Author Topic: Assign Music level output to radio stations, separate from main output level  (Read 506 times)

Tony_D

Greetings all,

I think that many have a proper music library ripped from CD etc. and you will notice that modern music (loudness war) is soooo much louder than music from the 60's 70's & 80's.
I find myself listening to my personal play lists and after that has finished the last in the cue will often be a radio station.
My own Flac collection has often high dynamic range and a typical radio station has, well, NO dynamics, therefore it will blast twice the volume of my own music, with over the top multi-band compressed lows, mids and highs, making me jump up strait in a millisecond, almost hitting the ceiling.

My question would be if it is possible to have a (global) setting for all radio station at i.e. half the volume level of the settings of the master output.
As most stations are going for the maximum of almost touching the 0 DB, a rough setting would be enough, not too complicated.
Meaning if my master level is at 50% the radio station will be 25%, if the main is 100% the radio will be 50%, and when the volume slider is moved, either in Musicbee on the PC or via Android remote, the radio station will always follow at 50% lower (or as adjusted if there are detailed settings)

Hope this simple but useful idea will make it one day in this awesome piece of software.

Thanks for the Menbers for helping with their thumbs up, thanks for Steven to take a look at this.

Musicbee forever... Tony D.

frankz

Tony_D

Tony_D

"needs some testing"

Used it for a couple of days now, works great !

Great software just got better (for me)
I wonder what else i haven't found yet ....  ;)