Author Topic: Musicbee cannot locate any of my files  (Read 303 times)

esparrow

I have the latest Musicbee portable edition installed on an external drive in the folder x:\Musicbee. All my music files are on the same drive in a folder called x:\Music. All my podcast subscriptions are stored in a subfolder to the music folder.

When I open Musicbee now, all files are reported missing, including the podcast files. I can relocate individual files by browsing for them using the "locate file" command, but this would be tedious for the whole collection. Also, I am very afraid that all my podcast subscription will be corrupted, with all files I already downloaded not being filed correctly under their respective subscription. This would create utter chaos.

This happens every now and then to my files; thus, this issue is very serious to me. I would be very happy if you could help me there.

Thank you so much!

Michael

phred

• Global Moderator
Is it possible that the drive letter assigned to the portable drive has changed?
Make sure the drive letter is permanently assigned by right-clicking on Windows My Computer > Manage > Storage Disk Management
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here