Author Topic: Error Dialog Spam After Hibernate  (Read 647 times)

Macyler

Hello,

My computer uses a fiber 10Gb network card, which tends to take an extra few seconds to re-connect to the network after the computer is powered on. I also store all of my music on a network file server (SMB). Whenever I leave MusicBee open and hibernate my computer, I come back to a ton of modal error message dialogs on top of each other, one seemingly for each item I had in the playing tracks list, even though playback was paused before entering hibernate.
It only appears to happen when my computer is hibernated for an extended time (overnight), not if I just leave it for 2 minutes.

Clicking "OK" just shows the next dialog underneath, so I tend to just kill the process from Task Manager to deal with the issue.

I'm on version 3.4.8033.

Steven

• Administrator
was a track playing when hibernating and the error dialogs showing as the track attempts to resume playback, or was no track playing and on resuming your computer you double clicked a track to initiate playback?

Macyler

Hi, thanks for the quick reply.

I was listening to music last night. I paused it, then put the computer into hibernation. When I turned the computer on this morning, these dialogs were present, without me having interacted with MusicBee at all (still paused). It always behaves exactly like this. The only fix is either to click through all the dialogs, or to kill the process.

I've also had it happen when I just left MusicBee running in the background after it finished playing whatever I listened to (i.e. playback stopped completely, just items remaining in the list) and later put the computer into hibernation.

Steven

• Administrator
if not using the store version, could you try this
https://getmusicbee.com/patches/MusicBee35_Patched.zip
unzip and replace the existing musicbee application files

it wont stop the error (due to the files not being temporarily accessible) but hopefully stops the popup

Macyler

I have installed it, the version now says 3.5.8437. I will get back to you tomorrow as to whether this helped.

Thank you for this extremely fast turnaround, even on a dumb issue that probably only affects me with my weird hardware :)

Macyler

That works perfectly. There were no error dialogs, and once the network connection came back up, I was able to hit play and it started with no issue.

Thank you very much!