Author Topic: Auto Organise quirk  (Read 314 times)

irshjet

This is more of a nuisance issue but one I would like to solve.  auto-organise is removing a period before the band name ,  if I create a new folder with the band name .38 it gets renamed to just 38,  the tag information is correct and lists correctly in MB, but changes the name of the folder the files are stored. 

I also have 1 track that is doing something similar, except it is removing a dash I have in the band name,  all other tracks remain in the folder with the -   ,  example AC-DC ,  the one track gets moved to a new folder ac dc , no matter what I try,  I even tried to remove and re add the track.    all the tag info is correct and lists correctly in MB

Any suggestions? 

boroda

i think it's a bug, and should be reported on 'bug reports' board.

but, just as a workaround you could insert unicode "zero width space" (U+200B) character before dot in band name. copy this text (including quotes) containing invisible space between quotes to clipboard, paste it at the beginning of 'artist' or 'album artist' tag, and accurately (don't delete invisible space!) delete both quotes: "​"

MotleyG

example AC-DC
Often artists that have a slash or dot have caused issues due to file and folder limitations, and even the slash being used as a common artist separator character. So the original "AC/DC" ends up splitting, or your intentionally misspelled "AC-DC" doesn't look like what is intended. I use the names below in my library and now have no issues. (Note there is actually several alternate characters that can help for almost all needs, on windows use the "Win-." shortcut or open the Character Map program from the start menu)
AC ⁄ DC (the slash is replaced using a "Fraction Slash" U+2044, with leading and trailing "Hair Space" U+200A)
Love ⁄ Hate (same characters as AC ⁄ DC)
+ ⁄ - (same characters as AC ⁄ DC)

As far as .38 Special goes, maybe try something like this?
․38 Special (the dot is replaced using U+2024 one dot leader)

boroda

As far as .38 Special goes, maybe try something like this?
․38 Special (the dot is replaced using U+2024 one dot leader)
yes. good point.

irshjet