Author Topic: Allow to remove line gap between discs  (Read 802 times)

sapr

This feature request has already been asked as question topic. Currently track sub-grouping has a toggleable setting about where to add a line gap, like this:

However, if tracks within the same group span across different discs (usually happens with large scale classical music works), then a mandatory gap would appear between discs, without any way to turn it off. 2 Screenshots after next paragraph demonstrates the problem, first without sub-grouping, and 2nd image with sub-grouping.

The only workaround so far is to remove disc tags from all tracks and invent spurious track numbers so all tracks "appear" to have the same disc. Would it be possible to add a toggle in the same manner as sub-grouping gap setting?

Last Edit: November 01, 2022, 08:30:38 AM by sapr

Axxonn

I was going to write there is sort of an option for this in the 'Artwork' view (I take it this is in the 'Album and Tracks' layout?), there's a dropdown box called 'sub-grouping header:' where you can choose which tag to use instead of only Disc#.  For instance, I have a virtual tag set up so that if the Grouping tag is "Podcast" or "Mix",  the header will display the year instead of the disc (I have hundreds in some albums, don't ask :P). But actually I've just checked and if you remove any header at all, it still splits by discs with an empty line, and my podcast-year thing only works when there is no disc number.  So ultimately it would simply be nice to not have <Disc#> override all.

Tybot

Wouldn't mind seeing this so +1

I had forgotten about it but apparently that's how I solved it too, by editing the track/disc tags, which means the tags are technically incorrect as they don't match the release. Not the biggest issue in the world perhaps but it could cause some confusion at a later time.

sapr

I have added an option to not separate discs

It seems to be working fine, even for custom views. Thx Stefen!