Author Topic: MusicBee seems to change metadata spontaneously  (Read 467 times)

mvalburg

I’m on a Win11 PC, and use both MusicBee and iTunes, for different purposes. They address the same music folder as their library.  Before starting to use MusicBee, the metadata of all the audio files in the library folder (with sub folders) was in good shape, and iTunes displayed and indexed the collection properly.  After using only MusicBee for an extended period, I had reason to open iTunes again, refreshed the library, and it was a mess. The most obvious problem was that MANY (but not all) album name metadata names had bee switched with album-artist.  I don’t have iTunes set to manage the file structure of the library.

Does MusicBee mess with metadata all on its own?!?

phred

• Global Moderator
Does MusicBee mess with metadata all on its own?!?
Absolutely not. You must have changed something in order for what you describe to happen.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
 I know this was a while ago, but if you end up digging deeper, the tag inspector shows the tags that are actually in the file. That might help track down the problem.

If they are m4a files rather than mp3, that can cause issues with tag compatibility, so tags that were previously not being read might have been uncovered, too.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)