Author Topic: What does highlighting do in Artists view?  (Read 426 times)

jonap

Hi, sorry if it's a stupid question, but I know what highliting does as field in the tracks view
Although, in the Artists view, there is the optoin to show highlighting and I tried to test it but can't seem to have any results, so I don't know what is supposed to affect in this particular view, I don't know if it's supposed to affect the artists (on the left) or the tracks (on the right)

This is the view

hiccup

For the Tracks header panel, set 'Highlight' as a column and you will see.

edit
Hmm, that doesn't seem to work thereā€¦
Last Edit: November 01, 2022, 07:10:42 PM by hiccup

jonap

I forgot to put it into the screenshot, but my question was exactly that, despite the column highlight, I see nothing

The column highlight works correctly with the highlight rules set in the Tags (2) panel

But this panel has a different set of highlights rules that don't apply to the tracks panel

Indeed in the screenshot, every track should have the blue highlight as every track has Green Day as Artist which should be the rule, and also every track (not shown in this particular screenshot) correctly display highlights from the other set of rules

So this is a different set of rules specifically for the Artists view, but don't know for what
Last Edit: November 01, 2022, 07:39:26 PM by jonap

jonap

I think I found out
It's not for Artists view, but for Album Cover view (which is similar to the screenshot, but group tracks for album rather than Artists)
So the album whose tracks respect the highlighting rule, get a small triangle on the top-right corner of the album cover of the color chose by you, but only if all the tracks in the album respect the rule

I wish it was the same for Artists view too