Author Topic: next random hotkey  (Read 2651 times)

smeulenbeek

Hi, first of all I love Musicbee.

however there are 2 features i kind of miss.
1. Next random track. a assignable hotkey, that chooses a random track to be played next. This way, whenever you're in a fullscreen application for example, you can listen to a album you like, but when you are tired of that particular genre, you just click the shuffle-next button, until you come to a track that you want to listen to, and have the album that track is on play for a while.

2. In the main panel i would like to be able to have different view modes for every tab. so for example, tab 1: track details, second tab: album art.

Anti

For 1), you can make an autoplaylist which creates a list of random albums (there is a new 'group by album feature' in the autoplaylist dialogue). You could then populate the now playing list with it and start it playing. Then when you get tired of an album use the Shift-P hotkey to start playing the next album. If you're in full screen in another application, you will have to make the hotkey global, and perhaps change it to something more elaborate (Eg. shift + ctrl + alt + n) so it won't conflict with other apps or windows.

For 2), I don't understand. Specifying different views for each tab is the main usage.

smeulenbeek

I would like to have different tabs. First tab: track detail view, second tab: artwork view.

I hope i'm a little bit more clear this time haha.

ma_t14

I can open the music library in three separate tabs each having a different view.

What happens when you change the view in one tab? Does the other tab change too?

What version are you using? My version is 1.3.4243. Go to the downloads section in the forum to download the the latest version

Anti

> I would like to have different tabs. First tab: track detail view, second tab: artwork view.

Like this?

EDIT:
Whilst playing around with this just now (I don't usually use tabs much), I noticed that the view setting isn't remembered
if you click around the navigation nodes in different tabs. Steps to replicate:

· In tab1, choose library node and set tab1 to 'album and tracks' view
· In tab2, choose library node and set tab2 to 'artwork' view
· In tab1, click podcast or audiobook node
· In tab2, click podcast or audiobook node
· In tab1, click library again - view changes to 'artwork' when it should still be 'album and tracks'
· In tab2, click library again - now both tabs have synchronised to artwork view

If this is repeated with tab1 starting in 'artwork' view and tab2 starting in 'album and tracks' view, then they end up
both synchronised as 'album and tracks'. I believe this is a bug, and it means that you will keep having to reset the
views on the tabs unless you lock them (right-click -> lock tab).
Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 11:11:23 AM by Anti

smeulenbeek

updated to a newer version and the different library views work now!
thanks a lot!