Author Topic: Tracks count (not only Album count) in Artists view  (Read 1662 times)

jonap

the patch didn't do anything, but we are getting close to the solution

I noticed I was in the "Artists" view while you are in "Album Covers" view

so I switched to Album Covers view too, and indeed the extra line with the virtual tag appears there

Although now tracks are not grouped by Artist anymore, but by albums, and so the virtual tag gives the count of track in each album, not the count of tracks for each artist as total

then I tried the "Sort by" and "Group by" options, but it doesn't change the grouping by albums into grouping by artists, rather than just adding a extra box between all the albums

boroda

I noticed I was in the "Artists" view while you are in "Album Covers" view

so I switched to Album Covers view too, and indeed the extra line with the virtual tag appears there

then, i think, this should go to the bug reports board, because it definitely is a bug (configurable, but not displayed extra fields).

p.s. also, if you want to get track count for artist rather than for album, then you must define LR preset as: "album artist (displayed)" grouping, "count(url)" function (without "album" grouping).
Last Edit: May 08, 2023, 08:27:14 AM by boroda

jonap

got it, now preset gives the artist track count and not album count, thank you

and yeah, if the field works for album view, it should be working for other views too, so I'll make a post in the bugs section

thank you for your help and patience and thank you also for let me find out how powerfull ATRT is, I will definitely play with it a bit to see what other nice things can achieve

boroda

you still can see artist or album track count under the album name on the right side of artist view:

jonap

thanks, but it kinda loses its purpose there, not the same as having it directly under the artist (if I actually understood what the panel you are showing is)

boroda

Steven, i understand why artist view hadn't initially extra fields (because all info is stored per track, and this info can be different for different tracks of the same artist), but now mb has its own aggregated functions, which can be calculated for artist, like $Sum(), $Count(), etc. and tag tools plugin provides the way to define almost arbitrary aggregated functions (not only numeric!).

so, could you add support for extra fields to artist view, like in the mockup below?