some library statistics for currently displayed tracks to external file: HTML document (as a table), tab delimited text, M3U playlist (its only possible to export file paths to playlists, but considering filtering capability of command this option may be useful). This may be used for reimporting table in spreadsheet editor (including HTML table - it's the easiest way to import track list to MS Excel) for printing statistics or just content of your library, filtered content of library or your playlists.
5. Auto rate
Calculates auto rating on the basis of the number of plays per day for selected tracks. Also, its possible to auto rate all tracks of your library on MusicBee startup or update auto rating if currently played track is changed.
6. Reencode tag
Even ID3V2 tags are usually stored not in UTF encoding (which is independent of language), so in most cases reading ID3 tags is only useful if tags use the same encoding (in general - language) as your windows default encoding. This command allows you to convert any incorrectly interpreted not UTF tags to UTF tags. In this command 'initial encoding' is the suggested actual encoding of tag and the 'used encoding' is incorrectly interpreted encoding of tag (Usually it's your default windows encoding. The only sense to change 'used encoding' is if you get music file from another computer with different regional settings).
7. Advanced search and replace
- 'Advanced search and replace' works only with regular expressions.
- 'Advanced search and replace' has savable/customizable presets.
- Some of 'Advanced search and replace' presets can be automatically applied if any tag is changed.
- 'Advanced search and replace' can search in one tag and make replacement in another tag.
- Single 'Advanced search and replace' preset can make up to 5 subsequent replacements.
- Plugin includes several ASR presets and new presets will be available for download later.
8. Calculate average album ratings
Command averages all the ratings of the individual tracks on the album writing result to an Album rating. Any tags can be used as album and track ratings. This may be useful for calculating average album rating for auto rating stored in custom tag. Provide feedback on this topic.