Author Topic: ID3V2 tags support for AAC files  (Read 4259 times)

RockyMM

I had little exchange with Steven here. I had bunch of AAC files from which MusicBee could not read tag information. It turned out that these files were tagged with ID3v2 tags. I think that Winamp did that on purpose :)

Anyways, I would like to have support for ID3v2 tags in AAC files in MusicBee if it is not too much of a hassle. Thanks! :)

baldor

Hello,
I have the same problem here. I tagged my files with Mp3Tag v2.50 and my AAC tags are not read by MusicBee.
Any solution about this?

Thanks

Antonski

Is there any particular reason to use raw AAC files without mp4 container? Maibe some device support AAC only? But then they should not read Id3v2 tags as well, because this is not a standart, wright?

baldor

The reason that I have to use AAC is the quality. For a long period, I used OGG but since I saw the formats comparison http://www.comparatif-audio.net/compressions-destructives/compressions-en-192-kbps/, I am using AAC files.

What is the matter with AAC tags ? Sorry, I am not an expert :s

Antonski

Well, the raw AAC stream is supposed to be wrapped by mp4 container, which have standartised tag system. There is no standart tags for AAC files. If some player/organiser use ID3V2 tags (or anything else), this is just a workaround.
So, for me there would be more useful if MB suggest to pack the AAC stream into an mp4 container (as Winamp does).
Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 08:08:57 PM by Antonski

VX

Well, the raw AAC stream is supposed to be wrapped by mp4 container, which have standartised tag system. There is no standart tags for AAC files. If some player/organiser use ID3V2 tags (or anything else), this is just a workaround.
So, for me there would be more useful if MB suggest to pack the AAC stream into an mp4 container (as Winamp does).

+1